Luuuc
Years ago

Wildcats vs Hawks, Oct 26

Wildcats big man Matt Knight passes head knock test, cleared to face Illawarra

Topic #42019 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cleared to face" sounds dangerous for him!

Reply #652764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha yeah nice choice of words

Reply #652765 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Hawks found some form and might make things closer than last time.

But, refs will no doubt ping them with a bunch of unwarranted foul calls, meanwhile allowing the Cats to get away with some rough play at the other end.

Hawks ultimately won't be able to overcome the challenge of quality opposition combined with the typical home cooking.

Cats by 6.

Reply #652793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV: The master of Confirmation Bias.

Reply #652795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A pre-game whinge about the refs?

Reply #652796 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Statement gaming incoming from the Cats.

After not showing up to their game in Cairns, expect to see a fired up Wildcats team.

Relentless D will get the cats mojo back.

Cooke Jr to bully AJ.

Reply #652804 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

FWIW, in 2016-17 regular NBL season, Perth averaged almost exactly the same number of fouls at home as away (actually had 0.1 more fouls per game called on them at home than away). In terms of this measure of 'home cooking', they were second last in the NBL. On the same measure, Adelaide were first (3.4 fewer fouls per game at home than away).

Perth were:
- first on this measure in 2015-16 (2.6 fewer fouls per game at home than away)
- second in 2014-15 (1.9 fewer at home than away)
- fifth in 2013-14 (1.6 fewer at home than away)
- first in 2012-13 (5.1 fewer at home than away)

These results are based on the NBL player stats and so any fouls not attributed to a player would be excluded. That should have immaterial impact on the results.

Reply #652807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, LV is resorting to pre-gaming now. He has devolved further.

Reply #652808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PeterJohn nice stats. Awaiting LV's comments on them. :)

Reply #652809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV crawling into his shell as we type

Reply #652820 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The stats show that from 2012-13 to 2015-16, Perth were the the team who received the most home cooking over the 4 year period.

That's exactly what I would've predicted.

2016-17 seems to have reversed this, but we're yet to see if this a sign of improved reffing, or simply an aberration, with things soon to return to the long term trend where the refs give the Cats loads of help.

Based on last Friday it looks like the latter.

Reply #652837 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #652839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, ur mum is an aberration.

Reply #652840 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

So you're ok with the way the game was called in cairns lv? No ft to cats in a half and even boti a known vatvhater thought the fracas was called incorrectly.

I love ref bashing, but get over it

Reply #652867 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I didn't watch the game, so I have no comment.

But Cairns won by 21 points, so it'd be fairly hard to argue that the reffing changed the outcome.

On the other hand, Perth beat United by 5 points.

Reply #652872 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm no fan of ref bashing either.

But sometimes the reffing is so bad that it's completely unacceptable.

Like when the Boomers got robbed in Rio (unlike Ryan Lochte).

Or the West Coast vs North prelim in 2015.

Or, most of the Perth Wildcats home games I've watched through the years....

Reply #652874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats will be wearing pink jerseys for cancer awareness due to Gleeson's wife being diagnosed with it for the second time.

Reply #652986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth by 26

Reply #652995 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"The Dribble" Podcast
(Chris Robinson of PerthNow, and Greg Hire)

Reply #653129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'I'm no fan of ref bashing either...but'

As they say in the classics - anything said before the word 'but' in a sentence is normally a lie.

Reply #653349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the retard anonymous retards making comments about LV. The kids must be on holidays again.

Reply #653372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the retarded anonymous who loves the retard anonymous retards making comments about LV. The kids must be on holidays again.

Reply #653374 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Sorry I just fell asleep a couple words into the Redhage half-time cross.

Did he say anything special?

Reply #653399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably something about being pussy whipped by his wife.

Reply #653404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks not even close to a top 4 team pathetic.

Reply #653408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks about to have the same record as the kings

Reply #653409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got damn Jesse is a baller

Reply #653410 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Some nice aggressive plays from Norton so far. Hawks need more of that.

Reply #653411 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I reckon the travel plays a big part in Perth home games. The visiting team doesn't play with as much energy. Yes, Perth plays with more intent, but I reckon it goes the other way too. More than people probably think

Reply #653412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks need to embrace effective motivation.

Effective motivation is not a one off talk by a high powered speaker.

It is not the promise of a present or gift or bag of money.

It is not a single temporary burst of emotion.

Effective Motivation is a lifestyle. Motivated people live a lifestyle where they are motivated to achieve excellence in everything they do. Every task, every activity, every challenge is an opportunity to set a goal, to try something new and to achieve.

Reply #653413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokoto is looking beastly

Reply #653414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Hawks bench is the issue Forman, White, Coenrad and Martin offer sfa and Ellis isn't even used anymore.

Reply #653415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo looks like a total dill.

Reply #653416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra are simply missing too many shots.

The perth blokes are making a lot of shots on the other hand

Reply #653417 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

AJ about to check in to help Perth push the lead out a little more before halftime.

Reply #653418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many athletes suffer from "nerves" - being anxious and nervous on the day of competition.

This is because 90% of all STRESS comes from not doing things when they were supposed to be done!

One of the great challenges coaches and athletes face is allowing training to be completed at a standard lower than their expected competition performance.

Many athletes muddle through training doing the minimum standard of effort and application only to find that their competition performances are also lack lustre.

