koberulz
Years ago

No More Head-to-Head

John Casey just casually threw out during the broadcast that ties will now be resolved via overall percentage, not head-to-head as in past years.

Not a fan of the move, personally, it always added something to matchups.

Topic #41880 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like a stupid idea. Let's hope Casey is wrong.

Reply #648834 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I didn't like the sound of that either.

Reply #648835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I liked the H2H match ups and it made season series more interesting, but I think it makes it a lot easier for casual and new fans to follow and understand which is a good thing. I had a lot of people asking me last year wtf was going on with the ladder and all the combos and mini tables and not knowing what to follow. Sticking with a more simple format will appeal to others and easier for them to pick up and gain interest.

Reply #648853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good change.

Reply #648887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why hadn't the NBL announced this pre Round 1?

Reply #648894 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Good move, takes into account your season performance by using pt% which is what the ladder should be not h2h against one other side.

Reply #649202 | Report this post

NBL Burger King  
Years ago

Good move. Much easier to follow. Wins, percentage and then perhaps head to head record.

Reply #649209 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think I like it as well.

Reply #649215 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Sounds logical

Reply #649776 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I much preferred head-to-head, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over the change if it's true.

Reply #649782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why is the ladder sorted by games played then??

Reply #649786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great change. H2H was stupid. Brilliant move. Now to fix the lame uniforms, LK.

Reply #649789 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I think overall percentage is much simpler.

I must admit I could never understand fully the head to head and mini tables of last season.

Reply #649792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understood it but it was stupid. Also rearranging the ladder for H2H overall didn't make sense. Playoff seeds are different to overall (against every team based on FG%) ladder finish but that just confused everyone. Good riddance.

Reply #649793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was confusing but it was also extremely exciting in the final two weeks of last season.

Reply #649794 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I like the fact that if two teams are equal the one that got the better of the other went through. Can understand some thinking it complex when it comes to three-way ties etc though.

Reply #649799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why didn't the NBL tell the public this b4 it was mentioned on a TV coverage? Do they employ a media manager?

Reply #649819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They like to hide things from us like the luxury tax rule.

Reply #649823 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Ha ha ha!
"Luxury tax rule", that koke never gets old!

Reply #649825 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

*joke.

Reply #649827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:)

Reply #649828 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I like the fact that if two teams are equal the one that got the better of the other went through. Can understand some thinking it complex when it comes to three-way ties etc though.
The other positive of percentage is you avoid a situation where teams play two or three games in close proximity, while one is carrying an injury or similar.

Reply #649829 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Negative about percentage is that when a team is up double figures in the 4th they won't get minutes into the young guys as now you have to win by the most possible all the time.

Reply #649860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754