Isaac
Years ago

Free burger if NBL road team misses consecutive FT

NBL on Twitter:

#NBL18 just got tastier. If the away team misses two free-throws in a row the home team fans win a free @HungryJacksAU CHEESE BURGER*
* To be redeemed in store by 6pm the day after the game. Fans must show their game day ticket or membership for a free CHEESE BURGER.
Tweets here...

Presumably they will do it regardless so no one has to check situations where it's not 0/2 FT but one guy missing a second FT and another guy missing his first, etc.

Nice incentive for the crowds to make some noise.

I could see them extending this to home team scoring 100+ once they've got people used to the idea of disrupting FTs.

Topic #42079 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Josh Boone just became everyone's favourite player.

Its a guaranteed free cheeseburger, not because of the poor free throw shooting, but because:

- The average HJ counter staff wouldn't know what the NBL is.
- The average HJ counter staff wouldn't know what free throws are.
- The average HJ counter staff wouldn't know where to find box score or play by play.
- The average HJ counter staff is both illerate and innumerate.

The only thing that can defeat the free burger is that the NBL Livestats will still show the same as the 10:00 mark of the qst Quarter even though the game has finished.

Reply #654433 | Report this post

El Vee  
Years ago

What, you think the redemption will just be people walking in to HJ's to explain to the staff that they saw a guy miss two free throws the night before?

If two FT's are missed, they will do something like hand out coupons to anyone who wants one as they are exiting the stadium.

Reply #654434 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They won't, that would be absurd. Staff at HJ's locations will just be informed that on that day, a ticket can be redeemed for a burger.

Reply #654437 | Report this post

El Vee  
Years ago

Even easier!

Reply #654438 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Chances are that, because Hungry Jack's kids are the coolest in the schoolyard, all kids will pick up the scent and NBL will explode at grass roots level

Reply #654440 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm actually eating Hungry Jack's right now and boy do I love NBL

Reply #654442 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The meal tastes like shit but I still love it

Reply #654443 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They won't, that would be absurd. Staff at HJ's locations will just be informed that on that day, a ticket can be redeemed for a burger.
I'd make it even simpler and not bother having a daily indication. Show up with a ticket and they'll give you a cheeseburger. They might stamp/sign the ticket under the pretence of discouraging multiple claims but that won't work for season membership cards. Obviously banking on the fact that most people will buy something else as well.

Reply #654445 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

This is a great idea, people love free shit!

Reply #654446 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I went to a Clippers game last season and they had the same thing but for a Chick-fil-a burger. The crowd went crazy if someone missed the first free throw (pity DeAndre Jordan played for them)

Reply #654447 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'd make it even simpler and not bother having a daily indication.
So anyone could show up at any time and redeem any NBL ticket for a burger? I doubt it.

Reply #654448 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Looking forward to my 40+ store cheeseburgerfest for lunch on Saturday, followed by donning a fake nose & glasses for the early dinner repeat tour.
Don't let me down, Sydney! Boooo!!!!!!

Reply #654449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the store has a drive thru as well, you can get two burgers in one visit.

Reply #654450 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That's cheating :p

Reply #654451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/11/14/13626076/deandre-jordan-no-ice-cream-clippers-timberwolves-nba

I wonder which NBL player will pull this kind of clutch performance

Reply #654452 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

I don't know what i'd regret more, missing 2 FT's or forcing the crowd to eat HJ's sober.................

Reply #654456 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I don't think anyone up here leaves the games sober, Podge..

Reply #654458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Jawai was playing he'd purposely brick all his FTs oh no thats right he takes weight loss seriously....

Reply #654461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I rate HJ burgers a lot more than Maccas ones

Reply #654462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The burgers are better at Hungry Jack's.

Reply #654463 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

The buggers are buggered at buggery butts.

Reply #654477 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Interesting that Clippers would support Chik-Fil-A, a known homophobic company and owner, but not a racist owner.

Reply #654482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For as long as I remember they used to send vouchers in junk mail and then brought in app. It's all about upsizing meal with fries and drinks that cost next to zero as well as grabbing another burger, onion rings, frozen coke or sundae. So Hjs are actually making money off this.

Reply #654483 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

A business is making money? Surely not!

Reply #654487 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I like it . I'm hungry already.
It is the best promo I seen anybody doo.....

Reply #654501 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

CT - an excellent point sir hahaha

Reply #654502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bring back the Yumbo!

Reply #654511 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

The Yumbo was a damn ham sandwich! IT HAS NO PLACE IN A BURGER RESTAURANT - Even Hungry Jacks.

Reply #654614 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754