https://streamable.com/j4yf3

Terrible, just terrible.

Topic #41968 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

ah man, that hurts just watching that.

Reply #651271 | Report this post

Years ago

nasty - pretty tough to take that pain as well, hope all goes well in his recovery.

Reply #651272 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Apparently just a fracture and obviously a bad dislocation. Might look worse than what is, hopefully.

Reply #651277 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

The word "fracture" can be misleading though. PG and Livingston suffered fractures and their bone was though the skin.

Reply #651279 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Compound fractures are the nasty, "bone-through-skin" fractures. This wasn't one of those and they were apparently able to set the bone when he was on the court. Still, I'd imagine all the season is out but he should be back 100%.

Reply #651280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Irrespective of a break or fracture, good chance there is significant ligament damage in there as well. If he isn't out the entire season, it's guaranteed to be considerable time at the very least.

Reply #651281 | Report this post

Years ago

^

Reply #651290 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

That injury is horrible. But surely isnt a season ending one. I reckon he will play 15 to 20 games and playoffs

Reply #651307 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Baller, he's done for the season. Ain't no coming back from that in a hurry. I believe I said I was a doctor in a previous thread

Reply #651317 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Also, that kind of fall shouldn't have broken his leg. Tightly taped ankles prevent the ankle turning, but they also don't let the ankle absorb the blow of landing like Hayward did. If I were to guess, I'd say his ankles were taped and the break, aka point of most resistance, occurred where the tape either stopped or loosened.

Reply #651318 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

It was a crazy sight moreso as the players were praying and crying on court, the commentators didn't speak for about 2 minutes and the atmosphere inside the arena was utter shock... I won't remember the reaction to the injury in a hurry...

Good luck to Hayward and may his career not end like Brandon Roy with crippling injuries

Reply #651375 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

He'll come back fine, Roy had a degenerative problem, Hayward has a good record with injuries, much like Paul George.

Reply #651377 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Shocking, hope he recovers well.

Reply #651379 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Terrible injury really hope he recovers and can get back on the court.

For those of us that backed the Cav's to win the east and then loaded more on once the injury occurred its a silver lining to an otherwise horrible injury.

Reply #651381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754