Manu Fieldel
Years ago

NBL made me a diabetic gambling addict

Since the NBL season started, I have signed up to Ladbrokes and have lost $30k. I went to my doctor earlier this week and it turns out all the Hungry Jack's I've been eating has had permanent affects on my health. I am a type 2 diabetic.

I just hope the NBL finds new sponsorship soon before I die next week.

Topic #42167 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

buy some sustainable power storage, that good deed might help you get into heaven

Reply #656811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you one of Homicide's top 5 gambling addicts though?

Reply #656814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Organic, vegan food suppliers aren't willing to offer enough dosh to sponsor this great league.

Get in your fantasy team for next week.

Please gamble responsibly and try to get your 30k back on the next game.

Quality shitpost Manu.

Reply #656815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better get some weightloss powder from Chemist Warehouse and go to La Trobe Financial to workout your financials

Reply #656816 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

If the league/Foxtel read this topic they will do something about and it. They'll demand a higher fee from the sponsers.

Reply #656818 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I think i might go a little bonkers from hearing the phone ring on that damn HJ's advert. I counted 4 runs in one break.

Reply #656826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turned $10 into $50 today and should have been more, winning

Reply #656870 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Atleast you don't have anxiety about whether your battery will last whilst watching a double header on nbl.tv

It's a silent epidemic

Great post once again Manu

Reply #656897 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Thanks for your support, guys.

I also have paranoia. I keep hearing burgerphones in the middle of the night. It's hard.

Reply #656918 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

@ Manu, I know you cop a lot of shit in other posts but even though I'm a Wildcats member I enjoy your posts, keep it up mate and hopefully Cairns can have some better luck with injuries for you

Reply #657119 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha cheers, Proud. It's pretty much solely this anonymous prick who targets me tho. First couple times I thought he had a legit gripe, but have learned he's a leech of a human being. Not worth the acknowledgement

Reply #657126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu, you openly state how much you hate the Cats but then expect to be taken seriously when you make stupid comments and predictions about them. You then have a whinge when all you're doing is trolling for a reaction.

If you can't work out what you're doing wrong, don't blame others for pointing it out.

Reply #657142 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I don't think it's a coincidence that 'ladbrokes' is pretty much 'broke lads' backwards

Reply #657179 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Well.

Speak of the devil and Ye shall see it's horns.

Reading hoops has turned me into an obsessive compulsive time zone freak.

Perhaps an addiction to timezones and geographical/ historical NBL speculation is bad for me, but not as bad as diabetes or the sort of health impacts that socio-economic issues compounded by problem gambling have been shown to cause.

Reply #657306 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, are you new to sport? It's not really that unique for a fan of one team to dislike another team... And it’s quite possible for them to have opinions regardless.

Reply #657316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, are you new to reading? Because you've just completely missed the point.

If a guy spends a great deal of time saying how much he irrationally hates something, but then wants to give an objective opinion about that same thing, why would anyone take him seriously? And then he whinges about not being taken seriously, he can't work why?

Reply #657321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus what about that one time when he threatened to bash someone. Classic.

Reply #657323 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Isaac

What about a guy who spends his time saying how he rationally loves timezones, coastal rock shelves, history of the league and geographical quirks?

Not classic. Vintage.

Reply #657335 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Based on Isaac's written expression relative to many anons’ attempts to structure and put forth a "persuasive text" in an argument, my professional opinion is that Isaac may, in fact, have considerably more experience in phonemic decoding and comprehension of a wide variety of text types than many anons.

Or would you rather a post post modern deconstructive-reconstructive textual analysis in order to subvert a straightforward text, leading to a “reading” of the text as meaning the exact opposite of its intended communicative point?

“what about that one time...”
“one” is redundant as time is used in the singular form. Read your own post without “one” and you’ll (maybe) get the idea.

Reply #657342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bashing reference is in regards to the Manu troll.

Reply #657343 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Ok.

"MAYBE" should've been in bold and capitalised.

Thank you for your further contribution in evidence for my point.

What time zone are you in?

Does each degree of longitude represent a year backwards for your zone?

Reply #657345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat

Reply #657346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks as if Camel shared his crack pipe with this deconstructive-reconstructive timezone weirdo.

Reply #657348 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

What. Not wat.

Please don't ever try to represent yourself in court. You will become your own unfriendly witness (or maybe witless).

Reply #657349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dafuq

Reply #657352 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Too perfect.

Just plead the fifth.

Reply #657360 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha, great reading. Anon needed to lay down after that.

Hey, at least my thread is gaining traction.

Reply #657366 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If a guy spends a great deal of time saying how much he irrationally hates something, but then wants to give an objective opinion about that same thing, why would anyone take him seriously? And then he whinges about not being taken seriously, he can't work why?
Because it's a sports forum. It's a bunch of absolute randoms, most using no consistent alias, rambling about a bunch of people running around with a ball. And decisions on support or opposition are generally made based on wherever you were born/live or who on another team plays a bit dirty. Everyone has a bias as soon as they support a team or player.

Reply #657374 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Isaac, you do a great service by running this forum. However something could improve...

My 2c:

Anon posters, On balance, make overall unhelpful contributions to this place more often than helpful contributions.

Ban anons and the overall quality will improve.

(Runs for cover to avoid the inevitable torrent of abuse from the anon army)

Reply #657376 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Manu

Hoops' level of awareness of time zones is the real winner here.

I’d call it longitudinal traction.

Peace be with you.

Reply #657477 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Thanks mate, that's what I'm really trying to do here you know. It's an important part of life. People always talk about 'finding themselves'. Well... Just by knowing your own longitude, you're already halfway there. People just don't seem to get that

Reply #657491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women love my longitudinal traction.

Reply #657495 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

But do they like your latitude?

Reply #657501 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Isaac

"Because it's a sports forum"

I only came for the Time Zones discussion.

Why are people writing about a sport here?

Too much latitude in the forum. More longitude please.

Reply #657502 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Where'd our resident whinging anon go?

Reply #657526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Care? Nah.

Reply #657528 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Manu

He returned to his own time zone, in a pre-literate civilisation.

Reply #657533 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Boy ain't literate.

Reply #657540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu wouldn't engage with the anon while he was speaking but waits until he hasn’t said anything for a while to come out and taunt him.

Reply #657546 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

This anon is masquerading as different people in an attempt to boost his self-worth.

Unless Isaac has somrthing to say, I'm done here. Shame because it was a good thread, had great potential.

Time to give the good folk a Torrey Craig update I think. Spoiler: he's doing really well.

Reply #657547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But you just called the anon out again. Did you want to speak to him or not? Don't hide behind Isaac.

Reply #657549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've started creating intentionally bad top 5 lists to troll everyone in my whatsapp chat groups.

Reply #657551 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LV, I'm working on a change to anonymous posting, but then I work on a lot of things at once so don't hold your breath.

At the very least, the plan is that any anonymous posters will have a forced, randomised alias that sticks with them, so people can tell them apart. Will re-evaluate after that.

Reply #657560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV the anons were calling you out and rightfully so for your woofing and whinge re: refs in Perth. Don't make your own issues an anon issue.

Reply #657565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754