koberulz
Years ago

Derek Cooke Jr

After all the waiting for him to be cleared, he played five minutes and did nothingiof note. Surely not a good sign for his future at the club?

Topic #41898 | Report this topic

Shano76  
Years ago

Maybe give him more than one game? Can't all be Bryce Cotton. Same over here with Shorter. Patience.

Reply #649282 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

"A guy my size doesn't run like me. Some people say I run like a gazelle because I just move so free among the court. You have to see it. I’m pretty fast."

That's what he said. LOL

He wants to get a NBA contract he has to show a LOT more. Although he did not impress I would give him another couple of games to show what he's got.

It was an epic FAIL when Kickert tried to back him down in the post.

Reply #649285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks similar to McKay where he will be a defensive presence and not much else.

Worked last year so why not try and repeat it

Reply #649287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz doing exactly what he complains about other people doing.

Reply #649296 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's the first game he's ever played with the team for fuck sake. What were you really expecting? Yeah, he didn't show anything but I didn't expect much either. Give it 3-4 games and if he isn't showing signs then he can probably book his flight.

Reply #649302 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Good to know you're just as irrational as the average fan when it comes to matters involving your team, Kobe

Reply #649314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He got chewed out by gleeson the whole time he was on the court, don't be surprised if he is released for Mckay....

Reply #649315 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He played a whopping six minutes, none of which were while Knight was able to play.

Might have been his first game, but he's been training with the team. Imports have stepped straight off the plane and played significantly more minutes and done far better.

Reply #649317 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

He showed enough glimpses to me defensively in those 6 minutes to show he is a legitimate rim protector in this league. Was lost when it came to defending Kickert on the perimeter, but you get that with new imports.

Looked completely lost on offence, but does he look like he can average 7 & 6 from here-on out (McKay's numbers from last season)? I'd be more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt; he's basically a more solidly built version of McKay.

Reply #649318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How odd Koberulz would have this sort of knee jerk reaction, the type he gets on other about ALL the time. I saw today he was having a twitter laugh at the 36ers fans wanting Shorter gone after one game. Yet here he is doing the same... after one game FFS

Reply #649320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, practice what you preach, makes out like he's an expert but has no idea. Times have changed since imports were expected to average 30ppg. Likes to dish it out but can't take it. Waiting for the obligatory cut and paste someone's post then bag it, get back in your box.

Reply #649328 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Do remember that he didn't even attempt a shot, do I think he can be as good as McKay, no I don't and I don't really want him to either, I like that Walker is getting minutes and what he is doing with them and likewise with Brandt and I don't want his development ruined. If Knight retires because he is basically made of glass then it changes what we need from an import big.

Would I like to see him as a spark on defence, maybe someone that will get fouls because they are trying to intimidate the opposition with their rim protection... yes I do.

He won't make the NBA directly after playing for the Wildcats but he could get a regular gig as part of the dunk team with those gumnasts.

Reply #649329 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

*gymnasts

Reply #649330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think this thread how Koberulz thought it would. And funny to see someone else mention the copy paste thing, it’s not just me. I’m sure if I had nothing better to do, I’d be able to search your previous posts and find somewhere that you would’ve said give an import minimum 4 games to make judgement etc

Reply #649339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh Kobe, you have done it again.

Reply #649352 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Needs a few more games Kober.
Small ball worked last night for Perth.

Reply #649355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wait so kobes post isn't sarcastic? oh my

Reply #649356 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Member when everybody wanted to cut Lisch after a few games....

Reply #649372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just gonna wait for Koberulz to rebut this thread like he does every single other one with the ol copy paste syndrome. Or is he going to just go into hiding?

Reply #649378 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

I remember Beal was a shocker after a couple of games but turned into gold. Cooke will be the same.

Reply #649401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's this copy and paste nonsense that everyone is going on about?

Reply #649403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He goes back to previous comments, copies and pastes a line or two then proceeds to be condescending.

Reply #649423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooke looked raw and uncomfortable out there last night. He might take some time to develop, but if Walker keeps playing then he might get that time. I think he'll be a situational weapon for the team off the bench in the second half of the season, but don't expect him to be a star.

Reply #649426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you guys are so concerned how some unknown person replies on an internet forum, then that person has won.

Reply #649427 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Lisch's debut: 28 minutes, 20 points, 5 boards.

Beal's debut: 30 minutes, 11 points, 7 boards.

Shorter's debut: 30 minutes, 14 points, 4 boards, 4 assists.
Cooke's debut: 6 minutes, 1 board, 1 turnover, 1 steal.

Lisch, Beal and Shorter all played close to 30 minutes in competitive games (no margin greater than three points), Cooke got six minutes in a blowout and it took a Matty Knight injury for him to get on the court at all. These are not comparable.

Reply #649430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz... what is your point?

You personally think that Cooke isn't good enough after one game?

Reply #649442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he quotes what other people have written and responds to them? Um I'm pretty sure thats what a message board is for.

Reply #649446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread will be fun in two weeks time.

Reply #649450 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

@koberulz is smart enough not to respond to idiots whose only reason for posting is to bait koberulz. Don't bother posting, if all you aim to do is criticise someone.

@koberulz might make himself a fairly easy target. At least he has the courage to have a handle on this forum, and use it.

On topic:
It's a bit strange that he didn't get much court time, but at what stage of the game was it quite clear the Bullets were shot (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)? Perhaps Gleeson (yes, I know he's a flog, thank you) didn't think he's had enough time to get used to the 'Cats system? How long has he been practising with the team?

