Isaac
Years ago

Funny Academy Site Launched

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Stamford Grand Basketball Academy site has been launched.

ยป adelaidebasketballacademy.com

Have a look and see what you think. There are a few players who've provided a bit of content for their individual pages, but not all.

(If you spot any problems, let me know.)

For those that aren't aware, the Academy is orchestrated by Paul Bell and coached by Steve Breheny, Kevin Brooks and Rick Castle. It serves as something of a midpoint for young players between the Central Conference of the ABA and the Adelaide 36ERS.

Topic #4230 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

On behalf of the Academy, I would like to thank you on another job well done Isaac!

Paul Bell

Reply #49081 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I think it looks good, Isaac.

The burning question is: who provided the figure for the bufftastic silhouetted dude? Could it be Paul Bell?

Reply #49086 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That may forever be a mystery...

Reply #49090 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

On my crappy screen, the silhouetted character appears black on black (i.e. no silhouette). This might be because I can only support 256 colours (damn sys admin).

Reply #49109 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

No, wait, it can't be PB - the silhouette isn't doing a drop-step.

Reply #49116 | Report this post

darren  
Years ago

will the academy achieve anything. maybe one day it will have its own team in the central conference aka sydney Sky in NSW?

Reply #49136 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Could work Darren , but could u imagen between Clubs and the Academy ... On where they would play ... Raise a kid all the way through juniors just for him to play ABA at the academy ..

Reply #49167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'd lay bets that the silouette dude is ben wallace

Reply #49281 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You would collect on those bets...

Here's what I used as the base for the shape:

Reply #49292 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

awesome work isaac very swish

Reply #49309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahhh u would wana be careful sayin u used them wouldnt ya? isnt it illegal to use another photographers work in such a way without their permission or in this case the NBAs aswell? just curious as im doing design this year for year 12 and thought it might be illegal.

(Mod: I'm pretty sure that a loose trace would be considered a safe derivative of their work.)

Reply #54973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754