Isaac
Years ago

Kings sign import big Jeremy Tyler

208cm. Last played in China? Once drafted by the Charlotte Hornets but was largely traded around outside of D-League stints and a time starting for the Warriors and suiting for the Knicks. Played 104 NBA games all up.

So, does one of Newley, Blanchfield, Ellis or Tyler not start, or do the Kings go with Randle, Newley, Blanchfield, Ellis, Tyler?

Topic #42140 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

You would think Blanchfeild is coming of the bench?
Start Cadee and when Lisch is back start Lisch at the 2 and bench Cadee

Reply #656192 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Based on form it would have to be Blanchfield. Plenty of mins available off the bench from spots 2-4 for him to get 20ish mins still.

Reply #656196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney then daylight

Reply #656198 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

When is Lisch expected back?

Reply #656208 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Seems like a good pick up, and good option to release Leslie and keep Kendle. Hopefully things get better for the Kings from here

Reply #656211 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Wait, I clearly wasn't paying attention. Randle? Wow

Reply #656212 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sydney then daylight

This!!!

Reply #656213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Provided he gives more than 0 fucks (Josh Powell) he should be pretty good for Sydney. He has a bit of range as well out to 15 foot.

Reply #656214 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Does that mean Kendle is going? Otherwise Kings have 4 imports.

Reply #656216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well there hasn't been any increase to the imports limit, so ......

Reply #656217 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Is Singh an import? Otherwise who's the fourth?

Reply #656220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendle obviously gone.

Reply #656224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyler looks like he would be better off at Cairns with that thug Carrera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZVZxcpLT70

Reply #656362 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

A prediction for the NBL ladder that has never been made before:

Sydney then daylight!!

Reply #656384 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Seems like a good fit, but it all comes down to whether he's game fit (or close to) and his attitude... He won't be called on to be a scoring focal point, but if he can play a similar role to what Boone plays in Melbourne, that would be great...

Does anyone know what he's been doing since finishing up in the CBA in Feb? Bigs usually take a little bit longer to suss out the refs and the speed of play here, hopefully the Kings have ACTUALLY done their research on him and not just gone "he'll do..." as they can't really afford another fuckup with an import, they're already a laughing stock...

Reply #656395 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

AFAIK he's just been training and local pickups in US since Tianjin. If you've been watching his Youtube's NBA highlights, he may not be at that fitness level. He certainly was packing the calories in China and looked a tad out of shape.

The most recent info I have of him is from mid September, he was training with some NBA guys and pros after missing out on SL invite. Probably was hoping for training camp invite which didn't materialise as well. Good news was that he seemed to have shed some of the weight gained in China.

We'll find out soon enough how he looks now fitness-wise. He has the physical gifts to play as an NBA smallball big but his shooting range/consistency is not at current NBA level. Not a concern for the NBL and the Kings though, Ellis is already here for that purpose. He's here to do the traditional big man role which is what he's good at. 7'5" wingspan + 6'10" height = serious size down here.

Reply #656472 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Yeah, I took a quick look at his highlights when the announcement came through but got distracted, so I went away with an impression that he was a bit lumbering style, but then I managed to finish his top 10 plays and came away with some hope... Really love his size for the NBL especially and how he looked on D was solid too...

He's been around, but he's still only young, so hopefully he's still got that fire in his belly and that belly isn't feeling the strain of too many dumplings still... Even if he's in training shape it will still take him a bit to get back into game shape, but as long as the desire is still there and we don't get an old Powell-like attitude, I like it... Not getting my hopes up, but feeling slightly more positive for this team now...

Reply #656508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mmmm dumplings...

Reply #656535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754