AshT
Years ago

NBL/WNBL Round 6 Betting

Sydney Uni Flames

I got the early straight up price & h'cap but personally I'd be wary about taking the -7.0+ it is out to now. I'm expecting a fight from Bendigo, while Flames potentially with one eye on Saturday's game. -6.0 @ Tattsbet maybe passable, although I would leave it.

Melbourne United -1.5 @ 1.93

Will likely see another strong home effort from Cairns but team strength and some player form seems their main drawback this year. Recent home form was a couple of opponents in letdown spots, while 36ers won by 4, seemingly hard-held. I like United to be honest tonight, which should be good enough.

Topic #42146 | Report this topic

Snooch  
Years ago

Lightning +7.5 tonight. Reckon Lucas will get a response after last week and Adl can keep this at least close enough to cover the spread.

Reply #656524 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Spot on, Snooch! I did you a favour and stayed out!

NBL Sunday, Brisbane Bullets -2 @ 1.90

A strong game from Cairns Thursday, defeating a drained looking United but I expect they'll have their work cut out, most likely without Carrera and from a fired up Brisbane. Often some hesitation banking on Lemanis to send his team out motivated, as well as not blowing a cover through clock running rubbish but I'll take that risk for this one.

Reply #656659 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

WNBL tonight:

Townsville -12 @ 1.90

Quite obviously got motivated again last week, which I expect to carry through well enough here. Line has moved out since.

Perth - Canberra Over 161 @ 1.90

Rank #1 & #3. At 167ppg there's no secret about Perth but played the three grinders in their most recent games, for 155, 166 & 140NT(55ptSH). Canberra 2-7 (over) at 154ppg, met Town or Melb three of nine but still 150's in two of those for seven times in 150's all up. Two well rested teams tonight.

Reply #656686 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I'd be with you on the Brisbane game but I just can't trust the Bullets from a punting perspective. You just don't know which team will turn up.

Hard weekend on the punt I reckon with tight lines. The only one I'd look at is the Over 187.5 in the Adl/Hawks NBL but @ 1.85 just not enough value for me, so I'm sitting out everything.

Reply #656697 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Best value bet is Townsville Fire to win, at $1.05
Should be more like $1.01 :p

Reply #656703 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Thanks for the jinx, Luuuc, haha.

Sydney Uni Flames - Melbourne Boomers Under 142.5 @ 1.90

Rank #5 & #8. Whether Flames, with basically the same team as last year (tho Moffat brings defence), pick up their rating to match #1 position of last year but just averaging 149 thus far, playing an even spread of opp. Boomers (133ppg) games have been scraps all year, including 140NT with Perth and a 137 with Bend. Only two overs were 153 Bend & 155 Canb in blowout games that opened up after HT. Boomers will be hoping to shoot better than 20%FH today but it was only 121 when they met here recently.

Reply #656716 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Adelaide Lightning +5.5 @ 2.52

No need to be over carried away with Boomers win yesterday, as the market seems to be doing. Yes, they are in smart form but Sydney were caught badly comfortable with themselves yesterday. The rested Lightning on an up-focus weekend can get Melbourne today, who's test is to remain on-song backing up on a no rest travel(just one >30min). It will be interesting if Hamblin's been saved for today, after seemingly managed off that back issue and also O'Hea's minutes (26:08 y'day).

Reply #656907 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Yeah Lightning +8 5 @ $2.05 looked great value to me.

Reply #656910 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

OK, we got paid but taking a photo of Liz to the shrink's tomorrow!

Reply #656980 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Haha was feeling sick at halftime. Bit more comfortable by the end of the third!

Reply #657007 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

I was worried about going to sleep Saturday night on that Lightning line when it was +7 .. never expected it to move out to +11 by Sunday morning - someone obviously had a serious go at Melbourne

Some good games on the board for this weekend

Reply #657141 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

You're still around, Pickem?

Yeah, I hate that one when I'm afraid of what I might see in the morning but was fairly confident punters would buy heavily into the Cambage-O'Hea led team beating the champs by 23 but likewise was flabbergasted with the extent of the plunge.

A couple of good results for bookmakers after Wildcats were solidly punted too.

Reply #657160 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754