Reply #649452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but using Cut and Paste though....thats apparently uncouth here.

If you want to respond, you better type that shit out, none of this new age short cuts.

Reply #649454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is hard to question the judgement of someone who thinks that kobe rulz. he was on the money with that so he is likely on the money about cooke jr as well. expect him to be gone after the end of round 2 if not sooner.

Reply #649456 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Perhaps Gleeson didn't think he's had enough time to get used to the 'Cats system? How long has he been practising with the team?
Two months. Tokoto was only signed one month ago.

If he hasn't picked it up by now he's never going to.

Reply #649460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully KR will be.
"Koberulz doing exactly what he complains about other people doing. "

Reply #649461 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

How many pre-season games did Cooke play?

Reply #649462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

irrelevant. what matters is how long ago he signed a piece of paper.

Reply #649464 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm not sure that's particularly relevant. They're hardly going to hold him out until next year's Blitz, and last night was probably one of the better opportunities to ease him in given the game was never really in doubt.

He's had plenty of practice time, all he's lacking is game time. If he can't get it in a blowout, when is he going to get it? If he's looking lost on offense, what's going to change? If Adam Gibson is pushing him around and outrebounding him, why is he here?

Reply #649465 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It wasn't a blowout. Coaches don't rest easy in a game like that where the other team has made a lot of runs.

How many pre-season games did he play?

Reply #649467 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

By the standards of the NBL the past couple of seasons, it was a blowout. You're not going to get many better opportunities to give a guy minutes.

He's played the same number of pre-season games as Bryce Cotton did last year.

Reply #649468 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Did he really not play any? Did the visa issue drag on that long? Well that explains the minutes, Gleeson went with what he was comfortable with.

Will be interesting to see how his minutes increase.

Reply #649470 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Did he really not play any?
I took it as a rhetorical question, but no, he wasn't cleared until after the pre-season was done.

Which was weird in itself, and when he was still sitting there with a couple of minutes left in the first half I was starting to think something was still going on.

They haven't had Matty Knight all pre-season either, but he was on the court much earlier and on pace to play significantly more minutes than Cooke before he got injured.

Reply #649474 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

"Lisch's debut: 28 minutes, 20 points, 5 boards."

Incorrect - Lisch's had 12 points http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190404439&client=0-189-12314-232872-17885835&ocompID=95997

Cooke was poor against the Perry Lakes Hawks in the rehearsal exhibition match as well - had people there questioning if he was actually an import...

Reply #649476 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Lisch's debut: 28 minutes, 20 points, 5 boards."

Incorrect - Lisch's had 12 points http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190404439&client=0-189-12314-232872-17885835&ocompID=95997
*facepalm*

I did think 20 seemed high...and it's not like Redhage was listed next to him either. I have no idea how that happened.

Still, nowhere near Cooke's performance and minutes.

Reply #649479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In which alternate universe is a 10 point win a "blowout"? Or a 6 point margin early in the 4th quarter. FFS.

Reply #649481 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They went 16 in front two minutes into the fourth and Brisbane didn't get it below 13 until two minutes remaining.

Reply #649483 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So far, it's seemed that coaches are paying close attention to margins due to the head-to-head rule change. Could keep the stars in longer at the end of games but limit opportunities for scrubs?

Reply #649487 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Coaches played the margins plenty in previous years, they only ever became an afterthought in the fourth game where a series was 3-0, or when teams were at the opposite end of the ladder.

In any event, either Cooke isn't a scrub and they need to get him minutes at some point, or he is a scrub and I refer back to my original point.

Reply #649489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I spoke to Trev briefly after the game in the members bar and he said it was about getting some court time into him and next week they will look at running plays for him. Hopefully it wasn't just blabber to get me leave him alone I want to see what he can do with that athleticism

Reply #649490 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"They haven't had Matty Knight all pre-season either, but he was on the court much earlier and on pace to play significantly more minutes than Cooke before he got injured."

Clutching at straws now Kobes, Knight has been there seven years, he can slot in a lot easier than a bloke who's never played a game with the team!

Reply #649494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This wasn't a blow out.

And at no stage was the lead large enough that Gleeson took he foot off the pedal.

DKD didn't even hit the court.

Cooke isn't supposed to be a star like cotton or Tokoto. It's been said in the media that he's here to play a role.

Koberulz is just mad an import didn't score, as if that's a reason to cut someone after one game.

Reply #649495 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

DKD didn't even hit the court.
Well if Cooke is above DKD in the rotation, everything is obviously just fine then.

Again, either Cooke is a rotation player who just doesn't have any game minutes under his belt, in which case you have to bite the bullet at some point and last night was one of the better chances you're going to get, or he's just here for garbage minutes in which case he can be adequately replaced by any number of locals.

Koberulz is just mad an import didn't score
It does put him in an exclusive category along with Wildcats legends Mike Spears and Sunday Adebayo, but my concern is the column to the left. It's not 2003, we don't sign imports to have them sit on the bench anymore. The fact that he only played six minutes is reason to ask questions.

Reply #649498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz you are digging for something that isn't there.

Lucas Walker has stepped up. He's earnt a spot in the rotation and is trusted in that position now.

Cooke, because of his visa, hasn't be able to prove himself yet.

While he's been training this whole time, this is the first real competition he has faced.

He's clearly at a different level and point in his carerr than Cotton and Tokoto.

