Chewie
Years ago

Dante - may miss season

Separated shoulder and ligament damage. ESPN reporting he may miss the season.
The only positive is that it's his left shoulder and not his right. Feel bad for the kid. He has looked really good in summer league and again in pre season. Had been beating people off the dribble effortlessly and not just sitting in the corner as the 3 option.
Unsure if it happened with the player landing on him or when he hit the floor but it appeared to be when the contact occurred.
There is some YouTube footage of it.
Hope he recovers quickly.

Topic #41902 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, terrible news for Dante. He has so much potential with his ability to beat people off the dribble, his court vision and his length. This is the final year of his rookie contract and he really needed to have a great season to establish himself in the Jazz rotation. Now he is on the outer and is in danger of becoming an afterthought in the Jazz's plans. I really hope he is able to bounce back and that this injury doesn't wreck his NBA career.

Reply #649359 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Maybe a season in the NBL, dominating the league in 2018/19 will awaken renewed interest from NBA teams. Very best of luck to him, he's had a pretty shitty start to his pro career.

Reply #649365 | Report this post

Roofman  
Years ago

This has got scant coverage so far, but how incredibly reckless was Warren on that play? It was an injury waiting to happen. I thought the commish was trying to eliminate these kind of circumstances? I can imagine the outcry if someone like Westbrook got taken out like this.

Reply #649371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussies and Injury's...

Lookin like.euroleague for Dante.

Reply #649390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chewie are you related to Wookiee?

Reply #649519 | Report this post

Rabbit41  
Years ago

"Lookin like.euroleague for Dante."

EuroLeague teams won't sign a guy with injury issues.

Reply #649542 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If Anthony Bennett still gets contracts, I'd say Exum's age and potential will still earn him an NBA deal post-injury, although it might be of the minimum salary variety.

TBH, wouldn't do him much harm at all signing somewhere like Australia if he could string together an All-NBL type season while staying healthy, but he strikes me as the kind of player who could play 30 MPG in the NBA or NBL and put up similar scoring numbers in each - just not an aggressive scorer.

Reply #649552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warren should be charged with dangerous play, Excum had already put the shot up, Warren just did an "up there Cazaly" on him

Reply #649572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754