Zodiac
Years ago

United vs Hawks, Dec 4

This should be a good one tonight.

Will Melbourne stop the bleeding? Will Illawarra start proving they're legit? Will LV spontaneously combust before the night is out?

Topic #42305 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell & Homicide unfortunately.

Reply #660270 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

No Conger or Ogilvy surely Melbourne will win

Reply #660272 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Zodiac

You shouldn't joke about spontaneous combustion of human beings. It does happen.

Reply #660275 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Game already on mute. I can't take anymore of Homicide and his shitting all over the broadcast. The players are what we're here for not him, his time has been and gone.

Reply #660277 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

40pts!!!!

Reply #660278 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

You're not listening to me. Actually you are, but you are not listening to what I am saying.

Reply #660279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne look shit

Reply #660280 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Melbourne will win this easily.

Reply #660281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You ca'tn half tell Tommy Greer is employed by Utd/NBL because he never criticize Mel Utd!

Reply #660282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ca'tn...

Reply #660283 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

watching Rotnei really does remind me of early 90s Shane Heal. great entertainment when he's on.

Reply #660284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, couple of imaginary calls to finish the half

Reply #660286 | Report this post

NBL Burger King  
Years ago

Tommy is from Melbourne so of course he is a fanboi and never criticize.

Reply #660287 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Did someone say WABAP

Reply #660288 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Someone did.

Reply #660289 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

So Gouding throws the ball out of bounds and Melbourne gets the ball???

Reply #660290 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Anyone else having Foxtel Play issues? Can't load any live channels.

Reply #660291 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

This game is getting ugly for Illawarra. They need to slow the game down, use the zone defence.

Reply #660293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gees, Unitedleading the rebounds 39 to 17, and leading second chance points 20 to 2

Reply #660295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Corey Ellis lost weight?

Reply #660296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tommy Greer what a knob ... career 12th man , had less minutes than most development players

Reply #660297 | Report this post

yoyo  
Years ago

tommy greer gota go. Useless

Reply #660298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Player of the match Chris Goulding , what a joke Dwayne Russell had more impact

Reply #660300 | Report this post

yoyo  
Years ago

"get loose offensively" the bloke got 14 points.

Reply #660301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crap game, both sides be lucky to make finals.

Reply #660302 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

" Crap game, both sides be lucky to make finals"
After Perth, NZ and Adelaide that 4th spot is open for both these teams or Cairns.

Reply #660303 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Goulding played perhaps the best defensive game of his career + 14 points and five assists.

Bit of respect pls

Reply #660304 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Infinitely more respect for those who defend hard as opposed to dropping 30

Reply #660305 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Hawks missing 2 of their best players, nothing to really celebrate! Team still looks average to me and im a United fan!

Reply #660309 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I don't think they can lay claim to anything yet, but that should change in Cairns on Saturday

Reply #660311 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Unimpressive win by United

Had 15 turnovers a touch over halfway through the third quarter. Apart from a quality stretch where they scored 19 in a row, United were generally uninspiring. And Bevo helped there by leaving Rotnei on the bench for too long.

Plenty of those turnovers were from dumb or lazy play.

Wesley was great and Goulding looks to have got some confidence back. Those are the positives for Melbourne.

Props to Illawarra for their workmanlike competitiveness and smart play, keeping in touch till the 3rd despite being badly undermanned

Reply #660312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns Saturday night will give a better indication, hopefully cairns don't have to many injuries, but from what was played this evening Melbourne won't win a chook raffle. Money don't win premiereships, teams do.

Reply #660313 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Casper is best when he mixes it up on O. Driving lanes with that nice floater he has but lately he has just been jacking shit 3's. He needs to get inside for some easy 2s or kick out to an open shooter on the drive. His slump along with Gouldings has really effected the team. DA is so done its not funny!!

Reply #660316 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Was really hoping for better than that from United

2 wks to prepare with only one guy off on Boomers duties. 2 weeks to stew over that embarrassing loss to Perth.

What they came out with over the first 2 and a bit quarters just wasn't what it needed to be.

Still, I guess it's still an 18 point win. Move on and hope they can finally string some wins in a row

Reply #660317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just really shows you the disparity of the league. Injuries mar the comp right now. Most unusual to have so many out so early. So lop sided right now.
Terrible game to watch. If Goulding is playing defence that sums it up how bad it is.
Oscar please retire. Rotnei covered. Then benched wtf. Martin the game has left you behind. Who knows whats going on with Ellis.

Reply #660318 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Why does Dwayne Russell have an orgasm every time Goulding shoots the ball?

Reply #660323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell and tommy greer both on the United payroll

Reply #660325 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Homicide full of shit as usual refusing to acknowledge Perth for the title.
Perth has a fair share of haters but most will admit they're contenders.

Reply #660326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding played perhaps the best defensive game of his career + 14 points and five assists.

Bit of respect pls

I'm not generally a fan of Goulding's work, but I thought he played solid defence against James Ennis in at least one game. Stayed in front, and forced several errors. Ennis had a quiet scoring game.

Hopefully he can maintain the defensive effort once his shooting form returns. He still seems to struggle with screens a bit.

Reply #660327 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Injuries mar the comp right now. Most unusual to have so many out so early

I think we had almost as much injuries last season. United and Breakers were affected quite badly in the earlier part of last season.

With the tougher comp, maybe conditioning becoming more important? But then even Mitch Creek with his superb physiques was out early.

Reply #660329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Tommy be on the United payroll when he was a very loyal Tiger supporter.
Incidentally afaik the NBL pays the commentators salaries. Not FOX.

Reply #660336 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably about the result you'd expect with two Hawks starters missing and playing on the road. But still, you'd want to see a few second chances. 51-28 on the boards is hard to overcome.

Ellis finally let out of the doghouse and had 14 off the bench.

Reply #660340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Ellis provided good value too. Anyone know have any insight into his situation?

Seems Rotnei was unhappy about the physicality of the defense; any case to be made there? Looked like there was a bit of hand checking coming around screens, and a bit of bumping on cuts.

Reply #660357 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

Is there any chance Homicide gets held accountable for any of his comments?

"Rotnie's got 40 in the book"...He had 24.

"Someone's getting fired if United loose".

Who, the coach, imports, management? What is he basing this on??

His commentary has got better but he has to stop making bullshit predictions with no basis.

Reply #660361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The more predictions he makes, the more he can scream "I told you, I told you" whenever one comes true.

Reply #660364 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah the refs let a lot go last night- at both ends, compared to the precedent they've set this season.

Reply #660366 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Best way to understand Homicide is that he's very keen to be the Stephen A Smith of the NBL. That means he's likely (or unable not to) make big statements and cause controversy.

Reply #660370 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Stephen A Smith is confined to his own show where you can watch the games without ever dealing with him, though.

I suggested buying a McDonald's cheeseburger for every game he's on commentary, and he retweeted it.

Reply #660397 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He joined a few of us for dinner the other week (after the Adelaide game). I was sitting opposite him and mentioned that I mute the games he's commentating. Water off a duck's back!

Reply #660433 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754