I think Gleeson used him well. I'd like to see more of him, but Gleeson was playing the combinations that were working best.

Cooke was brought in to be a role player.

I don't think there's anything to look into right now. Give him 3-5 games. Let him settle. An away game would do him good too.

Reply #649501 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

It may not have met the technical definition of a blow-out, but the game was done early, and the Cats took their foot off the gas.

And for what its worth, Kobe is right, Cooke didn't show much, not what you'd expect from an import.
All the reasons people have given are valid, and that explains why he didn't play 30 minutes for 20 points, but ideally you'd still want to see more potential from an import.

Its fantastic that we are getting such phenomenal value out of Waxy, Brandt just continues to impress, and Wagstaff was a quiet achiever off the bench. So sure, maybe we don't need a superstar in that import role, but its still important.

As most have said, wait and see I guess.

Reply #649511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cats have taken a gamble on a cheap import, he will probably need a few games to get going but I don't think he’s going to be a 15 and 10 type big man.

Reply #649717 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

If Perth can get 8 and 5 from him thats ok

Reply #649718 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Well he'll probably get his chance as Knight is getting scans again after another head (cheek) hit.

Reply #649719 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Knight would be justified in calling it a day imo. He has done enough and concussions are NO laughing matter

Reply #649721 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

If Knight cannot play much more, Brandt needs to improve his scoring. 3 from 9 and all from 4 feet or less is not really good enough considering Kickert was defending. Can't see Cooke doing much offensively either.

Reply #649726 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

10:33, 0/1 FG, 1 rebound, 2 steals, 1 foul, 1 turnover.

Reply #650354 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Would Perth be better replacing Cooke with McKay?

Reply #650356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure what the point that is trying to be made here is.

The Wildcats have a 5-man rotation going through the PF & C spots of Brandt, Walker, Wagstaff, Knight and Cooke. It's not really practical to give five guys big minutes at two positions. Last year Redhage was the "spare parts man" and generally wouldn't play many minutes. Most assumed Walker would take that role this year, with Cooke slotting into McKay's minutes. But because Walker is playing better than expected, he is seeing more minutes. Something has to give and Cooke is not playing as well as the rest so his minutes aren't as high. And that will remain the case whilst the others are playing better than him.

I don't think the Cats need to replace him - that big man rotation is plenty good and deep and it is helpful to have a 5th big who can play given Knight's injury history and because we have to see if Walker can keep up his good form. Cooke is also more athletic than the others so does offer something different if we need to call on it. Instructions to Cooke now would be to stay patient, keep working and try and grab your opportunities in the limited minutes you receive.

Reply #650359 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

The Wildcats are deep across 4 and 5 spots but you don't sign an import to play them 5 mins a game.
Better off giving a young local those minutes.
Was good to see DKD get a run

Reply #650561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When they signed Cooke they weren't expecting Waxy to play such a big role. But Waxy's play has been good enough to demand it. It's a bonus and has made the competition for minutes even harder.

Reply #650587 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I'm still hopeful Cooke will have a breakout game, then there is always the chance of a Knight injury or Brandt in foul trouble.

Reply #650632 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

you don't sign an import to play them 5 mins a game.
This is essentially my point. If the coach can't find minutes for you, that's usually not a good sign for your future as an import.

Reply #650671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon if he hasn't shown much in the next couple weeks he is gone. It's all well and good that Waxy is playing well and Knight, Wagstaff, Brandt are covering those positions but like said earlier you don't have an import playing 5 minutes as a role player. They need to be pushing the likes of Brandt for his starting role and at the moment I'm just not seeing it. Don't think he'll be here long.

Reply #650806 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

I think the point is pretty obvious.
He's an import.
We don't know that he is necessarily "cheap" but even if so, he's a hired gun, you expect big things, otherise whats the point?

No good saying "oh he'll get more minutes when Knight is injured," if he's not good enough. For what we're seeing they'd be better off getting minutes into Vague.

Keep in mind that this is Perth we're talking about. Last year we had a 2/3 who found himself behind Prather, Hire, and Kenny in the pecking order, and look how that turned out. And Trev will keep backing him in, right up to the moment they put him on the plane home.

Reply #650959 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

U can sign an import to play 5 minutes.

Just because it's not the norm doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

This Anon got it right.

"Last year Redhage was the "spare parts man" and generally wouldn't play many minutes. Most assumed Walker would take that role this year, with Cooke slotting into McKay's minutes. But because Walker is playing better than expected, he is seeing more minutes. Something has to give and Cooke is not playing as well as the rest so his minutes aren't as high. And that will remain the case whilst the others are playing better than him"

Reply #650961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Keep in mind that this is Perth we're talking about. Last year we had a 2/3 who found himself behind Prather, Hire, and Kenny in the pecking order, and look how that turned out."

There's a difference there. Hire and Kenny are clear back-up quality.

Brandt has stepped it up to such a stage that he's a quality starter now. Knight is a high quality starter when fit also. Wagstaff is one of the better reserves in the league and is probably starting quality on a few other teams. Walker is playing starting quality ball (for now). I say "for now", because he needs to show he can sustain this form for longer. If his performance dips, then Cooke would presumably get more minutes and would need to show he's worthy of them and then you might have an issue regarding his level of performance.

But for now, our big man rotation is looking so good that it doesn't really matter. And that might actually buy him more time. There's no urgency to go and look for a stud import big man (assuming we even have the budget to do this).