Why? In training they have let it happen – they have allowed training to become a place where sub standard skills and poor habits become acceptable practices. Then when they go to the competition and try to make it happen (i.e. force a successful performance to occur) they find they lack the skills, fitness and abilities to produce a winning effort.

Reply #653419 | Report this post

TM  
Years ago

On court performances of the Hawks are like a less expensive version of the Kings,
erratic player decisions, unstructured offence, lack of competitiveness against pressure, poor rebounding, etc

Reply #653420 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Hawks are awful!

Reply #653421 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

But still not as bad as Ogilvy the most overrated player in NBL history

Reply #653422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really enjoying the commentary again, these three are very good together.

As homicide said nick Kay not showing much for an Australian rep. Tokoto looking a beauty, unstoppable.

Reply #653423 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

How good was that dunk by Conger, crossing over Martin and driving down the middle

Reply #653424 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I don't buy the travel argument manu

When did Hawks fly in? When United came to Perth they flew in 2 days before. 4 hr flight instead of 1-2 to other places. They're pro athletes. That's no excuse

Reply #653425 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

AJ gets beaten mentally before the game even begins. If he knows he's going up against a physical team, he shrinks. If he feels like he has a size advantage, suddenly he's all over the court and finishing strong.

Thing about the Hawks though is that they are likely to just suddenly peel off a 5 game win streak with no roster adjustments. They aren't as bad as they are looking to start the year, but they just can't have AJ and Clarke both have quiet nights.

Reply #653426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yis Cotton

Reply #653427 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Lachy Reid is just irritating as a commentator. Im really enjoying Homocides colorful take on the games and the league in general

Reply #653428 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Homicide is working well this year because the other commentators are sticking it to him. It's good fun, and the banter is spilling onto social media and between broadcasts. It's like the Marvel movie universe or something, with the continuing Fantasy basketball storylines and "top 5 PG" lists.

Reply #653429 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Officiating Cotton's jumpers is a difficult one. He jumps a fair way forward on some of them and kicks his legs forward as well. That kick is more part of the shooting motion, like Kobe used to do.

I don't think Cotton should have fouls called for him on the ones he blatantly jumps forward on

Reply #653430 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

It's not an unnatural motion, he has a right to landing space, do your scout and don't get under the shooter when u close out

Reply #653433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....

His shot is what it is. As for not calling fouls for jumping forwards? That's called drawing a foul and is a fundemantal part of the sport, must hate watching the NBA

Reply #653434 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Fair points.

The game is about using techniques to exploit opposition players, referees etc.

His jumper is just another example. However, he does kick out on occasion. Those should be offensive fouls, rather than three shots.

Reply #653435 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

LV - Hawks arrived at 4:30pm WST yesterday.

Reply #653437 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Arrived, yes. Still waiting for them to show up though.

Wish I had the spare time to splice together a clip of Ogilvy "D'oh!" moments from Perth Arena over the last 2 years or so.

Reply #653439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shut up Manu. You cant spend all day ranting about how much you hate Perth, then expect to be taken seriously when commenting on some minor infraction that only you can see.

Reply #653440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting the ref-blaming out of the way pre-match was a master-stroke

Reply #653441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the reffing was 5x more biased than even LV imagined thus the 31 point margin instead of only 6. hawks had no chance playing 5 vs 8.

Reply #653443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats just too good. Sadly the rest of the NBL are too pathetic to catch up to their superior standard and then their fans blame the refs.

Reply #653460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson still trash tho amirite

Reply #653464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's ok but nothing special. Most head coaches if they were in Perth would also win... except Gaze lol.

Reply #653467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the reffing was 5x more biased than even LV imagined thus the 31 point margin instead of only 6. hawks had no chance playing 5 vs 8.

Gleeson still trash tho amirite

ZOMG I just thought of something by combining these two 'tards' comments! Gleeson is trash but he is an evil mastermind who controls the refs like puppets, but to throw people off his scent he tanks the occasional away game up in Cairns by 30+ points.

Reply #653468 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Having all five bench players on at the same time was a bad idea, and it took him way too long to figure it out.

Derek Cooke Jr continues to be utterly useless, managing just four possessions until garbage time.

Sydney next week, should be more of the same. I'm having flashbacks to 2012.

Reply #653470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But he licks his lips when he gets into altercations with the opposition that has to count for something.

Reply #653472 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon the travel plays a big part in Perth home games. The visiting team doesn't play with as much energy. Yes, Perth plays with more intent, but I reckon it goes the other way too. More than people probably think
Doesn't Perth have to make those same flights for every road game?

Reply #653506 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yeah my point exactly. Perth drop a bunch of intensity on the road all the time.

Reply #653507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's easier flying west to east on the body clock, last nights game didn't start till just before 7pm Perth time, that's 10pm eastern day light savings time. There body clock is telling it's probably time to sleep now or shortly.
It shows how good that breakers side were as they fly west all the time, not to bad on east coast but terrible in Perth and Adelaide for night games.

Reply #653525 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

At times Perth actually arrive back in Perth after their opposition. Please do not imply living in Perth is an easier travel schedule. It makes you sound deluded.

Reply #653678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth were definitely fatigued against Cairns last week and the travel they did straight after the Friday game against Melbourne wouldn't have helped.

Reply #653679 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754