mystro
Years ago

Taipans Vs Breakers, Sat Nov 4

New Zealand head up Cairns after coming off a win against Adelaide on Thursday night where as the Taipans had a loss against Melbourne the same night.

NZ are 5 and 1 and sit in 2cnd place while Cairns are 5th and are 3 and 4.

The Breakers only loss so far was to the Taipans in round one and it was a pretty convincing victory so this one won't be plain sailing but NZ is on a 5 game winning streak since their last encounter.

I'm following my heart and picking NZ by 7.

Topic #42104 | Report this topic

CT  
Years ago

There's something wrong at the Taipans right now but I can't quite put my finger on what. They really don't seem to be able to execute as well as last year but on the surface that seems odd because it's basically the same team as last year plus Carrera and Scoochie. Which makes me think that the problem is probably Carrera and/or Scoochie.

Reply #655070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snakes 1.65 Kiwis 2.25

Reply #655079 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kiwis good value @ 2.25. Breakers by 10+.

Reply #655084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shot Weeksy

Reply #655201 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

The ref who called the charge on Newbill should be stood down for a month.
That is one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Reply #655205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put Hueir back in the god damn game!

Reply #655208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next four games for NZB:

PER
PER
BNE
PER

dafuq?

Reply #655240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scoochie misses the go ahead free throw with four seconds left. 70-70, two seconds left now.

Reply #655242 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

What a mistake by Smith. Dribbles the ball out of court.

Reply #655244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMGGGGG

Sosa buzzer beating three

Reply #655245 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

ffs Taipans...

Reply #655246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF

now Gliddon hits a three buzzer beater

Reply #655247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but only 0.1 on the clock, so Gliddon's buzzer beater waved away as you need 0.4 on the clock for a shot.

Reply #655248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a scene, both teams celebrating the win at the same time!

Reply #655249 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That was madness.

Reply #655250 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

How can Cairns celebrate because Sosa shot put NZ up by 3??? So Gliddon shot would only done OT.

Reply #655251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Celebrating not losing/an amazing shot/going to overtime/two amazing shots back to back/drunk...

Reply #655252 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

I swear the Cairns shot was launched before the backboard lit up.

Reply #655253 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Scoochie really screwed that up

Reply #655254 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Sosa came up big.
That game was an arm wrestle.

Reply #655255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A potential thriller to watch ruined by substandard camera work/directing and poor commentating by casey not understanding the game of basketball. He said twice cairns think they've won. Well unless a 4 pointer has been invented it would have gone to OT. Not only did we miss the full court shot that went in we missed smith when he got his own rebound from a foul shot because they cut to a shot of the crowd for some reason. Get more professional NBL.

Reply #655256 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Everybody loves to say 'Sosa' !!!

Reply #655257 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Cairns celebrating hard for getting a game into OT lol. Love to see them celebrate a win.

Reply #655258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey had a rare brain fade there.

The bad cut to replay and takimg forever to get the angle on Gliddon's shot was also disappointing.

Reply #655259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know that you need .3 of a second to take a shot that is not a tip in so the ref explained that to cairns coach. His shot went off before the buzzer but only because scoreboard people were slow to flick it but....
If the ref wants to get technical with the .3 thing what about 3 NZ players running onto the court from the bench before the buzzer went off. If you want to get technical ref you should have tech fouled NZ.

Reply #655260 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

I absolutely swear the shot went off before the backboard lights were lit. It should stand. The game should be redressed as a 5 minute mini game next time these teams play in Cairns.

Reply #655262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a game, but it can't compete with the salt mine over in the other game thread.

Reply #655263 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What a finish!!

Reply #655264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was only 0.1 seconds left Sosa'a shot. Therefore Gliddon could not get his shot off in time, regardless of backlight.

Reply #655265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

left after Sosa'a*

Reply #655266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sosa's

Reply #655267 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I absolutely swear the shot went off before the backboard lights were lit. It should stand.
That's not the rule.

Reply #655271 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hell of an end to the game (pity Foxtel stuffed it up)

Reply #655274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL's facebook post of the replay literally says:

'Cam Gliddon dropped a ridiculous three quarter court shot but it didn't count as rules state a player needs at least 0.3 seconds for a catch and shoot however there was only 0.1 on the clock'

And people are still in the comments saying how it should have counted lol

Reply #655275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and somehow the top comment currently is "If thats the rule, then the new zealand shot shouldnt count either as there was only 0.2 on the clock not 0.3
Should be overtime. Cairns Taipans got ripped off in that case"

There were 2 seconds left not 0.2 lol

Reply #655277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always has and always will be 'tards on here. I present to you exhibit A - Perth Wilburs.

Reply #655278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha @ mixing up 2s with 0.2s, some real dopes are on here.

Reply #655280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the amount of idiots commenting on the FB post saying it should count is actually ridiculous haha

Reply #655288 | Report this post

BillT  
Years ago

maybe if the Taipans could make some of their shots during the actual game it would help. most uninspiring captain in the NBL, Cameron Gliddon made 1 from 10 tonight, closely followed by Heuir, Weigh and McCarron. Team shot at 35% overall and 29% from 3 point land. Gliddon 1/7 from 3Pt range. Carrera and Laughton only reasonable shooters.
Mayberry made sure Carrera did not have to much of an impact, fouling him out ( he now knows who's the Boss).
no matter how well you defend, if you can't stick in in the hole at the other end, you won't win to many games.
Cairns real problem is we don't have a finisher, and the coaching style does not lend itself to allowing a finisher to operate in the Fearne system. Long Season ahead.

Reply #655289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish the cameraman wasn't a space cadet.

Ruined a good moment, footage could go to the US and they see that lol

Reply #655290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz knows best. Speak to the hand

Reply #655300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing shot by Gliddon. One of the huge flaws in the NBL's coverage is the inability to link the game clock to the TV graphics.

Reply #655312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah BillT Carrera was going to rip Mayberry's head off but was pulled in by teammates...

Reply #655322 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

What happened when "scooch" missed his free throw? Did he step out of bounds. There was 1.9 seconds for Breakers. Sosa caught and launched a seemingly impossible 3 from the left baseline. That had to have used up most of the 1.9 seconds??

Reply #655327 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Yes Tom, Smith stepped out of bounds but once again the camera angle didn't show that and the last 4 seconds of the game was not beautiful camerawork at all.

What happened to Steve Weigh, he looked really good before Carrera made it back, are they not able to play together?

McCarron has has a quiet few games, c'mon mate you're meant to be a star in my fantasy team

Reply #655331 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Why did the camera man pan to the crowd after scoochie missed that free throw. Absolutely terrible camera work. Game is on the line....what do the fans want to see the game or the crowd?

Reply #655334 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

How could he have stepped out of bounds...the scores were tied he should have been shooting the ball shouldn't he?

Reply #655385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scoochie shot his second free throw and missed but grabbed his own rebound near side court but stepped out of bounds, hence 0:04 went down to 0:02.

Reply #655393 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

An amazing finish, but ruined by all-round terrible tv production in the final seconds: producers showing wrong camera angles, cameras not following the ball, commentary not paying attention to the scoreline.

Reply #655524 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754