Reply #650990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To add to the above, if you want to replace Cooke with another import who will play more significant minutes, then which of Brandt, Knight, Wagstaff and Walker are you going to reduce to the 5 minute per game role? All are currently deserving of playing at least 15 minutes per game. And that's a minimum. Ideally you're playing your best players in the 25-30 minute range. There's only two positions we're talking about here and 40 minutes at each of them. Do the math and you'll find there's no urgency to get a big minute player worthy import big right now.

Cooke is actually the right fit right now. He's raw and needs time to learn and develop, but does offer an x-factor of elite athleticism that he could theoretically fill that "spark" role in short spurts. If not, then you don't really play him, just like the first two games.

Reply #650991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread will be fun in two weeks time.

Bump.

Reply #651850 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

19:06, 4/6 FG, 10 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 4 fouls, 1 turnover, 1 block.

Certainly a much better outing, and he ended up playing almost as many minutes as the previous two games combined, but it still took until halfway through the third for him to get on the floor.

Reply #651853 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He showed enough glimpses to me defensively in those 6 minutes to show he is a legitimate rim protector in this league.

Reply #653469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bet he didn't lick his lips after that play.

Reply #653474 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He left a shooter wide open on the perimeter and a big wide open under the basket on the same play. That level of incompetence is almost impressive.

Reply #653484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nearly as impressive as your use of italics.

Reply #653485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is that on Cooke? Hire switched off Johnson when Cooke was already guarding the wing.

Reply #653495 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Cooke goes back to guard Johnson, Hire switches out to Coenraad, Cooke then changes his mind and takes Coenraad as well.

I'm disinclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, because that's pretty much par for the course with his off-ball defence all year.

Reply #653537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooke saw that Hire was guarding Johnson so he turned to face the ball and covered the wing. Hire switched to the wing.

It was a defensive breakdown, shit happens. No need to drag Cooke for the rest of the game. How is the guy meant to get any confidence when he is in the doghouse all the time?

Reply #653544 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Cooke never engaged back to Johnson, he was in a position to help inside or close out Coenraad.

On the surface, it was a good defensive play, however given you'd expect Hire to know the defensive schemes inside out you'd think Cooke made the wrong play (even if Hire was in a poor position to get back to Coenraad).

That suggests he might be a slow learner and probably explains why he is being eased into minutes.

Reply #653561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooke just struggle. That is obvious. Then again it is harder to get into the right routines when you don't get the minutes. Catch 22. But my guess is dead man walking.

Reply #653564 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

He lost Johnson simple. Over-committed helping Cotton, late getting back into position and got flustered.

Maybe a slow learner but definitely lacking awareness.

Reply #653568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He still deserves more of a run than getting benched for a whole game for one breakdown.

Reply #653569 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He didn't overcommit to Cotton, it was a hard show to force him from the basket and/or give up the ball. The Wildcats were expecting rotations, Cooke just didn't rotate the way Hire (and hence probably the team) expected him too.

Reply #653570 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Cooke never engaged back to Johnson, he was in a position to help inside or close out Coenraad.
His initial line of recovery was to Johnson, not a help position off Coenraad. Which is obvious from a) his line of recovery and b) his general lack of knowledge of the existence of help defence.

And the reason he had to over-hedge was that he'd got completely lost on a screen just prior to that.

The play after that he just about killed Tokoto by not calling a screen.

He's been caught several times hugging his man away from the ball, with no idea where the ball is, only to turn around surprised by the fact that the other team has manufactured a layup.

Alternatively, he'll sit and stare at the ball, then turn around surprised by the fact that his man has gone backdoor and got a wide open look.

If he's a slow enough learner that he hasn't picked this up - most of which is basic under-12s stuff - in the three or four months he's been here...when is he going to pick it up, exactly?

Reply #653572 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He still deserves more of a run than getting benched for a whole game for one breakdown.
He was on court for four possessions and blew three defensive situations that I spotted and can remember.

He causes serious defensive issues almost every possession he's on the court. It wasn't a one-off thing.

Reply #653574 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

The overreaction to one play here is laughable.

This thing happens all the time with experienced players.

Might as well put up the clip of Martin getting crossed over by conger.

Players have brain farts, it's not exclusive to Cooke.

Part of him being here is development. Cats have that luxury, unlike Sydney.

People expecting every import to be Cotton/Tokoto.

Cooke is playing his role fine given his minutes.

Reply #653575 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

That suggests he might be a slow learner and probably explains why he is being eased into minutes.

Considering he didn't pick up basketball until college, calling him a slow learner might be a touch harsh... but yeah, he definitely doesn't have natural Basketball IQ.

That being said, he still has plenty of upside that I'd be willing to persist with him. The Wildcats are in a good place right now - gradually easing him into games throughout the season could pay dividends come the business end.

Reply #653576 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

He was almost to the halfway line paul! That's way over the top if you're going to fake-switch.

Reply #653577 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He was late getting there (because he'd got lost on an earlier screen), so he had to go out that far to contain the ball.

Reply #653581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave the poor bloke alone, he's the only asset to the rest of the comp at present and I reckon he'll be ok soon.

Reply #653589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"His initial line of recovery was to Johnson, not a help position off Coenraad. Which is obvious from a) his line of recovery and b) his general lack of knowledge of the existence of help defence."

Yes, and when he saw Hire had Johnson, he covered the wing at which point Hire switched.

