The Gulls
Years ago

Chelsea Gulls re-sign imports Standerfer and Jackson

Chelsea are proud to announce that they have re-signed star imports Corey Standerfer & Malika Jackson for D1Men & D1Women for season 2018 as well as having major sponsor O'Brien Real Estate Chelsea also back on board for the upcoming season.

"To lock in our imports early is a major coup for the club and to have the same two coming back is also a great sign of where we are at.

Corey comes back for his 5th season at the Nest and Malika will also be back for her second season, both our quality players as you all know and they are the utmost professionals who are of the highest quality when talking as people.

Everyone within the club loves these 2 players as they are so actively involved around the club, you only have to see the crowds we are getting at home and away and I credit these two for a lot of that.

We have also been able to get our loyal and fantastic sponsor in O’Briens back on board in what is a major coup of the court, this sets us up so well and the support they give us is incredible, it has been a great partnership and one that I see going beyond again after 2018 and we are so extremely lucky to have Stavros and his team as our major naming rights sponsor for 2018.

With our senior try outs next weekend and the amount of phone calls and chats I have had with players from last season and new ones wanting to try out it is really encouraging as we move forward, I can speak for the men as we have 2 new players who will be announced soon enough who are going to be massive for us next season, all is looking good" - Stadium manager and D1 Men coach Peter Caspersz

Topic #41888 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Lock them in for both D1 titles next year for sure.

Reply #649040 | Report this post

Truth  
Years ago

Um WOW.

I can hardly contain my excitement. Divy 1 men will be so weak next season Divy 2 might be almost better.

That club must have zero ambition to be at a good level otherwise they would not have knocked back the opportunity to go to State Champ men and women. Next statement to read "Chelsea aims to win C grade domestic comp at Kooweerup with Standerfer"

Reply #649048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing Chelsea have Jake Martin locked in as well (although he is shopping himself around to various clubs, might be a bit of overkill for D1 Men comp.

Reply #649075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Engrave the trophy now. Done and dusted. Doubt they will lose a game tbh

Reply #649078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting night at the seagulls press night.. people can't hold there alcohol.

Reply #649116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#arrested

Reply #649118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin not returning to Vic. Interstate.

Reply #649135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Martin get injured after a night club incident...

Reply #649136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope. Broke his ankle in last game he played for season.

Reply #649139 | Report this post

THE BEAR  
Years ago

Could be a matter of $$$$$$$ .

Reply #649207 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

#arrested ?????

Reply #649340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong thread

Reply #649377 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

re: Chelsea Gulls re-sign imports Standerfer and Jackson
Interesting night at the seagulls press night.. people can't hold there alcohol.

So do pray tell.

Two "hotheads" down there in the Men's, did they get in a barney!?

I take it from the thread that Women not going to SCW, with Smethurst gone and probs players leaving with him they afraid that too much $$$ would have to be spent to be competetive?

Reply #649504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who has replaced Smethurst?

Reply #649555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club is travelling better than ever, more player interest and apparently quite a few applicants for womens job which is why it is talking a while. Good luck Gulls, maybe jealousy is a curse!

Reply #649567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Pete

Reply #649574 | Report this post

Big red  
Years ago

Who are the hot heads in the men's team?

Reply #649630 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Probably you are one Big Red?

Reply #649711 | Report this post

Ray yates  
Years ago

Any update on hot heads or smethurst.
What's happened to the men’s squad.natives restless

Reply #659091 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754