88Balla
Years ago

NBL Clock stoppages

Whilst we're on the topping of trashing NBL's umpiring , figured I'd harp on about the shotclock too.

Not sure if it's a FIBA thing but can anyone help me understand why it's so hard to stop the clock accurately in the NBL , especially after a basket in the dying minutes of a game, where every second is crucial.

it just seems as though the clock continues to run in between a score and the following inbound by the opposing team.

Topic #42330 | Report this topic

Gnome  
Years ago

Maybe it is an issue where the scoring bench resets or does not reset the shot clock because the umpires do not call for it to be reset.

Reply #660795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel's clock is not connected to the official scoretable cloxk

Reply #660797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they dont stop the clock for baskets in FIBA, i think NBA only stop it for baskets when its the last 2 minutes of the last quarter.

Reply #660918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FIBA stop the clock for baskets in last 2 mins of 4th and last 2 of any OT.

Reply #660938 | Report this post

88Balla  
Years ago

So if FIBA clock stop for the last 2 mins, why isn't the NBL doing this?

Reply #660956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL is

Reply #660960 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754