Reply #653591 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Hire started moving out as soon as Cooke got within range. Hire was clearly only ever intending to help until Cooke recovered, it wasn't a switch.

Reply #653592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hire was clearly only ever intending to"

There is nothing clearly about it. Stuff ups happen. Frequently.

Reply #653593 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They don't happen 'frequently' when Cooke is on the bench.

If I'd kept the footage of the earlier games I could put together a compilation of about a dozen instances of Cooke getting completely lost on defence, which is a lot given he's barely played.

Reply #653597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Cooke saw the Hire had Johnson, so he covered the wing. If Hire didn't leave Johnson, we don't give up an easy dunk or an open three.

Reply #653598 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Hire's playing a help role covering two players, bumps the cutter, and recovers to his man after Cooke gets back to the paint.

Cooke wanders off for no reason.

Reply #653600 | Report this post

Trevor Gleeson  
Years ago

Huh?

Reply #653623 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

You're a flog!

Reply #653628 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

4 ppg and 2.8 reb a game most imports would be on the plane already.

Reply #654186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked like a simple miscommunication about what each other (Hire and Cooke) were going to do. Happens all the time, but should be corrected with more reps. Let's not forget that Cooke hasn't played many minutes with these guys.

"Considering he didn't pick up basketball until college, calling him a slow learner might be a touch harsh... but yeah, he definitely doesn't have natural Basketball IQ.

That being said, he still has plenty of upside that I'd be willing to persist with him. The Wildcats are in a good place right now - gradually easing him into games throughout the season could pay dividends come the business end."

Sensible comments.

Reply #654187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The play after that he just about killed Tokoto by not calling a screen.

He's been caught several times hugging his man away from the ball, with no idea where the ball is, only to turn around surprised by the fact that the other team has manufactured a layup.

Alternatively, he'll sit and stare at the ball, then turn around surprised by the fact that his man has gone backdoor and got a wide open look."

As per the footage posted above, Tokoto wasn't on the court. So I'm not sure how he "just about killed him on the next play".

And given your inaccuracy with that statement, I'm disinclined to give you the benefit of the doubt about how his defensive play is normally, particularly given you're unable to back up your claims with footage.

Reply #654191 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Let's not forget that Cooke hasn't played many minutes with these guys.
He's been training with the team for four months. Defensive rotations aren't the sort of thing you work out in game minutes, they should be second nature before you ever step on the floor.

As per the footage posted above, Tokoto wasn't on the court. So I'm not sure how he "just about killed him on the next play".

And given your inaccuracy with that statement, I'm disinclined to give you the benefit of the doubt about how his defensive play is normally, particularly given you're unable to back up your claims with footage.

Okay, so Illawarra had a fast break in between, it was merely the next half-court set. Near enough.

Reply #654201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously not near enough.

Reply #654203 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Clearly was not near enough.

Reply #654209 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats are negotiating with McKay and once they agree on $$$ then you'll find Cooke with be replaced.

Reply #654215 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Reply #654216 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Have to chuckle at anyone who thinks that play was cut and dried without knowing what defensive set the Cats were in and what was said between Hire and Cooke.

Reply #654217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooke's not doing too badly I think, for a role playing big man. He has some good players in front of him.

Hopefully he can learn and improve his defensive habits/instincts as the season goes on and being around a good group such as this one. As others have noted, he is relatively late to the game.

I'm not sure why there is such a huge focus on him after every game. He has not been the difference between wins and losses. In fact the most influential game he had (positive or negative) was a good one where he was a key contributor against Melbourne United. For context, he made some errors in the game against Illawarra and we still won by 30+. I guess with not much to complain about, he's seen by some as the whipping boy.

Hopefully he stays focused on learning and I could see him becoming valuable in the back half of the season.

Reply #654219 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If you're just looking at the play, sure, it's pretty close to 50-50 (although just eyeballing it makes me lean towards Cooke as being in error). When you take into account Cooke's horrendous off-ball defense, Gleeson's refusal to put Cooke in for any length of time, Cooke being benched three or four possessions later, and Hire having spent a decade in the Wildcats system and proven himself worth of minutes, it seems highly unlikely to have been Hire's fault.

Reply #654220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big game for him tonight with no Knight and Sydney's lack of size. Hopefully he gets some good minutes and opportunity.

Reply #654904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully he has a shocker because someone from Perth getting fired is overdue

Reply #654908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would have to say the KR as you started this stupid topic.

Reply #654919 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

He would be safe now.

Reply #655045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10 points, 5 rebounds and 3 steals in 16 minutes. Solid numbers. I wonder what koberulz thought of that.

Reply #655055 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Well he managed to forget to sub in...

Knight's retirement puts him on pretty shaky ground.

Reply #655517 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Lucas Walker and Rhys Vague have played clutch minutes at centre the last couple of games.

Reply #657053 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

No so safe now

Reply #657084 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Dare I say it, he's Cooked.

I agree with the decision to get Steindl. If he can get back to his best form, he can be a great scoring option off the bench.

But up against a big touch team like the breakers, with Brandt in foul and injury trouble, Cooke was found out.

And no, this isn't a "typical kneejerk Perth reaction, we lost lets sack somebody." As this thread attests, there have been questions over him since the beginning.
Sure he's shown what he can do coming on in junk-time against beaten opponents and 2nd stringers.
But Perth expect and need more from their imports.

I don't imagine they will rush to sack him, but I'm sure they've got their eye on a few guys playing around Turkey, etc, and will watching with interest anybody that parts ways.

