Pennywise
Years ago

36ers looking good!

Not tooting the 36ers horn anymore than I should but wowee I like this team so far.

yes Cairns lack a star player and don't match up well with us, but hey that was a fun game. The 36ers certainly boast the most depth and I know he has been hacked a lot this week but Shorter looks like a very good fit for this year - give the bloke a shot, he's giving us what we need at the moment. Wiggins won't be huge but will add to our serious arsenal of bigs that can shoot. I reckon the team has come together good. Loving the look of Sobey and Creek Starting.

Worried though as this could be the only year we get to keep Creek and DJ as they look very likely to get offers in Europe Next year.

how are things looking for your teams?

Topic #41933 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

toot toot :P

Do people who say "wowee" not realise how incredibly lame it is?

Reply #650162 | Report this post

Pennywise  
Years ago

they do, doesn't mean they won't say it WOWEE

Reply #650164 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Surely Brian Taylor is the OP??

Reply #650166 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not sure about Johnson getting big offers from Europe, he is not well suited to that game. Creek could, but does he have a Euro passport?

If he doesn't I'm not sure how many clubs with coin would be looking for a role-playing import like him, albeit an outstanding one. Creek could be an outside shot in the US though with his ability to defend athletes.

Reply #650170 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sobey is one who could certainly attract a lot of interest over there if he keeps improving the way he is, and Drmic can play as a local so could always get a gig if he wanted.

Reply #650171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Creek could, but does he have a Euro passport?"

No, but he can just ask someone on Facebook if he can borrow theirs.

Reply #650173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek already has Euro offers. This is a contract year for Creek.

Reply #650357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source re: Euro offers?

Reply #650364 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Creek already has Euro offers. This is a contract year for Creek."

Haha! He will get offers, I'm sure he's had them previously, but if he has that passport they're likely to be a lot bigger. As an import though, how big are the clubs chasing him? It's possible the 36ers could compete with those offers.

Reply #650369 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Why are they getting another import big? They look best when Creek is in the 4 as it suits their tempo, Hodgson is also better off the bench, imagine the lineup:

Dj/Hodgson
Creek/Deng
Shorter/Moore
Sobey/Drimic
Import/Teys

Reply #650377 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Embrace small ball!

Reply #650378 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Creek has had offers to go to Europe since he was 18.

Reply #650383 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Creek said after SL with Utah that he would likely come back for one final year with the Sixers and then go to Europe next season.

Reply #650401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754