Vilisi Saqasaqa
Years ago

Pick-up ball in Sydney?

Just moved to Sydney from Brisbane and looking to play some pick up games, for general fitness and for the love of the game. Thanks

Topic #42461 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

Reply #664533 | Report this post

smoke  
Years ago

I always struggled to find courts in Sydney. The KGV indoor stadium near the bridge used to have ok runs on Friday nights and the outdoor courts at Prince Alfred Park next to central station often had games going.

Reply #664535 | Report this post

smoke  
Years ago

Someone mentioned to me last week that there are also outdoor courts near the SCG that get some burn - google maps shows 6 courts at centennial parklands (possibly associated with urbanrec.com.au?)

Reply #664538 | Report this post

Vilisi Saqasaqa  
Years ago

Im out west but for a consistent game oh yer i'll drive!

Reply #664545 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

There are loads of places to be honest, scattered right throughout Sydney - basically any public courts near the city will have people playing, Central courts are a good one, as are the ones near the SCG, and there's an outdoor court next to Broadway shopping centre (right next to the Peter Forsyth Auditorium). Out west though if you go to any local stadium there will probably be groups of guys booking out courts on Saturdays/Sundays that will be happy to have an extra body - I know Kevin Betts out at Mount Druitt has a group that plays Saturday mornings, but with school holidays and things it might be a little tougher than usual to find games.

Reply #664549 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Western suburbs? Head to Qudos Arena and talk to a guy called Jeff. He'll be there today from about 3.30. ;-)

Reply #664592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you can coach then be sure to mention that to him as well.
Actually even if you can't coach just say you can. It'll be at least a year before he works it out.

Reply #664604 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754