Tickle me Cosby
Years ago

AJ Ogilvy's injury and return?

What is AJs injury? When is he due back? I've searched the net and can not find any information about it.

Topic #42437 | Report this topic

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hip/groin sustained at training IIRC. No time mentioned so he could be game-day decision if he can pass physical.

Reply #663749 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Hawks 3-0 without him and offence seems to run better without him. No doubt ogilvy is a good player but a lot of the time he just looks like he is coasting.

Reply #663756 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

He seems like the kind of guy who can't play hurt, as was shown in his last game where he was absolutely horrible. Just rest him until absolutely 100%, then split 20mins each with him and Johnson to keep him fresh.

Reply #663757 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I would even bring him off bench behind Johnson to add more to second unit

Reply #663758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heart transplant

Reply #663759 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Interview at the game a few weeks ago he said he was aiming to return for NYE vs Brisbane, but more likely first game in the new year. Haven't heard anything since though.

Reply #663762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw an interview with bevo that said targeting Jan 6.

Reply #663811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Heart transplant"

Winner!

Reply #663823 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Delvon so much better than AJ as a fir for this team. Love the guy reminds me a bit of Isiah Victor. Hawks should keep him in the starting 5 even when AJ gets back.

Reply #663832 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Find it prettttty funny that aj has a groin injury :/

Reply #664005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heart injury?

Reply #664030 | Report this post

John Fairs  
Years ago

Look at some times AJ does struggle with the physicality of the game. He needs a bit more mongrel in him but don't judge him on his last few games, where he was should not have played. At his best he is the best big man in this league by a long way, even better than Boone, let's hope he can be that best man more often.

Reply #664051 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Better than Boone? lol Even better than DJ?

Thanks for the laugh AJ.

Reply #664057 | Report this post

John Fairs  
Years ago

Ummm, how many NBL First Teams has DJ made? I did say at his best like 2015/6. DJ at his best is as equally as dominant but how often do we see it for DJ? Better than Boone, I think AJ has a better all-round game, but Boone is more consistent.

Reply #664078 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You also said he "is" the best big man in the league, which is present-tense, so to back that up with his form from two years ago is a reach to say the least.

He's been awful this year.

Reply #664113 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:43 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754