Reply #657086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth aren't the type of team to sit on their hands.

McKay was allowable last year because we still had Knight's offensive game to offset it. Now he's gone, well when Brandt has an off night we are absolutely screwed.

Cya Dezza

Reply #657093 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

McKay was also actually good.

Reply #657100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with Cooke is with his role as an energy/xfactor sort of guy off the bench, he needs to be consistent, but also have the teams other big's (Brandt/Knight/Walker) playing really well to allow him to play 'just' that role.

First few games he had some question marks but you could see the potential and it seemed to be fine because Brandt/Walker were playing great (and we still had Knight). Suddenly Brandt/Walker have a quiet-ish couple of games and no Knight and Cooke's role in the team makes him look like an issue.

I was one of those wanting to keeping him on to see how things pan out, but now I feel like we need to move on from Cooke and just an 'energy guy' off the bench, and get a starting calibre PF who can play minutes at the C.

Reply #657103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree on the starting calibre PF. Hard to find good centres. Walker may have to go back to bench, but in honesty we probably need more scoring punch of the bench so having some poeple who can come in and spark something is good.

Reply #657108 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

McKay and Cooke are similar players, except that McKay can actually play at this level.
Whether we might prefer somebody bigger, is probably moot. They'll be looking at who's available (or becomes available.)

The rumours and counter-rumours surrounding McKay are interesting, but I imagine Trev will be keeping an eye on a number of players around the traps.

Reply #657302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cats offense is more a problem for its big men. How many times do you see Pledger or Ogilvy getting great passes from penetrating guards - Just not enough of that from Perth.

Most of their scoring seems 1 on 1 type stuff from Cotton or Tokoto.

Gleeson has had continual challenges on making a fluid offense, which has been less important when their defense and rebounding has been awesome. With the passage of time they've lost some of their defensive players and gained new ones who are not as effective in the defensive role. SO they need to step up and become more deadly on the offensive end to beat the likes of New Zealand

Cooke cant generate his own scoring and without a Ricky Grace type player there to feed it to him, he will not likely ever deliver enough. He is also foul prone and as such cant play long stretches on the floor.

Gleeson needs to bring in some offensive coaching guys to maybe get them to work on new offensive sets , plays and ideas. Hey even call Ricky Grace to come, that guy knew how to feed assists into Fisher, Grace and Vlahov.

Reply #657308 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If he knew how to feed assists to Grace then I think that says more about the Perth stats bench than the offensive sets :p

Reply #657314 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's remarkable how much things change with the retirement of Knight. Suddenly Cooke goes from being a luxury third option as a big who provides good energy and hustle, to needing to be relied upon especially if Brandt finds himself in foul trouble.

Was Steindl the right pick for the defending champs?
(article on NBL.com.au)

Reply #657659 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I believe Steindl was the right pick the Cats bench desperately needs offensive spark that only Wagstaff provides.

Cooke has been exposed and would have been safe if Knight was still there.
All imports come with expectations and if Perth or any other club (Sydney) need to make changes then so be it.

Heal is right Perth need a dominant 4/5 man. Lucas Walker is better suited to the bench.

Reply #657665 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Perth haven't had a dominant 4/5 man in this era, have they? Knight was a gun, but not a dominant force, he just did his job exceptionally well.

I think they need an excellent role player who rebounds, defends, sets screens and finishes around the hoop.

Reply #657691 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Mike Dunigan?

Reply #657695 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Greg Hire suggested in the latest Wildcats podcast that Mike Dunigan approached him / the Wildcats about making a come back.

Reply #657697 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I reckon Dunigan fits my description pretty well, as does McKay. Either would be a good pick-up.

Reply #657700 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

mckay please

Reply #657703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was McKay
Perth could look like this,

Martin 25, Kenny 10, Cotton 5
Cotton 25, Steindl 10, DKD 5
Tokoto 30, Steindl 8, Hire 2
McKay 20, Wagstaff 10, Walker 10
Brandt 25, Walker 5, McKay 5, Wagstaff 5

Reply #657704 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

id still start Waxy and have McKay come off the bench for Brandt

Reply #657711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see what McKay brings that Cooke doesn’t. McKay didnt have a post game either, just put backs. We need someone that will force the defence to double the post.

Reply #657714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think McKay and Brandt would start together. I don't think i ever really remember them being on the court at the same time last year.

I don't think McKay is the answer either, he's just another version of Cooke.

We more a PF who can play C and has a solid offensive game that doesn't just rely on dunks and put backs.

Reply #657715 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Cooke the rook came in shook. It doesn't take much of a look to see that his play still ain't textbook.

McKay may come in and slay, however a word of warning. They still need shooters, like a Maher, Rillie or Ng.

Reply #657721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone seems to get the pronunciation of Ng wrong. Just FYI it does not rhyme with McKay.

Reply #657723 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha, but 'or Ng' rhymes with 'warning'

Reply #657724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not if you pronounce it the correct way (sounds like wynn).

Reply #657730 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Oh damn

Reply #657737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always thought it was the Asian way of saying 'for example'

Reply #657740 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think the correct pronunciation of Darren's last name was more 'ung'

Reply #657741 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Regardless of pronunciation...

He's now Doctoring

Reply #657752 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Stupid article.
Snapping up Steindl was no-brainer. Pool of available local talent is limited.

Cooke's job was always to replace Knight. Who's going to waste an import spot on a 3rd stringer? Certainly not the wildcats.

