Manu Fieldel
Years ago

Taipans v Hawks, Nov 18

Jerry's back for the Porsche/volcano insano. And was it just me or did Fox Sports hint at a Jawai return for this one?

Will the Taipans drag Illawarra into the mud like they seem to do in that building or will the form lines ring true?

Topic #42213 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

I assumed they were talking about Carrera coming back, Jawai was meant to be out until January?

Reply #658139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Jawai is close to being ready. He's still in a moonboot.

Reply #658151 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ah. Then what 'big name' were they talking about?

Reply #658152 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I thought Carrera was 4-6 weeks haha.

Guess we'll all find out together

Reply #658153 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

What are you on about mate?

Reply #658155 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

What's your point, Thunder Jam?

Reply #658159 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha, come on Thunder Jam you cynical prick. What's up?

I'm tipping Taipans by 6 because why not

Reply #658168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone actually explain the cody ellis situation?

Reply #658214 | Report this post

A nonymous  
Years ago

It's complicated. He is not very good at basketball so his team doesn't play him much. If you can follow all of that then you're smarter than I am.

Reply #658215 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

The Cairns locals must love their dance music, game has sounded like a nightclub so far.

Reply #658217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who does fox sports have doing the scoreboard.
They count 2;s as threes, they give points to the wrong team and when the ball got hit out of bounds they just decided to give cairns 2 points and the time on the shot clock is always wrong. Who are these people?

Reply #658218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how it works. Surely there must be a button for 1, 2 and 3 points and the person must not understand the game or is drunk

Reply #658219 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Ogilvy has 5 points but stats show 1 point. Had 3 blocks against kings but got 2 on stats. Swear the oldies doing stats get him and Kay mixed up

Reply #658226 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Stats computer dropped its guts...

Reply #658231 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Pretty handy minutes by Jerry Evans Jr for Cairns.

Reply #658233 | Report this post

Billt  
Years ago

Good win by Cairns, when the shots drop they look ok, Loughton having his best season ever.
Refs did their best, especially little man Syndrome Matt,who has never forgiven Cairns for throwing empty cups at him, to keep the Hawks in the game, foul count 19 to 7, Hawks way. In fact, Cairns who was attacking the bucket for most of the last quarter,eventually got their first foul in the last minute of the quarter. Scot Butler must shake his head when he has to appoint these egotistically little men to ref nationally televised games.
The balance of the team seems better at the moment, but will be interesting to see how Mr Fearne goes when Carrera and Jawai come back.

Reply #658236 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Thunder Jam?

That looked like a fun night to be in Cairns. How bout dem boys. Illawarra cannot win up der!

Reply #658238 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Best defensive team in the league. Taipans always do this, but maybe just maybe we can make playoffs.

Reply #658239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snakes made the 1-3-1 zone look comical at times. Once Ogilvie was out the hawks had nothing. Rotnei scores 11 1st q then 1 FT for the remainder- think they figured him out ?

Reply #658242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked like a great crowd, enjoyable game, not a Cairns fan but hope they make the finals, a poorly fund side that play hard and honest.

Reply #658244 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Egwu needs a little love for his game tonight, did a great job on the defensive end.

And maybe AJ needs to work harder on getting an aisle seat next time he's up here, he's hopeless any time he has to travel more than 2 hours in any direction

Reply #658251 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cairns have had a few huge wins at home but they're still only 4-3 at home.

Reply #658255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Hawks have played more away games than that, LV

Reply #658292 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Hawks tired effort. Got in a rut and not good enough to turn it around. Cairns really shot well and would have beaten most on that performance.
Also home court was telling factor.
Lets see if they can back it up. I suspect not.
Glidden served it up to me again. Do it in 3 of the next 4 and I'll consider changing my mind.

Reply #658299 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Watching the replay and Ben, you're spot on haha. Pretty funny actually, the non-stop dance music. It is a party town!

Reply #658304 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Carfino gotta stop saying 'weary' when he's meant to be saying 'wary'

Reply #658305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754