Anonymous
Years ago

How much blame should Dean Vickerman get?

It's become abundantly clear now that United’s roster is flawed. Many questioned their guard depth behind Ware and CG (who has been awful) once Dillon went down.

But how much of the blame lies at Vickerman’s feet?

I’m starting to question if he is partly to blame...

Topic #42336 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe that they are still second favourites to win the title

Reply #660952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crivelli is the JVG there. At least Vickerman can coach.

Reply #660958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fish rots from the top

Reply #660963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

actually fish rots from the outside inward so first blame should to the fans then the office staff then the guard rotation

Reply #660966 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The process of fish rotting is in direct correlation with the failure of a basketball team. Little-known fact

Reply #660972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fish rot from the gills outwards. So who are the gills ?

Reply #660983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cheerleaders

Reply #660985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the first time in my life I've just pondered how fish decompose. Did Ralph Wiggum post that???

Reply #660987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can lead a fish to water...

Reply #660992 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I feel for Vickerman he was always on a hiding to nothing. Imagine having to coach this team where almost everyone thinks they're a star and the rest are cooked. No middle ground role.

I said before the season Prather would be overkill and muddle things and that he would be found out now out of Perth's system. Both of those things appear to be coming true.

Reply #660998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing worse for a coach than when he is given a talented roster to work with.

Reply #660999 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Put it this way if I were a coach I'd rather be given a Taipans team than this absolutely loaded United team. You're expected to win the title with a leg in the air, a Taipans roster you're just happy not getting blown out every game with guys willing to play their roles.

Reply #661001 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"Fish rots from the top"

Is that you, Bruce Palmer?

Reply #661027 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

Vickerman didnt get a chance to mold the roster, so if things dont go well he can put his touch on the team next year.

I dont think he expected Anderson to decline so quickly, also Caspers struggling to run the team.

Perth took till xmas last year to get it together so there's still time.

My concern is they've played so poorly with multiple 7-8 day breaks.

How will they go with a number of double headers?

Reply #661056 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I guess we'll find out tomorrow night against the Kings.

Reply #661058 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Fish. Mmmmmm.

Can Dean Vickerman teach a man to fish?

Reply #661079 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

When you factor in Andersens decline, and that Adnam, although winning a few fans early in the season hasn't had much impact over the past 6 weeks, you realise United doesn't have much depth

Moller is one guy I'd like to see more of though.

But yeah, combine lack of depth and Gouldings lack of form (which I'm yet to be convinced of the exact reason for) and you have a mid ranked team instead of the top 2 or 3 team everyone expected.

How much can Vickerman be blamed? Jury is still out imo

Reply #661112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teach a man to fish and he can fish for hours in a boat drinking beer!

Reply #661121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bench play scared, make a mistake and you sit, he just keeps playing the starters no matter how bad there going. Prather last two games have been average and McCaron made him look like an ordinary defender. Melbourne look like Kings last season, have talent but just can't seem to get it together.

Reply #661129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754