Isaac
Years ago

NBL Player poll results

The NBL polled 74 players from the league to find out their views on who was leading the league. They picked Brisbane at the likely championship winners, and Cairns as the top dark horse.

The 36ERs mentioned in polling results are:

Maher, 2nd in Best Shooter (behind Rillie)
Rychart, equal 3rd in Best Rebounder (behind Bradtke and Burgess)
Forman, 3rd in Best Sixth Man (after D-Mac and Newley)
Farley, 2nd in Best Dunker (after Roberts)
Farley, 1st in Toughest to Guard on Perimeter
Maher, equal 1st with Smith for Best and Fairest Sportsman in the league
Smyth, 1st in Coach Other Than Your Own to Play For
Dome, equal second in Toughest Venue to Play At (after Townsville, equal with Perth)
Adelaide, equal third for Most Vocal Fans
Adelaide, 2nd after Perth in Most Knowledgable Fans

Topic #4227 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Strangest entries:

Hunter as equal third favourite for the crown and third favourite as 'dark-horse'

And team most likely to see their fortunes slide: Wollongong not in the top three (Sydney 'won')

Reply #49063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With so many players voting for Smyth as favourite coach to play for (other than their own) you would think that it would be easy to recruit some big names in the off-season.

Can't think of the last time an NBL player defected to the Sixers (though the current team seem to want to continue playing for the General).

Reply #49074 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Pfft- why don't they ask some REAL questions?

- Which NBL player is the most disliked?
- Who is the most popular with the ladies?
- Who's the best drinker in the NBL?
- Which coach WOULDN'T you like to play for?
- Who's the worst defender?
- Who's the dumbest?
- Who's the laziest?

(Wouldn't it be great if the answer to those last three questions was the one and the same guy, let's say, hmm, oh, I don't know, Anthony Stewart or someone)

Reply #49077 | Report this post

Big Fella  
Years ago

Bo Hamburger - how about a big bloke who played on the bench for the sixers and has since gone to other clubs. I reckon he fits your catigory.

anon, you beat me to it, I agree with you why have we not been able to recruit players from other clubs since smyth came on board.
prior to smyth previous coaches were able to recruit players like:

Rillie, Cat, Leon Trimmingham, just to name a few.

Reply #49080 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I should add those last two questions needed a "player" in there, ie dumbest player and laziest player (not dumbest defender and laziest defender, as it appeared to read).

BF, the player you're referring to: does he have a phallic-sounding last name and/or nickname, or am I way off?

Reply #49084 | Report this post

Big Fella  
Years ago

His first name starts with b and last name ends with e

Reply #49088 | Report this post

Big Fella  
Years ago

and no i dont bean big fella

Reply #49089 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Did he play for the breakers by any chance? :P

Reply #49094 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Smyth may be the coach everyone wants to play for but obviously money will always be the deciding factor.

Reply #49130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754