Anonymous
Years ago

Why do so many people care about the Kings?

Just looking at this week's posts, nearly every second one is about Sydney, from sacking everyone, Gaze as a coach, import selections. Yes I know it's ironic starting another topic about kings complaining on how many topics there are, but can we finally draw a line. Who really cares anymore, they're a basket case, let them either figure it out or let them get wooden spoon. Enough is enough for god's sake! There's this big myth that Sydney needs to be successful for the NBl to thrive, I call bullshit.

Topic #42037 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big city big hopes and refreshing to not hear about the wildcats for once

Reply #653217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the first big news story after a loooooong preseason. We've been starved of juice. Also Gaze is much beloved and JvG is the opposite so it's these two personalities that make it more interesting rather than the Kings which are a shell of a club.

Reply #653218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you don't want to read about them, ignore the threads. People are just excited to have something troubled to discuss.

Reply #653223 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Same reason why everyone stares at a car crash...

Same reason why you're more than capable of NOT looking at them...

Reply #653227 | Report this post

NBL Lover  
Years ago

Because the Sydney Kings are a car crash (no disrespect to Cadee). All Sydney teams, no matter the sport are a joke and waste of time. Players go to the big smoke just for the money, it's a very individualistic society in Sydney where the players are in it for themselves, and the fans who watch only turn up if they are winning.

Reply #653228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im a Perth fan but at same time I want Sydney and Melbourne markets to do well. Sydney doing poorly, poor team and coach.

Reply #653230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All Sydney teams, no matter the sport are a joke and waste of time. Players go to the big smoke just for the money, it's a very individualistic society in Sydney where the players are in it for themselves, and the fans who watch only turn up if they are winning.
Zzz.

Reply #653236 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Im a Perth fan but at same time I want Sydney and Melbourne markets to do well.

Ditto. I don't want to see any team fail because it's bad for the league.

Pretty silly coming to a basketball forum and wondering why people are talking about a newsworthy basketball topic.

Reply #653240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wayne, shut the $%$% up!

Reply #653246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney is a massive market, that's why it's good to have the Kings competitive. Andrew Gaze is a top person that's why people like him, given a decent side could make a reasonable coach, no need for hate of anyone::))

Reply #653257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be responding to a troll, but the majority of people like Andrew Gaze. He's a great, easy-going, personable type. Hopefully he pulls through as coach but otherwise he can return to commentary any day.

Reply #653259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a longtime 6ers fan. Hated playing against Gaze but always liked him. He's our greatest ever player and a legend. I take not satisfactuon from his coaching struggles. Pretty sad and petty individuals that would.

Reply #653261 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

^^^ Ditto

I always hated gaze when he was playing because he used to carve us up every time. But he is an icon of the game and a lovable larrakin and i hope he can succeed as a coach.

Reply #653266 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Wayne. You can get meds for bipolar disorder.

Reply #653279 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bias often gets the better of him, and has said some dumb things at times, with his "fold the league" thing at the upper end of the list, but to me he's still a legend with his heart in the right place so I'm hoping he pulls through ok too.

Mind you, failing at your first attempt at head coaching isn't necessarily a sign that you have no future in it. There's a lot that goes into being successful at it, and virtually starting off at NBL level is a big ask.

Reply #653281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats fans still get criticised for booing Gaze in 1993. That's how much people love the guy despite not being Tigers supporters.

Reply #653285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Perth fans who cares.

Reply #653289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, we don't. The fans of every other team still criticise us for booing Gaze Jr. & Sr. for winning the title at our stadium in 1993. That's how much the public love Gaze.

Reply #653290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754