Anonymous
Years ago

Import Changes

Hey guys just curious are all import contracts now guaranteed for the season?

If an import only needs to play 7 games (25%) of season for playoff eligibility then why can't contracts be guaranteed from game 21.

Last but not least what changes would you make this season before playoff eligibility deadline?

For example Perth need to upgrade Cooke and Adelaide and Cairns could do with better point guards.

Discuss....

Topic #42410 | Report this topic

Fool  
Years ago

Personally i think that Perth need to upgrade Cooke and Adelaide and Cairns could do with better point guards.

Reply #663021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers need a third import

Reply #663024 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

What is the rule regarding the 25 per cent? Is it 25 per cent of NBL played, or is it 25 per cent with one specific team.

Because I just had some crazy Prather theories rattle around in the ol' noggin. And it worries me if I'm a United fan.

Reply #663026 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What would Melbourne get out of letting Prather go elsewhere in the league?

Reply #663027 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Satisfaction that one of their players might achieve something in the finals?

Reply #663029 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I don't know, but my question is whether Melbourne would be considered to have four imports if Prather is deemed fit to play and Felix stays. Because I want Felix to stay!

Reply #663030 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

They could be forced to let Prather go, and he could sign with a rival club. Same goes with Felix actually. A rival may snap him up on the eve of playoffs for example

Reply #663031 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Why would they be forced to release Prather?

Reply #663032 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I guess my question is:

Would United be within its rights to keep a healthy Prather if Felix plays for them for the remainder of the season, playoffs included?

Reply #663034 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Probably. He's under contract to them as long as they're still paying his contract what difference does it make if he's on the roster or not? Perth did that with Jaron Johnson last season.

Plus who says he will be healthy? The injury is considered at best 8 weeks but quite possibly season ending. Melb could say he's no good to come back, whilst still paying him and tell him to go spend some time in Tahiti. Who's going to protest that? Prather?

Reply #663035 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hope so. I see them winning the championship with Felix

Reply #663036 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Merry Christmas, everyone. Talk on Boxing Day

Reply #663037 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

He's signed as an injury replacement, so when Prather is healthy, it's bye-bye.
But who's to say when he's healthy?

Reply #663068 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Not sure how Felix will turn out but what I heard from some knowledgeable folks are that he has significant offensive deficiencies for what United is currently running and may have issues picking up half-court plays quickly.

Even defensively, they reckon he may struggle with the physicality and 'speed' of the NBL, which doesn't sound too good for what he's being recruited for. They reckon United will be anxiously hoping Prather can come back in good shape and ahead of time.

Reply #663076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"and may have issues picking up half-court plays quickly." ='s Athletic but a dumb Basketball IQ.

Reply #663091 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I dont think he comes with a Magic wand Manu Fieldel

Reply #663105 | Report this post

SM  
Years ago

Hey Manu, I think we should wait at least a month before we start talking about Felix being the key to United's quest for a championship.

I think it'l be quite simple. If Felix is a gun and United start defeating the likes of Perth and NZ, there's no way he won't be there for playoffs. Prather in that case would remain 'injured'.

That would surprise me though, I'll be watching with interest.

Reply #663121 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm not one to get carried away but the way this guy plays, he should fit in nicely. If he defends at an elite level and shoots at an elite level then it's over. In saying that, what has he been doing since getting cut by Washington? Wonder what his conditioning is like

Reply #663122 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754