Hogwash
Years ago

Perth v Brisbane 16/12

Brisbane are going OK at the moment pushing their way into the middle pack on the ladder.
Martin out injured could make this a closer game will be interesting to see how Perth respond.
Last home game for Perth before 4 consecutive road games.

Sticking with Perth by 6.

Topic #42383 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bloody hell 24 hours ago he was in NZ and now we're getting Homicide again in Perth.

LK must be trolling us.

Reply #661932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Damo effect in full force

Reply #661935 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

No defence effect in full force

Reply #661936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True

Reply #661937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus Slamdt

Reply #661938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have Brisbane to lead at every quarter at 10-1 come on Brissy!

Reply #661939 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Very quiet on hoops game thread...

Maybe due to time zone differences. The longitude differential is too great.

Reply #661941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats fans at the game, Brisbane fans non existent

Reply #661942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha bam

Reply #661943 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Not going to win when you shoot 40% from the field, and 18% from 3pt line. You could see right from the start they were off, a touch of arrogance in tonight's game from the Wildcats. Did not respect Brisbane at all, and thought it would just happen.

Reply #661944 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Big win for the Bullets

Reply #661945 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

You mean there's less than 4?

Reply #661946 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I've always said Cotton is a jumpshooter first, second and third. There are very few things outside jumpers, and flopping like a fish, That he excels at.

Hope we see more like tonight, so people can start to see he has glaring weaknesses. Get him driving and another him at the rim. He doesn't make the greatest decisions

Reply #661947 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

M A S S I V E win for Brisbane

Reply #661948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth missed Martin, and Tokoto was not 100%. Not sure exactly what was wrong.

Brisbane shot the lights out. They're definitely starting to click.

Reply #661949 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Perth had the game where they just for bring it, Brisbane was hot and hit some very tough shots at some points. Refs where as usual inconsistent and confusing. Buford slipped twice and got bailed out both times when the game was in the balance, they just suck.

Reply #661950 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Tokoto did an ankle at the half an ever looked settled afterwards.

Reply #661951 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Credit where it's due a great win by Brisbane.
A season defining weekend for them had they lost to Cairns and Perth it could've been season over for them.

I'm yet to see Steindl have much impact.

Reply #661952 | Report this post

lel  
Years ago

Lemanis is MVP of the Bullets

Reply #661956 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Couldn't help but be impressed with the Bullets at both ends today. Quality road win.

Reply #661959 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"Hope we see more like tonight, so people can start to see he has glaring weaknesses. "

You were awfully quiet last week....wonder why?

Reply #661960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When cotton drove to the basket get got crunched and nothing was called. Hardly say that is a glaring weakness

Reply #661964 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

He made a lot of jumpshots last week, Lovebroker. I'm not sure what your point is.

Anon, I'm not stupid enough to make a judgement on player's ability to do a certain thing from just one play

Reply #661965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't referring to one play. If you actually watched the game and took off your red hating glasses you would know that it was 2 plays in a row in the 4th and then on the third he passed off. Also, what about the first play when he went in, missed, got his rebound and put it back up?

Reply #661967 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Rightio

Reply #661972 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

What about that ridiculously wrong charge on Buford that had him
fouled out of the game when Perth had it back to 4?
Lol at Perth supporters whinging

Reply #661973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton needs to dish off when driving to try and find an open three. Steindl needs some plays drawn up from him, shadow of the player that was at Townsville. Just cant seem to free himself up for the 3.

Down the stretch they needed 3s but kept driving. Lack of on court smarts.

Credit to Brisbane.

Reply #661977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth pretty much had a opportunity to seal top sdpot and blew it

Reply #661982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO Martin no Perth.

Reply #661985 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Anything more to add, Lovebroker? I'd like to know what your point was

Reply #662068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His point was probably you waited until Cotton made a couple of bad plays in a loss to claim he has "glaring weaknesses" which is just ludicrous.

What exactly was your point? Being subjective about Perth again? Now you can claim you're being verbally abused again.

Reply #662069 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The validity of the point is everything, not the moment in which it was raised. You're the salty one, kid. Can't stand people being critical about your team. It's a forum, get used to it.

They are my opinions after all, you're free to disagree. But make your beef with the point, not the person. You look stupid chiming in on threads, bashing most things I say. Borrowing a page from Lovebroker, am I all you think about?

Reply #662070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said your point was ludicrous. You decided he has glaring weaknesses (who doesnt?) when he is one of the top 5 players in the league, he was the only Perth player to put in some proper effort, you pounced on him for making a couple of bad plays (while not being specific) and you also added in "hope to see more of that."

So you're not being critical, you're just making stuff up because you don't like a team.

Reply #662073 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ah, I would've written a long-winded reply but you're not worth the time

Reply #662074 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Cotton is a top 5 player at present tho

Reply #662075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh so you asked me to rebut your point, but then you've got nothing else to come back with. It's almost as if I was right the first time!

Reply #662076 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yes, losses are going to happen, but its annoying to have them happen at home, against a team that is barely in contention, and in such an obvious fashion.
The stupid thing is that Kenny is a very good backup for Martin, and his performance today was good. But otherwise the backcourt cupboard is bare.
Wagstaff had an off game, it happens, but generally he has been very good off the bench. All you could want in a 6th man.
Hire is generally good value, and you'd generally be happy with somebody like him as your 11th or even 10th man. But he’s not.
DKD just doesn’t seem to have what it takes. Can sometimes shoot ok, but basically doesn’t do enough.
I thought Steindl was a good pickup. Last time he played in the NBL he was very good, and the little I read when he went to Europe suggested his shooting was holding up well. But it seems to have deserted him. Hopefully he can regain some of that. I’d suggest that if he stays around then longer term Perth will look to replace DKD with a genuine guard.

Whilst Cooke continues to improve, I’m still not sold. Two season ago our 3 biggest players were Knight, Jawai, and Jervis. We’ve lost a lot of inside muscle and it shows.
Not sure how you guard a player like Kickett, who is shooting exceptionally well this season.

Reply #662078 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

They have over a month to make up their minds on what to do with Cooke Jr. I say keep him

Reply #662081 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

I will be surprised if he will be here to the end, a very uninspiring game by Perth. Brisbane made the play's when it mattered.

Perth need to learn how to play without Martin, he isn't going to be there for ever and still think they are to cotton reliant. On top, with plenty up side.

Reply #662082 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'd suggest that if he stays around then longer term Perth will look to replace DKD with a genuine guard.
They replaced Knight with a guard and now you want to replace Cooke with a guard? Did you watch Sydney's first few games?

Reply #662083 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Perth played poorly and couldn't score on the open shots they generated, it was uninspiring basketball, yet they were within 4 with multiple opportunities to go even in the last 2 mins against a team who was having a night out hitting for the most part the easy and the heavily contested. Let's not overreact to that result

Reply #662087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While our small ball 'death' lineup has been great in some games lately, i didn't like how we rolled with it for the last 6min after how dominant Brandt had been for most of the game.

Reply #662141 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Not sure how you guard a player like Kickett, who is shooting exceptionally well this season."

With respect; Kickert always has very good shooting seasons..not just this season.

Reply #662203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754