Anonymous
Years ago

United changing back to Tigers, but...

For one game only ...

Topic #42486 | Report this topic

Thank you Isaac for fixing up the title!!!

Accidentally wrote the thread title as my name -_-

Reply #665388 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

They look horrible in that picture without the sponsor logo "justifying" moving the actual team logo to the crotch region.

I swear... I don't know which gets pushed further back further each year. Lebron's hairline or NBL team names on jerseys.

Reply #665389 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

They look so much better when the logo is placed in the correct position!

here's my attempt: https://imgur.com/a/JtLiU

Reply #665391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed. yours looks heaps better. why the hell did they do that? like who actually decided it would be better at the belly area?

Reply #665394 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

"They need the sponsor" dollars. Which is hard to argue with.

In a perfect world you wouldn't have to sell that top space to a sponsor.

But if there is no sponsor why do we think it’s ok to have the logo so far down?!?

Reply #665395 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Surely there will be a sponsor logo going in that position and is just empty for now. If there isn't, then its pretty average.

Does an 07/08 jersey count as heritage? Particularly as not many people were into the Tigers back then. You'd think a jersey from a more likeable era would be more popular.

Reply #665396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not one game at all according to the Herald Sun.

"The Herald Sun understands United could moonlight as the Tigers for up to five NBL games, including the interstate showdown against Tigers immortal Andrew Gaze's Sydney Kings."

Reply #665400 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm pretty surprised with how much seeing those jerseys again made me mentally dislike Melbourne. Took me right back to Sean Lampley era.

Reply #665401 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

^^ That'd be great! A bit cheeky maybe but United don't really have to resort to that to get an easy win.

Reply #665402 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

Why, oh why didn't they recreate the '93 look?

Reply #665407 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Thats awful. Team logo should never be so low, regardless of sponsors. Ugly.

So empty United playing up to the Tigers heritage, after ditching the team with the most history in the country so flippantly.

Reply #665408 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wouldn't the sponsor be Wagner?

Also why choose that logo? The older logo is better

Reply #665411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding and Barlow thinking and hoping heritage round equals the last time they played a good season

Reply #665414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They chose the lamest Tigers jerseys ever. Idiots.

I remember when that logo was announced people on here including myself thought it was a joke.

Now that I think about it no wonder Utd picked the all-time worst logo. Pricks.

Reply #665419 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

They should have used any of the other Vic teams that won a championship

Using Tigers doesn't make them the break away team they wanted.

Reply #665425 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Is this the first year they've worn Tigers jerseys? They had Magic jerseys last year, and I think generic Victorian jerseys the couple of years prior to that?

Reply #665426 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

I really don't know how I feel about this.

I was a very passionate Tigers man and was shattered when they effectively killed off the club. I never really got on board with United and have only been to a few games here and there because of my love for basketball.

Ironically, I already have tickets to the Feb 3 game (Xmas present). Do I break out the old tigers singlet from the wardrobe?

Reply #665429 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The worst Tigers logo was the very last one - that was by a child (I assume)

Reply #665432 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Seems heritage round brings back a lot of bad blood in Melbourne. Maybe they should have just stuck with a generic jersey that incorporates all the past clubs like they did a few seasons ago.

And with all the history that the Tigers have had, why on earth go with the horrible 07/08 jersey which is hardly considered 'heritage'. Its more a reminder of when basketball was at a low point.

Reply #665434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United are shitting on the Tigers by using their worst logo. So transparent.

Reply #665439 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Ash, I think the 'club' still exists, it is just not a direct pathway into the NBL. However, some would say that the Tigers brand at NBL level was never really part of the 'club' or 'association' known as Melbourne Tigers, rather a separate entity.

Reply #665442 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

Loved the Tigers - and love United now too

Jerseys look great

Nice for Barlow to suit up again in the Tigers uniform 10 years after winning the championship with them

Reply #665510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've never used The North Melbourne Giants, Victoria Giants or Victoria Titans

Reply #665558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those are the worst tigers jerseys either.

Reply #665559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754