Swagger
Years ago

Music man from 36ers v Taipans

That music man from the CBA preseason contest filled in today. Awful, full lyric songs played all game. Amateur hour, how can no game day staff pull him up on this?

Will be calling 36ers office and lodging my protest. Hope others join me.

Topic #42409 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

At least you didn't have to put up with Homicide & Tragardh on the broadcast.

Reply #663003 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

First game I've been to in a while it was horrific

Reply #663004 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

I'll certainly be complaining to the Club.

Reply #663005 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

KET - it's not usually like that, today the music man was a fill in (I hope). He did the pre-season game versus the CBA team last season and in amongst the complaints on Facebook was a couple of posts from his wife talking about how great the DJ was and how he should get the gig.

Clearly didn't learn, and I am shocked that he got a second gig.

Reply #663006 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Thank goodness it's not just me. I put it down to trying to compensate for the poor quality of the game - or at least the 36ERS performance. Definitely a regression to the [recent] bad old days.

Reply #663011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skip, the regular guy, is away for the next Month.

Reply #663013 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Anon, thanks for letting us know re Skip. It's times like these you realise how good a job he does.

Do you know who selected this replacement? Or who can tell him to pull his head in? Need to know who to reach to get the message thru.

Reply #663014 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I've never experience anything as bad as that in my life. I was gonna go and unplug the guys laptop or ipod. Whatever it was that he just set to random amd walked away from....

Reply #663023 | Report this post

Heard enough...  
Years ago

I actually prefer to listen to the game. If I wanted to listen to music, I'd go to a concert... I hope next seasons membership pack has ear plugs as it's just getting beyond a joke.....

Reply #663048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I honestly thought the dickheads in the house behind me were having a party until I muted the TV and realised it was coming from the TV. You poor sods.

Reply #663063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor music because it was a poor game. Hilarious.

Reply #663090 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Terrible music yesterday but Skip is a problem too . He seems to think the right volume is turn it up until it distorts and that's where you leave it!!

PA is even worse Blah, Blah, Blah, can understand very little of what's actually said!

Didn't the club have a sound engineer to set the system up and advise the users regarding limits. Its certainly much better than the old one but needs to be properly used.

Yes I'm an old fart but I love music and don't mind loud if it has clarity.

The kind of distortion we are subjected to is appalling and extremely tiring. Its like chalk on a blackboard>

If my own sound system sounded like that properly used I would never listen to it!

Reply #663098 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

I'm with you Ayjay!!

Reply #663099 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754