Timberball
Years ago

Should an NBL team sign LaMelo or LiAngelo Ball?

LaMelo and LiAngelo are looking overseas. Anyone think an NBL team will offer?

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2017/12/04/report-liangelo-and-lamelo-ball-looking-into-professional-options-overseas/

Topic #42308 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

no

Reply #660367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no.

Reply #660368 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

One's pretty handy for steals. But no I think there's more than enough development players in Australia

Reply #660369 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

I think I can answer that with a hearty FUCK NO...

Reply #660375 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Sydney would

Reply #660376 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings will probably sign both, and hire the dad as coach.

Reply #660377 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

How old are these kids.
Waste of an import spot.

Reply #660378 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If they were good players and willing to buy into the culture of the team, why not?

I am prepared to look pass the surname and the Father (unless Lavar starts to try to influence an NBL coach).

Yes I am aware of LiAngelo's theft charge and admission of guilt. I am not setting it aside as a minor thing, but he is not in the jurisdiction to be crininally punished anymore.

Hopefully LaMelo learns from this episode.

Reply #660379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

China league

Reply #660381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It must be school holidays already

Reply #660383 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hell to the no.

Reply #660388 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Ferguson barely got minutes here. Doubt either of those two would get much court time and use an import spot.

Reply #660389 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A team with a spare import spot should offer either of them peanuts just for the attention.

Reply #660390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they posses the skill level to compete at NBL at a T-Ferg minimum then yes.

If they can't hang, then no.

It's quite simple.

Lavar Vs Homicide is a dream match.

Reply #660395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you had the third import slot open and had no pressing need for performance from it (LaMelo looks quite good but is just really young, while LiAngelo is really not much better than a regular NBL "returning from a college stint" development player), then I guess you could roll the dice for the return in attention, but specifically because of that, I think they'd be priced way too high. They'd be well aware of their off court value to the team and try and charge for that within the salary expectations (I would guess proper top tier import value), and I think would even be too tricky to deal with in so many other related ways - would they do things like the expected community work and team promotions for 'free'? Or would they do that stuff at all? Can just imagine the attitude of "If I'm going to spend an hour sitting in a shopping centre signing autographs, it's going to be under a big BBB banner, not a (insert team) banner, and it's going to be signing BBB gear those kids have freshly paid for, not random (insert team) gear for 'free'."

The funny thing is that the best destination from their standpoint - or most desirable - would definitely have been China. Messed that one up.

Reply #660404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No team would have any interest in LiAngelo ... he would barely be able to compete with state league imports.

Without the 'ball' name.. this guy wouldnt be getting high end D1 offers...

Reply #660405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who?

Reply #660412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

404 hits the nail on the head, China would have been far and away the best option for them.

LiAngelo is not good at basketball and LaMelo is too young to produce even at Ferguson levels.

And who's to say daddy wouldn't pull them out as soon as he didn't like how it was going?

Reply #660414 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I don't get it?
Is he now banned from NCAA because of his arrest in China?
And what, Dad thinks the younger one is too good for college???
Weird

Reply #660415 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Lava, homocide on the same call. What a pissing contest that would be

Reply #660418 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

NO NO NO NO NO

I remember how much damage was done to tennis by Jelena Dokic's dad, and don’t want to see basketball become a joke or an embarrassment because of these guys and their dad.

We don’t need that kind of publicity.

Reply #660423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too late Hoopie the Lakers and ESPN coverage is all about Lavar. The Lakers introduced a no interviews for entourage of players rule recently.

Reply #660430 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

NO

Reply #660436 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Lets be honest, I don't think the question is whether an NBL team will have them, its a question of whether they would even consider the NBL.

Reply #660437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ really? While I'm sure they don't have much interest in the NBL, I can't imagine the feeling isn't mutual. Kings jokes aside, there's not an NBL club that stupid is there?

Reply #660460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No.

Reply #660480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

.........and no.

Reply #660481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks can bring them in now to cover Norton's injury.

Reply #660499 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

No, both would struggle here. Right now quite behind Ferguson skillwise.

Reply #660533 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Are the Kings owned by the conglomerate that own the Lakers or Staples Centre, I could see them asking the question due to Lonzo but seriously I hope not.

I think Homicide would need to step up his self promotion as he isn't anywhere near as annoying as Lavar.

Maybe Redhage can sharpen up his elbows for one last effort

Reply #660928 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Are the Kings owned by the conglomerate that own the Lakers or Staples Centre, I could see them asking the question due to Lonzo but seriously I hope not.

I think Homicide would need to step up his self promotion as he isn't anywhere near as annoying as Lavar.

Maybe Redhage can sharpen up his elbows for one last effort

Reply #660929 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

While I'm sure they don't have much interest in the NBL, I can't imagine the feeling isn't mutual. Kings jokes aside, there's not an NBL club that stupid is there?
Sydney aren't making the playoffs anyway, so grabbing some buzz that way would hardly be the worst idea they've had in the past couple of years.

Reply #660934 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754