Double Clutch
Years ago

Tickets selling fast tonight

Heard from both a player and a board member today that tickets are selling fast for tonights game. I can't be definate on the number I was given, but if true the current amount of tickets sold is more than last year's biggest attendence already.

Maybe hop on down to venutix and get tickets now as tonight will be a lot of walk-ups for tonights match. Don't want to miss out.

Topic #4184 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Saying that however, there does seem to be some very good seats still available on venutix.

Reply #48642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6000 sold, just spoke to Venue Tix.

Reply #48651 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Better than last year. Lets hope that another couple of thousand people are walk ups!

Reply #48652 | Report this post

Buttercup  
Years ago

Almost a sell out with bout 500 tickets left

Reply #48653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is the official capacity of the dome?

Reply #48657 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

8000, or 200 either side of, depending on who you talk to.

Reply #48662 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Thats fantastic news for the sixers ... Advertising has been great so far .. Ive heard adds on the Radio and seen TV ads .. and the Price is quite affordable .. lets hope the advertising can stay like this all season ... More inportantly tonights lets hope we play well for a big crowd and its the kinda game that will get them coming throughs doors again

Reply #48663 | Report this post

twentyfour  
Years ago

this is great news. i hope this happens all season. people are finally interested in the sixers again and so they should be

Reply #48677 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

allthough crowd wasnt a sellout tonight (somewhere between 5500 and 6000) it was a noisy and very energetic crowd well done to those who came and well done on the game being changed im sure if it was tommorow night it would more like 3000 - 4000 fans

good night allround

Reply #48706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Me thinks some people on here are telling porkie pies.

But was larger than expected.

Reply #48714 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

GEe, I read this thread this afternoon, rang Venuetix to check ticket numbers, and they said there were a "few left at the door"

What rot. If this happens again, maybe the ACCC might like to investigate these apparent breaches of Fair Trading. Making tickets to something appear more difficult to get than what they are......highly illegal.

Reply #48720 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Well I don't go posting everything on here, and someone who I really trust told me the news. I was still skecptical, but after being told the same figure by many a person I started to believe it.

My guess is, (seeming as I was told the same figure by about 4 people) is that someone in the office saw 5,500 or so tix were sold, and predicted 1,000 or so walk-ups to make a figure of 6,500. Then eventually that figure went around the office as 6,500 plus walk-ups, making 7,500, hence the 500 left. So in the future if I get news tickets are selling well, I won't post it.

But I don't see why we can't get 6,500 for the next match. The game was great, and the game night entertainment a big improvement. Some problems such as PA, and scoreboard still needed to be sorted out but once everything gets going will be good. Tiny steps in the right direction. Keep promoting, and things should pick-up.

Reply #48723 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Thomo, I would have said more like 4000-4500 at best.

Reply #48732 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Last season was 4,398 in the opening against Townsville, and that was with the sides basically totally empty. There was a slight improvement above the concourse. I say at least 5,000.

Reply #48737 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yeah i reckon 5000 - 5500 is more realistic but still it was ok turnout considering it was opening night of show and adelaide united first home game they would have taken a reasonable amount away from it,

Reply #48741 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

5000 is my guess. Not as many as rumours would have led us to believe, but better than I expected.

I asked why the points/fouls weren't showing on the two scoreboards -- the club have recently replaced the computer that controls these, fresh for the 05/06 season, so hopefully the new machine gets brought inline for the Sydney game.

Reply #48751 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754