SteveK2
Years ago

Carrera out 4-6 weeks

Grade 2 ankle ligament no surgery. There's an 11 day break after this round though. Cairns played quite well without him, should they consider a replacement?

Topic #42194 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

My money is on a Jerry Evans Jnr return, if he's available? I thought he showed glimpses.

Reply #657507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Derek Rucker got in to Carerra a little bit on Twitter, saying his teammates will be relieved as he has proven to be a distraction. Carerra responded by defending his upbringing or something.

Reply #657572 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

AngusH, You could be right. The Taipans will be a bit stretched for cash, though. The big difficulty is that the only other guys on the roster who might be able to fill a similar role to Carrera are Kuany, who is a 2/3 at best, or Tevin Jackson, who is more of a 3, but can play some 4.

Kuany has been deemed as being not ready, so Fearne won't play him (I don't know why he's on the full roster, as opposed to being a DP) and Jackson is on crutches.

We have Jawai, Carrera and Jackson all on crutches at the moment. I got a call from the team physio, just the other day, asking if he could borrow a spare pair.

Reply #657593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754