ChairmanOfTheBored
Years ago

Breakers sign import Rakeem Christmas

Christmas comes late for Breakers? Rumours circulating on Twitter that NZ have picked up the services of Rakeem Christmas.

Topic #42462 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Shows up on Wikipedia as player for the Breakers

Reply #664547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he signs then watch out! Breakers for the title

Reply #664555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All over Twitter. Nice edition for the Breakers and the league. Title favourites for this week at least. New fav every week.

Reply #664556 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He's really going to struggle with foul trouble in this league, IMO.

Reply #664557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if Perth will up the ante by releasing Cooke Jr

Reply #664558 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I feel like he will struggle with foul trouble, good point.

Breakers are genuinely ordinary right now and Mika Vukona is going to give up minutes to this guy. Either Vukona or Pledger. Maybe they go a small lineup? Henare has a lot of work to do, because this guy doesn't look like a scrap-for-seconds guy. He looks like a roller and finisher. Good touch. Scorer. The fact that there's no defensive 3sec in Fiba will screw with this guy. But he does have a midrange game, which is a plus for NZ.

Reply #664563 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Of course anything at this point is merely an educated guess. But I don't think the other contenders have too much to worry about

Reply #664564 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Oh damn, 7'5" wingspan tho

Reply #664565 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

How many games you need to play to qualify for finals?

Reply #664580 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Reply #664587 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Instead of paying a budget import for a full season like some other teams not named United, just use that money to pay a guy you can't afford for the last part, seems smart.

Reply #664762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Pledger and Loe'd minutes will decrease, and Christmas will play at the 5. Sosa, Newbill and Ili are should improve having someone that can catch and finish above the rim. Pledger and Loe can be awfully soft.

Reply #664813 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Is he confirmed?

Reply #665103 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Confirmed on NBL site today. Must admit, I had a chuckle at the hashtag in the first sentence. I'm a pretty liberal guy but Jesus H Christ that's a little ridiculous

Reply #665109 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Releasing Jimmy was extremely hard, he is a victim of circumstance. It would have been much easier if he was a dickhead and didn't deserve his spot and didn’t train hard. But he does all of those things and has still been waived. It is extremely difficult, he is a much-loved member of this team and we all hope he decides to stay on and keep working on his game and aim for his goal of being a full-time professional basketball player. We think we can continue to help him while he is here, and we would love him to do so."

Trying to remember the last time I saw the word "dickhead" printed in an official press release.

Reply #665111 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Henare is pretty good with the colorful language haha

Reply #665113 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

FWIW, I love that 'no bullshit' approach from Henare. And I encourage the lack of censorship on 'dickhead', but it's 2018 and people are too PC for that stuff

Reply #665115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754