shooter
Years ago

The new Travel Rules??????

I have watched the Video of the new travel rules being introduced and unfortunately I'm VERY old school and would not like having to teach young kids what you can and can't do when attempting a lay up. I also think its going to be very hard on young inexperienced referees.

I hope we don't end up like the NBA and allow 4 & 5 step travels and it becomes anything goes????

Topic #42231 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kids learn from watching

You'll find they'll emulate players that do the moves and it'll come naturally.

Reply #658596 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

I'm still not a fan of the fact we cut the bottoms off the peach baskets.

Reply #658597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only thing I've seen is it's benefitted the spin move layup, no more travels there. If players stick to using traditional two steps then it will never be an issue.
Funniest thing I heard in a while was at reserves game and a guy took 4-5 steps and the coach was yelling "but he only took three! " That's where it needs to be watched carefully like the earlier poster said, will three suddenly become four or five.
Favourite shaqtin a fool moment is Westbrook's travel,
https://youtu.be/8GnJ7xe-2MY

Reply #658698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754