Anonymous
Years ago

Tragardh

How can this guy be on TV commentating? His voice is retarded. No offence to the guy but it's the worst voice I've ever heard. WTF voice/accent does he have? Actually I don't really care but he can't speak properly and I just can't believe he is on TV with it.

Merry Christmas.

Topic #42408 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also for a guy who played for Cairns he then proceeds to say "Cairns's" instead of "Cairns'" so it sounded like he was saying Kansas or something. Horrible voice and not too bright either.

Reply #662940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No offense but..." and then proceeds to say offensive things.

Reply #662943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also he is overtalking on the commentary. People complain about Rosen all the time about this but Tragardh is doing the same thing during this Sixers-Taipans game and dominating the commentary so much Homicide is barely saying anything... lol. Just stop please!

Reply #662947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of this. I'm sitting in another room and all I can hear is Cam's voice

Reply #662954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#662954 yesss finally someone gets it! I don't understand why this isn't a bigger issue, it's one of the most horrible/amateur things I've ever seen on TV.

Reply #662955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm sitting on another room and all I can hear is Cam’s voice"

That’s so weird. I was just reading a different website and all I could think about was this stupid thread.

Reply #662964 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I really don't understand the hate. I can understand some killjoy hating on his quips, but his voice itself is far from unbearable.

Reply #662965 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Homicide & Trigger getting the shift that everyone else made themselves unavailable for. Horrible pairing.

Reply #662966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I googled and see he was born in Queensland.

Maybe it's a Queensland thing? and you're used to it but I find his voice weird/strange/unbearable to listen to. Sorry, but that's my opinion. Honestly wish I could listen to it instead of watching with the mute button on but it is what it is.

Reply #662971 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

In all honesty some of the commentating this season has just about put me off watching the NBL.

Lachie Reid, James Harvey and Matt Russell are the expecptions. Everyone else just plain sucks.

Reply #662972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Say what you want but at least give me a little credit because I didn't claim I was going to quit the league entirely because of Tragardh being on the broadcasts. Especially after you read someone claiming they would do so re: Homicide in another thread which was ridiculous based on their OCD infatuation with the league.

Reply #662974 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Matt Russell's voice is the most bogan and grating of them all. Does anyone else see that?

Reply #662975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope. Must be regional bias?

Reply #662976 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha don't know. I just feel as though he bellows. It's a really strained voice

Reply #662978 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Commentators from the rugby states usually are.

Reply #662979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Aussie rules guys are no better.

Reply #662981 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

haha Jesus H Christ.. did Trigger cut the OP off in traffic?

I think he does an outstanding job and that you need a snickers.....

Reply #663022 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I've never had an issue with his voice, although I don't particularly care for his style. He's not bad, though.

I turned this one off as soon as I saw Homicide, so I can't comment on this particular game.

Reply #663028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think some of you need to lighten up.

Who really cares what he sounds like, I don't.

If it so offends you, then use the mute button or change channels.

Some of you are so precious!

Reply #663045 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Calm down OP its Christmas time

Reply #663046 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Commentators from the rugby states usually are.

You mean League states? I'm as anti-League as someone can get, but they're no worse than the AFL commentators, and if compared, I'd say the overexcitable AFL commentators are worse on average than the league ones we've had in the past... Mainly because Dwayne Russell is so shit, he drags the average down...

Reply #663047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky this forum doesn't allow voice posts - the voice quality would be crap from your parents basement.

Trig has the last laugh - checkout his new wife. I’ll go get you all a spoon so you can eat your own arse rofl

PS: AFL commentators are all whiney- but at least you don’t have to listen to Ray Warren or gus Gould. Every origin it’s like reading this forum....except it’s about NSW not the 36ers

Reply #663060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His new wife must be a mute.

Reply #663069 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Mute, or deaf??

Reply #663071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you guys talking about ? He is great and together with James Harvey they are the best this season. The worst is Tommy Greer who only talks about Melbourne and his mate CG43 - get rid of him first !

Reply #663078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah deaf not mute, my bad.

Harvey is good and agreed Greer is awful making up his own words (wabapp - wtf!) and being a league/melb cronie. But Tragardh is awful, argh!

Reply #663093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't agree with these comments. Tragardh is a top commentator IMO. I can see how his sense of humour/one liners may be an acquired taste, but his ability to actually describe what's going on is top tier.

Reply #663115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigger is fantastic

What the fuck is this shit

Reply #663119 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

+1 Trigger is very good

Reply #663123 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Eh. I enjoy Trigger's commentary

Reply #663124 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, I enjoy Trig's work too.

Reply #663130 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I find his commentary irritating. Same goes for Homicide.

James Harvey, Shawn Redhage, Tommy Greer (his Melb bias aside), Shane Heal, Casey Frank and Brad Rosen are all quite competent though - shame none of them venture up north more often.

Reply #663131 | Report this post

Tim too  
Years ago

Casey frank is easily the best. Knowledgeable and great wit. Entertainer with credibility.

Reply #663135 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

I love trigger and his hilarious one liners, personally don't think there has been a more entertaining and knowledgeable group of commentators. Great to have lots of former recent nbl players. Even good to see a little homicide redage banter

Reply #663136 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

A lot of people complain on here regarding the basketball knowledge of non-basketball guys on the Fox broadcasts (Dwayne Russell etc). Give me an un-polished Cam over Dwayne Russell any day. He doesn't have the greatest voice but I'm not watching basketball to hear Pavarotti.

Reply #663269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thought just crossed my mind - Pavarotti is more attractive than Tragardh!

Reply #663282 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Brisbane have collapsed.

Reply #666363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragardh is outstanding. And the combination with Harvey and Reid is probably the best 3 man crew in the game.

Reply #666449 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Trig is doing a good job on the WNBL playoffs too.

Reply #666456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horrible weirdo bogan voice. ewwww

Reply #666461 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Woops wrong thread.

On topic: Tragardh is terrible.

Reply #666490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great job from T. Anonymous when did you do anything that was public with your voice and broadcast around the world?
I hate sideline people not liking a particular trait.
Pretty sure anonymous you are undoubtedly flawless but mate you aren't, so until you are please go away.
Oh maybe you are the anonymous bully called The Customer.

Reply #666518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trigger is awesome. I won't have anyone bad mouthing him around here

Reply #666537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just like me Tragardh shouldn't be on TV.

Reply #666539 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

He's fine for content and knowledge.

Voice coaching. This is what radio media people use. A relative of mine did voice coaching when he switched career from cameraman to radio DJ. It worked well enough for him to gain a decent following of groupies who never even saw how he looked.

He could claim the costs on tax too.

Reply #666547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You've hit the nail on the head. He needs voice coaching, amateur for NBL not to provide or suggest it to him.

Reply #666552 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Yeah I've heard him and he does have good insight and knowledge.

I think voice coaching would make him listenable, but not great. Vocal quality is also constrained by genetics. My male family members have deep, resonating voices that project well. I’ve been interviewed on radio and (apparently) sound good too. I can also hold a gym full of kids without mike and speakers.

Cam deserves to be listened too though. If he paid for voice coaching himself, it would probably increase his earning capacity in commentary, public speaking etc.

Gaze doesn’t have a hugely authoritative voice either.

Reply #666608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754