Aussie
Years ago

Breakers v Kings Thursday 19th October

New Zealand Breakers v Sydney Kings

Where: Spark Arena New Zealand

When: Thursday 19/10. 5:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

Tickets and Membership: nbl.com.au

Television: Live on Foxtel, FOX Sports 503 (FREE 2 week trial, hook up within minutes) www.foxtel.com.au

Streaming: nbl.tv

My thoughts: I think this will be another close one but I'm tipping the Kings. Is Kendle playing?

Topic #41978 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geesus Sydney are a giant rabble

Reply #651459 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Any chance of a pro-rated refund on my $530 season ticket?

If I were Gaze I would sub in the bench and play Garlepp the rest of the way, just to prove a point to the rest of them. Long season ahead.

Reply #651460 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Cadee is so crap. Sosa has destroyed him and cadee has barely scored. I'm sure he will hit a few threes when the game is over. Kings look lost without lisch and even with him they struggled

Reply #651461 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Cadee is so crap. Sosa has destroyed him and cadee has barely scored. I'm sure he will hit a few threes when the game is over. Kings look lost without lisch and even with him they struggled

Reply #651462 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How did dane pineau make the nbl?

Reply #651463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been critical of JVG and he's got a lot to answer for but why Gaze play Cadee and Thoseby together, it was like a turn style, with two import guards on the bench, lol.

Reply #651464 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings defense against dribble penetration is basically a layup drill. Awful. And if by some miracle we do force a miss, we give up the offensive rebound.

Reply #651465 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ 651464: floor spacing obviously! ....

Meanwhile, the lead blows out and we bring in Singh...

Reply #651466 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

24 pts Breakers lead at the half, absolutely murdered on the boards, matador defense. Note to Drewey... you want to stop f%$@ing penetration? Next time get an import shotblocker.

Kendle hasn't helped too much in stopping penetration or running half-court sets so far. They are not a giant rabble, they are a giant clustertruck rabble /rolleyes.

Reply #651467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze has to go. Way out of his depth. This is the last thing this club needed. What a frigging disaster.

Reply #651468 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Incredible and what makes it more extraordinary I haven't put money on the Kings.

It is alright Casey you don't have to make excuses regarding travel. The Kings would be doing the same if they only had to walk across the road for each game.

Reply #651471 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This is getting really ugly for the Kings.

Reply #651472 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

30 points down already.

Reply #651473 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

People love to say 'Sosa'

Reply #651474 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

This is bad...

Reply #651475 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Props to Henare for showing everyone how to kill smallball tactics on both ends of the floor. Vukona and Pledger are having a field day. I feel really sorry for Vinnie.

Reply #651476 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Not a sarcastic question; how many refunds will be requested tomorrow on season tickets? The lack of people returning this season around me suggests they already lost a lot in the off season.

Reply #651477 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I think the Kings will bring back Ben Allen for improved interior defence and shotblocking.

Reply #651478 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Ellis is class!

Reply #651479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 games on Sunday :O

Reply #651480 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Imagine how good Ellis would be with a competent coach and not needing to play the 5 spot.

Reply #651481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes being a great player does not make you a great coach.
Time for someone to let it go, be an assistant maybe or specialty coach, perhaps shooting ! And let the club move on. Drastic action needed but does anyone have the guts. Someone should just step down and say it's not working and gain respect and preserve their dignity.

Reply #651482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And not a Garlep fan but why is he not getting minutes

Reply #651483 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gaze is only half the issue, unfortunately.

Reply #651484 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Daly with the best rebound the Kings have had all game.

Reply #651485 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The Kings starting five have the same number of rebounds combined as Mika Vukona.

Reply #651486 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Garlepp has scored the same as Cadee and Blanchfield.

Can't wait to see what Melbourne and Perth will do to Sydney

Reply #651487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a game where the Breakers smash the opposition, Abercrombie still manages to make no contribution whatsoever. Thirty years old and still as inconsistent as ever.

Reply #651488 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Season is early, but give me a legitimate reason why Blanchfield is ahead on the depth chart over Tommy? He's been shocking so far.

