Robert
Years ago

MVP Selection

I am just curious....I know in AFL you are eliminated from selection for the Brownlow medal if you are suspended during the season. Not sure about NRL. In basketball NBL/WNBL would you still be eligible for MVP honours if you had been ejected from a game/games during the season?

Topic #42445 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #663926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sadly yes cambage can still win mvp even after all the techs and the suspension

Reply #663952 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I can understand the techs, but you can still win MVP after being suspended??? That's crazy

Reply #663954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP only asked if you can still win if you've been ejected.

Reply #663955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

answer is still yes. it is not fairest and best like in footy. maybe if you did something bad enough to get a year ban you would be ineligible but you wouldn't play enough games to poll enough votes to win anyway

Reply #663956 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I can understand the techs, but you can still win MVP after being suspended??? That's crazy
Why is that crazy? The only reason the Brownlow works the way it does is it's the Best and Fairest. The suspension rule is about the 'fairest' bit, MVP is just MVP.

Reply #663958 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Best and fairest lol.

Reply #663963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No-one would argue if LeBron won MVP and had been tossed from a game (happened recently) or suspended even for too many techs so not really an issue is it?

Reply #663964 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Techs or tossed for too many techs for arguing calls would be fine.

Winning MVP after starting being suspended for starting a brawl akin to Malice in the Palace? Maybe not..

Just came across as being a bit odd to me that you could win an award like league MVP after being suspended, particularly if it was for something involving violence.

Reply #663965 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Would be interesting if Childress had whacked Wagstaff in R19 and picked up MVP a couple of weeks later, would certainly have got tongues wagging.

Reply #663970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress certainly got wagstaff wagging.

Reply #664045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wut?

Reply #664049 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

Is anyone offering WNBL MVP betting?

Reply #665005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754