paul
Years ago

Kevin Lisch appreciation thread

He hasn't played that well in Sydney (hard when you're not being used well), but what a difference in the two games he's been injured, the team has completely fallen apart in the most staggering way.

Topic #42000 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

To be fair, we were pretty bad with him, as well.

Reply #652093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS we need an appreciation thread for a has been now. Well passed his use buy date and no one can see it.

Reply #652098 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Sixers pumped the Kings with Lisch and pumped them harder without him

The difference between 36ers and United's 2 games was Shorter

Take out a starter and your team gets worse, who knew

Reply #652146 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Kings were up 3 with eight minutes to play last time against Adelaide. Tonight at the same point they were down 36!

They also beat Illawarra, lost to NZ by 2 and were ok against Utah. If you can't see the difference from the first few games to the last two, may I suggest you're not really watching?

Reply #652169 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Your point is the Kings aren't as good without Lisch

My point is that is some serious detective work by you

Kings are rubbish, Gaze has admitted they don’t listen to him. Humphries is a project and not a starter. Ellis is decent, Blanchfid is MIA, Newley is solid, Cadee streaky

They use of Garlepp will even be playing on the psyche of the team. You can’t do that to someone and not think it will impact the team

Reply #652174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paolo back to the pack. Stupid topic.

Reply #652177 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Lisch's value to the Kings is far greater than his individual production. Pretty sure that's all Paul is saying. Lisch has gone downhill since coming to the Kings and it was inevitable because he has been made to run an offence, which is not his go. But his impact and work ethic are showing in this two-game sample. It's a pretty stark difference in the effort stakes in the two full games since Kev went down. That no one can deny

Reply #652179 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Well paul, you can use this observation to argue that he is a point guard after all. The primary responsibility of a PG is directing/reminding the others on offense and defense yes?

Reply #652189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's also frightening that one player can have such a significant impact. Shows that is a club with zero leadership on and off the floor. And you can see it. There's no one there in that playing group prepared to make a stand, no one prepared to put their body on the line. This 'good blokes' line is rubbish. That's one of the softest teams I've ever seen. Whenever they get smacked in the mouth, they don't fight back. They just turn around and take their reaming. It's a club in crisis.

Reply #652201 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Steve, I don't think anyone can dispute he can play PG, he played the position in France and Spain, and has filled in at Perth and Illawarra.

But I think his lesser production since having to do it more in Sydney suggests SG is his best position, wouldn't you agree?

I think the thing Sydney are really missing without him is defence and toughness. When it's got tough without him they have folded.

Reply #652203 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I think you were recently at the frontline arguing against a few people here on Lisch playing out of position paul. Personally, I think he may have better offensive production if exclusively assigned as an SG, but I can't be sure as there were numerous times he was playing that position while Cadee took over the point role.

He didn't seem to have boosted offensive performance on those instances. I'm more inclined to think that the coaching staff failed to design enough half-court sets to exploit his SG strengths and you can see that with Leslie so far as well.

Reply #652224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the Kings main problem (according to Gaze) wsa the defence. It doesn't look like they have any interest in playing it or listening to Gaze's instructions. I'm not sure you can put that all down to Lisch's absence.

Reply #652359 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:42 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754