Years ago

Our Adelaide gameday experience was fantastic

Just want to say - we attended the Adelaide double header Saturday.

A couple of first time fans also headed along in our group.

Everyone really enjoyed the event - we watched the womens game then the men. Music was good ( although no sandstorm )games were entertaining for home fans (great to hear some noise). the double header flowed nicely with a good crowd and a sprinkling of other bits n pieces. Was a solid investment for the ticket price - we will be back.

Topic #42014 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good to hear this is why teams should always try and put on a good night for the fans because you don't know who is there for the first time.

I remember Jordan said every game he played he treated it as there would be at least one person in the crowd seeing him for the first time and he wanted to impress them.

Reply #652616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why the hate for Sandstorm?

Reply #652619 | Report this post

Years ago

no sandstorm hate - think you misread it - "music was good (although no sandstorm)'.= would have enjoyed sandstorm.

No zombie nation as well - would have been good little 30 secs of each.

Reply #652646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ohhh I did misread it and you are exactly right. The NBL clubs for some reason are allergic to obvious tracks like Sandstorm and Zombie Nation which is quite perplexing and sad.

Reply #652671 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

OP - Get along on the 11th and I'll make sure there is some Sandstorm for ya!

Reply #652750 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

As long as it's played at a reasonable volume and where it FITS, not over the top of the game so it's a distraction/block on the crowd.

A big step forward [= less over-powering noise] from where it was a couple of seasons ago admittedly, but it was sneaking up here at times Saturday.

Seems to go fairly well until the focus becomes the music and not the game. If I had to find an explanation I'd say the 'driver' actually forgets the music is running at times, or else decides it is 'too good' to stop, despite what is happening on court.

Well-managed music can add to the experience - it's a great gap-filler - but its the game people come to see and the on-court action that stimulates the crowd.

Reply #652787 | Report this post

Years ago

thanks Skip - we will be there on the 11th.

And poster above - agreed the music needs to complement the game atmosphere.

Reply #652854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great skip thanks for taking requests!

Reply #652855 | Report this post

Gameday Experience has evolved fantastically well since the dead wood was removed and Big Joe came in and shook things up. Well done to everyone involved in game night.

Reply #653014 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754