Peter
Years ago

Kings imports - any news?

Does anyone have any news on the new possible imports ?

Topic #42133 | Report this topic

Dome Rat  
Years ago

no newds - Sia seems to have some though

Reply #655995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big news to come in the next day or two. Won't be in time for the Melb game but maybe the following round.

Reply #656009 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Trimmingham

Reply #656010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunigan

Reply #656018 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Drunningham

Reply #656019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christopherson

Reply #656020 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Massingale

Reply #656038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Havrilla

Reply #656041 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Guys news in Kevin Ractzch and Isiah Victor lol, Wayne Womack

Reply #656042 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Who knows, maybe Gaze will suit up himself and chuck up some threes.

Reply #656048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Dave Colbert still playing.

Reply #656051 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

"Is Dave Colbert still playing."

Not funny. The man has passed away

Reply #656059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is that a no then?

Reply #656060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Galen Young

Reply #656062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't realize that Colbert passed away.

Reply #656089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isiah Victor was alright wasn't he?

Reply #656111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

victor wildcats great

Reply #656113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike Chappell

Reply #656114 | Report this post

Lowa  
Years ago

They signed Randle. His first game will be vs the Sixers on the 18th

Reply #656117 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

I vic was my main man too bad he's nearly 40

Reply #656121 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Patrick Sanders?

Reply #656122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly heard tonight fly in and already cleared. True? Daknow

Reply #656131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YaYa Dia.

Reply #656134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ernest Nzigamasabo

Reply #656141 | Report this post

AAA  
Years ago

can confirm randle to Sydney

Reply #656142 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Soon(tm). Break that piggy bank!

Reply #656146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My my how the plot thickens.

Joey vs Randle on the 18th :o

Reply #656147 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The delay for the high quality import big has gotten beyond a joke, but if they have instead decided to spend the cash on Randle and going with a more role playing 5, then that could be worth it...

Even hypothetically, I'm curious to see how Randle could fit on this Kings team... he obviously likes to handle the ball a lot, but still dishes it... Will Newls be ok with that? Takes the pressure off him, but also the spotlight... I wonder how many players will be ok with sacrificing for the success of the team?

With Ellis the only import worth anything, I guess we should all make sure that we don't have Travis Leslie on our fantasy teams? (not that we should after last round :( )

Reply #656149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You forgot the third import.

Reply #656152 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

The delay for the high quality import big has gotten beyond a joke, but if they have instead decided to spend the cash on Randle and going with a more role playing 5, then that could be worth it...

Well with the cat out of the bag... I wouldn't call Tyler a role-player in the NBL. I did drop hints that he was somewhat inexperienced as he skipped senior year of high school in US and brief stints in NBA except for a season with Knicks. My info mixed up Ellis with Leslie though (Tyler and Leslie played together on Santa Cruz Warriors).

He has no real euro experience except for his 7 games debut with Maccabi Haifa, with G-league and China experience not counting for much in NBL nowadays. He could turn out as inconsistent as Humphries.

As for Randle, I wasn't expecting that TBH. The getting a PG rumour was on and I thought they'd go for Dillard. Not sure which one I prefer, Randle turn them into an even more potent offensive team while Dillard would've been more balanced. Still the reigning MVP... no slouch and not cheap either...

Reply #656164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle can create off the middle pick and roll, get into the defensive seams, look to drive and dish and is deadly in mid-range - all things the Kings can use. Importantly, this is going to take a ton of pressure off Lisch when he gets back - watch his effectiveness rise significantly when he's moved off the ball and doesn't have to make every decision when he's on the floor. Teams will have to pick their poison now between he and Jerome.

Tyler is a risk based on his background, but he's talented, still relatively young and the Kings probably see it more as a low risk/high reward type deal.

Reply #656175 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Yeah, I guess I mean more less of the type of player that JvG said that they'd be wanting to get... freshly cut from the NBA or that sort of level that wasn't available at the start of the season type... However, if he CAN play that Boone type of role (not that Boone isn't a star player of course, but he plays his role VERY well) without ego and with a team-first attitude, than that would be a hundred times more value than an ex-NBA "star", I think...

Would have been happy with Dillard, but the Sydney market is tricky... I think they've made a good choice to a degree with Randle as he's immediately recognisable and is that sort of player the Kings have been needing who has that ego and arrogance with the skills to back it up that a team of nice blokes need to bring out a bit of mongrel...

I just wish that we'd picked them up from the start of the season, when both of these players were clearly available...

Reply #656177 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754