Reply #651489 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well, there you go. Our two best locals are Daly and Singh.

Reply #651490 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Well if there's any positive to this game, it lets you see which among your bench scrubs can shoulder more responsibility AngusH.

Well it may be a negative too come to think of it... if Daly looks like he can contribute, you'd have to ask why Kendle?

Reply #651493 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@Chris, Blanchfield plays poorly in this game because he is playing out of position. Henare has prepared Vukona well on how to exploit the mismatch.

IMHO as the season progress and team scouting more detailed, I can't see how Gaze can get away with playing extended amount of smallball with the same lineup. Blanchfield and Ellis will struggle even more as teams look to exploit the inherent mismatches.

Pledger shot 9/11 for 19 pts in 21 mins and Vukona shot 5/9 for 10 pts in 20 mins to go with 12 rebounds (4 offensive). These guys will look forward to playing Sydney if this keeps up.

Reply #651494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendall was not much, Daly looked alright, they got Jurlina as a DP that can play guard as well and can defend, looked good preseason. Give the young guys chance. If they need guidance in the coaching get gordie to work with Kendall, let Gaze be the PR man.

Reply #651496 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Tonight felt like many games out at the State Sports Centre 2 seasons ago. At least then we had Childress to watch and enjoy.

Reply #651497 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Cadee really stinking up the joint AGAIN. 2 points in 23 minutes. 2 turnovers. 0 defence. I gave the kings a heads up on this clowns game 2 years ago but they didn't listen.

Blanchfield has also been sewerage.

Reply #651502 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Mock, that is unfair.

Sewerage can be recycled, Blanchfield cannot.

Reply #651506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao

Reply #651507 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Bloody hilarious^

Reply #651508 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Where can you get the post match interviews from?

Reply #651521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I was a kings I would go and get Brendan Joyce straightaway. He will make these stuck up players place some defence and play with energy and guts. That will get them enough wins. They are disgraceful

Reply #651523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brendan Joyce. No.
"Give the young guys chance" Why? The season can't be that bad can it surely? Oh yes wait. Please, please please someone sack Gaze JVG, LC and Kendall. All clueless. Lister equally clueless if true. If he wants to send the Kings to the cellar under his watch then so be it. It's his money. But people won't turn up to games.
It also shows you how bad the Hawks are if they lost to a woeful Kings team. It's really a 4-5 team comp now.
Gaze can't even get a gig in the seabl now. Perhaps he needs to focus his coaching skills on the Kings ;)
When will anyone realise that the Bruins connection with Caddee is long gone? 2 pts.
Outrebounded by 20!Not 1 player in double figures for rbs. Sad, sad,sad times.

Reply #651531 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Gordie ....that is all.

Reply #651533 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

... and to think people were picking the Crumbles to be top 4, before the season started.

LMFAO!!!

Reply #651538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I was a kings I would go and get Brendan Joyce straightaway.

No thanks, Brendan. Or is that you Shane?

Gordie is a good suggestion in contrast.

Reply #651544 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Speechless... Absolutely speechless... Putrid effort and I can't go over for the hundredth time what is wrong with this team, but the list keeps getting longer...

After watching that press conference clip, Gaze has seriously lost the team and needs to step down...

Throw money at Shawn Dennis to get him back from Japan (although from what little I know of Shawn, I think he'd stick to his commitments, but you never know), or get SOMEONE in that can command the respect of the team and get them back on track...

Reply #651564 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Its sad that the Kings - even with a strong ownership behind them now - are so poor on court. Year in year out its the same. I feel for their long suffering fans.

Whats more sad is what could have been if they were good. They could be regularly drawing 10-11000 at their home games by now and be a legitimately good team to watch for fans and rivals.

They do eveything else well, except win games. Ok they have injuries and its still early, but the signs are there, and we all know they arent Perth, who would do a lot more to turn around a bad start.

Kings dont seem to care about winning games as much as they do about marketing - which i guess is good that they are at least doing that.

Reply #651567 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754