Cats need somebody who can not only sub Brandt, but at times play alongside him.
McKay is definitely a better player than Cooke, but I'm he's not the only one out there.

Watch this space.

Reply #657885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Matty Knight did everything you want from a big man in this league. Leaves a massive hole. By bringing in Steindl, the Cats will improve their offense and outscore some teams with raw talent, but that won't get it done against the tough disciplined teams in the play-offs like New Zealand.

Reply #657902 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Cooke Jnr has had a great first quarter. Staying out of foul trouble and has energy.

Reply #658002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooke looked like he's getting comfortable on this road-trip. Two solid outings. Hopefully the improvement continues as the season goes on and he gets more experience at this level.

Reply #658482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also lucky that the decision-makers at the Wildcats aren't hot-headed, knee-jerk types like the fans who wanted him out. You need to give new, young players time to adjust and develop and Cooke appears to have turned the corner. Damian Martin gave him praise in the post-game interview so he is starting to get the respect of the veterans.

Reply #658483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems safe for now after doing everything asked of him

Reply #658484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defensively he looks like a beast and alters every shot. Needs to hold on the rebounds a bit better but overall he is better then the likes of the highly touted Tyler of the Kings and out worked Boon tonight..

Reply #658488 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cooke looks to be playing the McKay role just as well as McKay if not better

Reply #658491 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Only issue is Knight is out of the equation so they need better than Mckay did

Safe for now you'd think

Reply #658492 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Well it took him all of pre-season and 10 games for his breakout? Is this going to be normal or just a flash in the pan?

Reply #658529 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hang on, to be fair he missed a chunk of pre-season didn't he? Though he must have attended every practice sessions.

Reply #658530 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #658552 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Cooke looks to be playing the McKay role just as well as McKay if not better"

McKay was one of the better defenders in the league, had a good nose for the game at that end. He was one of the most underrated players in the league last year.

Cooke is a very different type of player, not a natural defender probably from taking the game up late, but he has some freaky offensive skills for a guy of his size.

He has huge potential and is a super strong body. He'll hurt them with dumb mistakes but also help with his big frame and athleticism.

Reply #658557 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cooke is more active on the glass,and at the other end if he can develop a couple of effective moves he could be devastating going on the drive. Cos he has the quickness to be able to step around people. Just needs to develop better footwork

Yesterday Boone wasn't as effective on the rolls after Cooke came on for Brandt. Not as good a positional defender as McKay perhaps but his athleticism is huge

Reply #658559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice to see Cooke play well today. As predicted by a few, he is getting better with more experience / reps. You had to expect this from a young big who was late to the game and hasn't played at this level of professionalism before.

He certainly is a good athlete and has a good touch around the hoop.

Reply #661045 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Not easy to admit Koberulz is right.
Cooke is shit.

Reply #662912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooke does some good things like affect shots in the paint, put backs and he has worked on that spin move but I think we should look to make a change. We need an offensive threat off the bench at the 5 and Angus seemed well suited to that role last year. Do we look at moving Cooke on for a starting centre. Mckay is the easiest option to integrate or a quality player like Rakeem Christmas?

Reply #662915 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Cooke played better than Brandt, who's been very average the last three games

Reply #662930 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Difference is that chances of replacing Brandt are practically nil, and in the long-term its not something you'd want to do.

But the options to replace imports are plentiful.

Reply #663110 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

And lets be honest, every time you say "Cooke," you might as well say "Jarron Johnson." We had all the same arguments last season.

Cooke is an ok player, and if he was a local you'd be dead chuffed to have him on your team.
Or, we're seen other teams with a stacked local line-up use imports as role players or for spark of the bench. When Brandt was on-fire and we still had Knight, that looked like it might work for us too.
Now? Not so much. We've replaced a 4/5 with a struggling 2/3.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not being arrogant just realistic. If this were Cairns or Hawks, you'd make do with Cooke, and probably seriously look at keeping him next season if the price was right.
But how much do you figure the Johnson/Ingram/Johnson/Cotton hoopla cost them?
And on the back of record memberships, how much do ya reckon they might spring for in pursuit of a 3-peat.

Reply #663111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is there are very few effective import centres running around that an NBL team could afford. Even MaCkay as a solid defensive centre, and more effective than Cooke, wasn't very good at creating scores when they had their dry patch. The type of centre that makes a difference is your Tyler, Boon Style who can score as well as rebound

The cats need to look for another Aussie centre next year as there are loads of good import forwards options out there. Brandt also may not be a certain starter, he has not been performing well of late. Jervis outdoes him every night.

Hard to see how the rest of the season pans out but the bench is running colder more often. Most games the cats lost, it could be contributed to a poor bench effort versus the opposition on the night. So do they risk dropping Cooke and getting a forward who can maybe moonlight as a centre (e.g. Ellis did it for a while at Sydney). If they dont and Martin gets injured again or even Tokoto or Cotton go down - they will struggle big time to offensively win games.

Teams are becoming more adept at scoring that its harder to shut them down without having scoring of your own to counter.

Reply #663112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is easy to say let's do another Jaron Johnson to Bryce Cotton swap, but the Cats don't have an unlimited budget. I feel like Cooke is doing his job for the most part, although he is inconsistent. I thought all the role players were ineffective against Illawarra. Steindl and Wagstaff didn't do their job either and as the poster above noted, Brandt has not been pulling his weight for a while now besides a solid half against Brisbane.

