Southern Joe
Years ago

Domestic basketball question.

The domestic association my youngest plays at has only recently changed its policy on players/teams bringing in their own balls for pre game warm ups.

Up until recently 2 warm up balls in each court( one for each side) were provided by the association , but were not allowing people to bring their own ball( although this doesn't happen on rep night, when each player brings in his own ball).

Now .... domestic teams can bring in TWO balls for warm ups.. & can only be brought in by a coach or team manager.

Is this an anomoly in domestic associations, or is this what you encounter?

Topic #42176 | Report this topic

Btown  
Years ago

not so much a thing when i was young but i understand why.
kids dont know how to put a ball down and leave it when watching games

Reply #656984 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

My guess is balls are walking out of the stadium.

2 balls is plenty for warm up.

Reply #657006 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

"not so much a thing when i was young but i understand why.
kids dont know how to put a ball down and leave it when watching games"

But during rep games kids can bring in their own balls. Thats up to 20 balls on one court.

"My guess is balls are walking out of the stadium.

2 balls is plenty for warm up."

Apparently thats what prompted the change (even though later evidence found it was mid week open age people stealing and not the kids.

But where my son was playing rep, their domestic association allowed anyone to bring in warm up balls.

Reply #657071 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:04 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754