SteveK2
Years ago

Jameel McKay approached Kings

Currently signed by Al Mouttahed Tripoli but has an outclause. He's keen to return to the NBL, that much is apparent from his tweets.

He would be a very good fit but his current club may drag their feet issuing clearance. Interestingly, his agent is also Mike Dunigan's... just saying...

Topic #42049 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they'd be better off going for someone known/reliable like this rather than entertain ideas about "NBA players" like that basketball.com.au article the other day. Anthony Bennett is the last sort they should gamble on, Roy Hibbert not far behind, surely?!

Reply #653580 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Correct, the available NBA bigs are pretty lacklustre right now. China and Europe have snapped most of the decent ones. Jordan Hill maybe? Even he is a shadow of his Lakers days.

Reply #653583 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

DUNIGAN!

Reply #653584 | Report this post

NandosRulz  
Years ago

YES!

Reply #653586 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

IMO this roster would be respectable

Import point guard ( get rid of Kendle)
Newley
Blanchfield
Perry Ellis
McKay

Cadee
Lisch
Thoseby
Garlepp
Singh
Humphries

While Lisch is injured promote Daly.

Reply #653590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Tripoli is not exactly a dream location but I never imagined it could be bad enough for the Sydney Kings to seem like a better option!

Reply #653594 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

At the beginning of the season they must've known Maric and/or Khazzouh were no chance. Did they simply plan on putting a 6ft 7 import at centre and hoping to get wins until now when better big guys might become available?

I know the sport has changed from the traditional 1-5 lineup but surely their plans were extremely flawed with Humphries and Singh being given the job at Centre and hoping a lineup with no genuine PGs would win them games. Now they have their best guard injured n looking at another swingman. #poorkings

Reply #653596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JvG was watching some NBA one day featuring the Golden State Warriors. Then he thought he could assemble a small ball lineup and play the same style with his superior basketball knowledge. Because after all, he won a ring with the Bullet$$$ that one time. The guy is so delusional that it's comedic.

Reply #653603 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

McKay would have been a decent choice at the START of the season, when he was already available, but after the big promises of a near NBA level big (the reason why they were waiting this long afterall!) it would be underwhelming and just reinforce the fact that JvG is full of shit...

The chances of getting a player that he was promising (or at least aiming for) would be so slim that it not only borders on negligence, but well and truly crosses the line...

Reply #653610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No NBL side is going to pick up McKay. He reeks of desperation.

What he is doing is equivalent to a guy begging a girl for a root. Good luck with that.

Reply #653614 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Luckily for him the Sydney Kings are the equivalent of an insecure drunk girl rebounding from a bad relationship and the bar is closing in 15 minutes.

Reply #653615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad for McKay that JvG is an overbearing father who isn't going to let that happen.

Reply #653618 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Dear JvG,

If you are trying to formulate your own small ball 'line up of death', please try to ensure the death part happens on the other team.

Cheers.

Reply #653638 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Haha Luuuc! Rebounding... I see what you did there...

Reply #653666 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Roy Hobert?

Reply #653709 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

I mean Hibbert

Reply #653710 | Report this post

Ray Hobart  
Years ago

Damn. You got my hopes up for a moment there.

Reply #653711 | Report this post

Roy Hobert  
Years ago

Slow down buddy he said it with an E not A.

Reply #653712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754