Reply #663116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats will do their patented second half of the season revival, finish top and win the ship

Reply #663118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#118 understands it.

Reply #663127 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Hope you're correct #118.
Its not all about Cooke though Wagstaff and Steindl in particular need to step up especially in Martins absence

Reply #663133 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Not sure what part of Cooke being an import people don't understand? Yes, given the opportunity, there's a couple of guys on the bench you'd want to swap, but for whom?
For prospective bench players, you've got a handful of aussies bumming around the bush leagues of the world, or maybe you go for a young guy ex-college.
As for looking for another starting centre, thats certainly one good option, but finding an Aussie will be tough. You'd be looking at Motum or picking up a young turk ex-college.

Reply #663139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Not sure what part of Cooke being an import people don't understand? "

Just because there are more imports to choose from, doesn't mean you just willy nilly swap your roster around mid-season. The only way you'd do it is if you had a surefire gun (like a Cotton type) but I don't think the Cats would necessarily be playing in that space with their 3rd import spot, when the first two are already MVP-type players.

So let's say we're looking at "average" player replacements. Is it worth taking the risk? The replacement might not be as good, or may need time to adjust that the team doesn't have. It is not a simple move. Cooke has not been playing that badly for the role that he is in. The main error is thinking that every import must be a superstar. This is simply not the case nor is it feasible from a financial perspective.

Reply #663149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cats will have had the feelers out for the entire season for a superior replacement. The longer the search goes, the better that replacement needs to be to justify bringing them in. Time has to be running out by now I think. Which is good for the competition because the Wildcats aren't winning a title with their current front court and the competition really needs a new champ. The only downside is if NZ wins it because they're the other team that the NBL would not want winning it.

Reply #663153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth do end up making an import change ( unlikely) so what.
There is nothing to stop other teams doing the same

Reply #663175 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Willy Nilly"?
Point is simple.
(Assuming in both cases the team wanted to)
Swapping out an under-performing local player (as some have suggested should be the priority) is problematic in a number of ways. There's just not that many floating around. Steindl was around, but that hasn't really paid off yet.
Imports are by their nature hired guns. Particularly those on the fringes of the European comps are accustomed to short-term gigs. The idea of coming in for the last 3rd of a season to help a team win a championship is not a big deal.

You've got to keep in mind, that when the points system was abolished and the new floppy cap introduced. A lot of teams went down the path of chasing top-end Aussie talent, with the intention of using imports as role-players and/or keeping an import slot in reserve.
Marvin's doctrine, which is still in effect, was that it was cheaper and more viable to buy quality imports. The Wildcats actually lost their local Marquee in Jawai and replaced him with an import.

Anons above are correct in that the quality of any new import needs to justify the disruption.

Reply #663373 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Wildcats fast running out of time if they are going to make an import change.
Melbourne and NZ look better with recent import additions

Reply #664548 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Doubt it's going to happen, but I've seen no reason to retract anything I said about him.

Reply #665845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Troy Georgiu needs to stop sitting on his hands. A legacy is at stake here. Our era is ending soon but can still be sustained for now with a change.

Reply #665847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No need we know you are obsessed.

Reply #665876 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How odd Koberulz would have this sort of knee jerk reaction, the type he gets on other about ALL the time. I saw today he was having a twitter laugh at the 36ers fans wanting Shorter gone after one game. Yet here he is doing the same... after one game FFS
And here we are at the other end of the season, and it looks like I was right on both counts.

Just gonna wait for Koberulz to rebut this thread like he does every single other one with the ol copy paste syndrome. Or is he going to just go into hiding?
I'm still here, where are you?

Reply #675569 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

You were actually right Koberulz.

Reply #675571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I told you all. Gleeson plus Troy G = Cooke Jr. The root of the problems. and Knight retiring provoked no response which was their moment. Pathetic.

Reply #675589 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm not sure you can blame Georgiu. I doubt they'd have moved Johnson last year were it not for the failed drug test. Whether it's Gleeson or a result of the import merry-go-round of last season, I'm not sure Marvin would have handled it any differently.

Reply #675592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, actually Troy G is just a place holder, really should look at the ownership for blame. Marvin bailed when the money got reduced. Plus Gleeson's "man management" also finally took too much of a toll on players, I'm shocked it took too long.

Reply #675594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

took so long.*

Reply #675595 | Report this post

Nick M  
Years ago

Lookin' like straight bozos
I saw it comin', that's why I went solo

Reply #675618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure why this thread is being bumped after last night. I thought Cooke was one of the few players who showed the required intensity. 4 steals in his limited minutes is a good sign. A play that sticks in my mind is when he busted his ass to run back and break up an Adelaide fast break, then ran hard the other way (only for Kenny to try and pass to him at the wrong time).

For matchup purposes, I would consider starting Cooke and then bringing Brandt on when Adelaide makes their rotation of Hodgson in. Cooke is more suited to the fast paced, athletic style of Adelaide.

Reply #675653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was trying unlike some yet got limited minutes. Gleeson logic!

Reply #675667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Marvin bailed when the money got reduced."

Um no.

Reply #675672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um yes.

Reply #675674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, that is completely false. Stop making stuff.

Reply #675685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""Marvin bailed when the money got reduced.""

What does "money got reduced" refer to? His personal salary or team budget?

Reply #675701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overall budget. Saving money now, look at how they didn't replace Marvin himself properly.

Reply #675748 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754