Matt
Years ago

Import crop this year vs last year

Are the NBL imports picked up by clubs for 2017-18 better or worse than the class of 2016-17?

Topic #41821 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably won't know until 2018/19

Reply #647664 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's the ins/outs list? Cotton and Ware are back, Trice, Prather, Boone and Clarke too. Lost Randle and Craig. Dillard gone as well. Any other notable losses?

Reply #647673 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Any other notable losses?

Josh Powell? Notable as in thank the Gods that he's gone, notable...

Reply #647677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holt back after a previous stint

Reply #647692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McKay, Holyfield, Edwin, Mitchell, Harris all gone.
Conger at this stage looks a better all around player than Harris, Johnson should be an upgrade on holyfield which wouldn't be hard. Haven't seen Cooke play so don't know if he will be better than McKay. Who knows if Carrera will make it after his weekend antics against the Wildcats.

Reply #647711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just losing Randle & Craig means this year's crop is worse until proven otherwise IMO

Reply #647714 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Blake gone better than he showed, josh powell(he wasn't used well by gaze), garret jackson gone..

Reply #647715 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Powell's problems all appeared to be on his own side of the fence. I wouldn't put that on the coach.

Reply #647716 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide . Better
Brisbane. Worse off .
Cairns. Not sure
Illawarra. Better
Melbourne. Better
New Zealand. Worse.
Perth. Not sure haven't seen Cooke yet.
Sydney. Worse not because Ellis and Leslie aren't good enough, they should've gone for 3 imports.

Reply #647720 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

Brisbane worse off?

Trice, Holt and Buford will be more productive than Craig and Beal

Reply #647721 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

My early guesses, based on little:

Adelaide - not sure
Brisbane - probably better due to quantity
Cairns - better
Illawarra - better
Melbourne - better
New Zealand - better
Perth - worse
Sydney - better

Reply #647726 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ahhh....

Any important question, but the question on everyone lips is "who will be the first one sacked?"

Reply #647727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Each year seems to get better as more reakise it's a chance to get noticed again

Reply #647751 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Are Adelaide better even without Randle?

Reply #647759 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

They appear more balanced without Randle

Reply #647760 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

interesting. i have got season tickets and am getting back into the NBL after a very very long time.
I can understand that the other guys will get more ball since Randle's usage was just ridiculous. But you do need an X-Factor, particularly in playoffs. Hoping the new imports have match winning ability in them.

Reply #647764 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Any important question, but the question on everyone lips is "who will be the first one sacked?"
Not sure what his role is, haven't seen him play, don't know how financial the Hawks are ... but did their non-Rotnei bench import do much in the pre-season? I know Conger seemed to do well.

Reply #647767 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Delvon Johnson was horrible in the first few games and would've been my pick for first sacked but now seems to have lifted his game to a Michael Holyfield like level.

Reply #647778 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm going to go out early and say Ronald Roberts first one sacked due to a bum knee if not Michael Carrera gone after headbutting Aaron Fearne before Week 2.

Reply #647779 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

DJ Newbill would be another one to watch for early sacking.

Reply #647782 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Zodiac - not sure lifting to Holyfield level is anything brilliant.

Reply #647790 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Its too hard to judge, injuries plays such a big part of it.

Typically the Hawks don't dump their non-performing imports, eg. Carson, Catron, Glover (Showron), Tiggs, and Holyfield.

My finger-in-the-air guess is JP Tokoto, because the Wildcats may need more offensive output, particularly from long range from their wing players.

They made a big deal about Walker being able to spread the floor, then when JP came, they suddenly changed tack and sold the team on athletic defence.

The Wildcats need more offence, they knew that when Prather could not do it himself, they will discover the same when Cotton cannot carry the scoring load for the Cats.

Reply #647803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems to get better each year I think. They learn more each year from hi they brought in before.

Reply #648352 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754