Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Breakout Players

Who are your top 5 breakout candidates for the upcoming season?

Topic #41829 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey

Reply #647832 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Damon Heuir is entirely capable of becoming the kind of high impact bench player that Jarrad Weeks used to be before fearney tried to turn him into a backup point guard. He was averaging 25+ per night in the Qbl so he's obviously got something.

Todd Blanchfield if he's played well.

Kevin White. Because if Bevo's going to make him captain he may know something the rest of us don't.

Matt Hodgson if he maintains recent form (and cos everyone else saying it)

I'm out.

Reply #647833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok

Reply #647846 | Report this post

larry.lionheart  
Years ago

Sobey and Finn Delaney.

Both are solid, Finn kind of reminds by of Gary Wilkinson just not as built. red hair though

Reply #647848 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bevo knows his players very well and his decision to make White as Captain comes from his knowledge of him over many years through state teams and other competitions as well as nswis.
I think people will be surprised and find he will do a good job.

Reply #647852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shea Ili

Reply #647853 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

For Most Improved Player Mitch McCarron easily.

I think Dexter Kernich-Drew could earn some trust from Trev and earn more court time.

Mitch Creek has several more levels that he can get to with his game and I think he will finally take a game by the throat and do it consistently.

Cody Ellis needs a massive year or else he may not be in the league next year.

Lucas Walker has really got some quality form going so why can't he make some noise this season.

With no Bairstow this season Mitch Young and Tom Jervis need to make the most of it otherwise they will see more time on the bench than the floor next season.

Good luck to everyone and hopefully injuries don't ruin any of these players season

Reply #647859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CT, Kevin White?? hahahaha

Reply #647867 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

White doesn't need to be a breakout player. He's not captain because he'll get stats.

Can't see any breakout surprises besides maybe Delaney continuing to exert himself strongly. Sobey already proved himself last season. Creek makes incremental improvements. Drmic has potential to play a Madgen role, but he's in a crowded space at the 36ers.

Reply #647874 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Drmic to breakout as the most hated in the NBL (by fans other that 36er's)

Reply #647893 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"CT, Kevin White?? hahahaha"

Yes, it is a bit of a stretch, I know..

Reply #647917 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"Drmic to breakout as the most hated in the NBL (by fans other that 36er's)"

36er fans will remember how he got himself ejected wth 2 Techs in our hour of need.

Reply #647921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus Brandt for MIP.

Reply #648049 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sobey most likely again

Reply #648326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754