Swagger
Years ago

Music changes for Sixers v Breakers

Props to Joe for making the necessary changes for the game tonight.

I saw him sitting by the fill-in music man, running the controls all night during the game and having the new guy take notes. Going for a change from "hit the road Jack" is ambitious but otherwise good job.

So fair game, I dished the criticism out so props to Joe for making things right.

Topic #42430 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes props to the Sixers for the changes. It was night and day on the broadcast.

Reply #663477 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Sounded good in the stadium

Reply #663478 | Report this post

The Rooster  
Years ago

It was plain awful at concourse level. We want to watch the game and not put up with that every week. One child asked to be taken home because of the noise....

Reply #663483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something was wrong with the eq levels Tonight. I Couldn't go to Christmas Eve game so can’t compare....

Reply #663485 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

There was a two minute gap in the music towards the end of the first quarter - wonderful!!

Reply #663488 | Report this post

Heard enough...  
Years ago

It was so loud I couldn't even talk to the person next to me... turn it down....

Reply #663495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Change it , dont change it, its too loud , its not loud enough, theres too much going on ,there's not enough going on....seriously you cant please everyone and just seems as if prople just like to havev whinge, so how about we just stop whinging all together..you could put out an awesome game night experience and there would still be people who would whinge and whine that something wasn't THEIR liking

Reply #663500 | Report this post

Heard enough...  
Years ago

It's a basketball match, you should be able to talk to the person next to you. It's really that simple....

Reply #663509 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

The music and announcements, especially pre-game is way too loud.
Whatever genius thinks turning up the noise level makes it more enjoyable has no idea.

Also yelling out Hungry Jacks while the opposition are at the free throw line is way too loud also.

A suggestion to the brains trust running the sound at the arena, come sit up at around row P on the south side and see how much you enjoy it.

Reply #663517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was sitting south side row m and dont see a problem with the sound whatsoever and the person sitting next to me had no trouble hearing me at all...some people will always find something to complain about.

Reply #663520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many fans on FB.

Reply #663523 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Volume was way up - I literally found myself putting my hands over my ears in an attempt to get some respite - in the women's game and I even had trouble talking to the woman behind the counter when buying food between the games because of the p.a. volume. Level seemed about the same level for the men's game, but how/when when the music was used around the men's game was MUCH better [more appropriate] than the week before, and in fact probably the best it's been all season.

Reply #663634 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

it was too loud on one side, another side coukldnt hear it. all they could hear was BOOM/BOOM/BOOM

the middle aged man went home from the game at half time. I tend to agree with him.

I'm happy for half old stuff and half new stuff but pretty much just sat there like in a PL game.

And we pay how much for this as a ticketed member.

The headoffice didn't give a shit

Reply #664080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you contacted them? What did they say?

Reply #664082 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754