Isaac
Years ago

Lisch to play for Kings on Saturday

Are they insane if they push him overly hard to close the season? Thought they might just put him on ice from here.

Topic #42491 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze wants his 600 K next year

Reply #665502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should be kept out. This is about trying to save face and the few fans they have left. Smacks of desperation.

Reply #665503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should be kept out. This is about trying to save face and the few fans they have left. Smacks of desperation.

Reply #665504 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Maybe trying to push him out the door?

Reply #665505 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Are Sydney insane? Yes.
I would hope he is given limited minutes

Reply #665506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm certain Lisch would want to play if fit, might as well test him out if fit.

Reply #665507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was supposed to be fit last time idiot.

Reply #665517 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Potentially insane. Maybe sociopathic.

They might want to "push him out the door", but who wants him to be pushed out in a wheelchair?

What if he re-injures, or ends his career.

Anyone for a dose of negligence under Workcover rehabilitation provisions (does Workcover apply?)

Reply #665528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See M Knight ;)

Reply #665538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings keep delivering... off the court that is.

Reply #665539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange I recall most people here thought it was OK to bring him back last time when I thought he was under done.
Everyone was happy with Knight continuing to play as well.
Memory must be failing

Reply #665568 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

All guns blazing to avoid the wooden spoon.

Reply #665575 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Surely just pre-game hype to build interest. Does anyone really think he will play?

Reply #665576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except they're no chance to avoid it. Who are they going to beat the rest of the way, even with Lisch, who won’t be in game shape anyway for weeks? They might steal one of two from Brisbane. Other than that, they aren’t beating Adelaide (1), Perth (2), Melbourne (1), NZ (1) or Cairns (1). They’ll equal the worst record in team history and finish 6-22 is what I’m betting.

Reply #665577 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Worst record has to be worse than 6-22

Geelong Supercats 1988
Hunter Pirates ????
Glenelg Tigers 1979

From memory the above had terrible seasons

Reply #665596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read what was written. Team history, NOT NBL history. 1988 Supercats will never be beaten, only tied (0-24)

Reply #665601 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Strange I recall most people here thought it was OK to bring him back last time when I thought he was under done.
Everyone was happy with Knight continuing to play as well.
Memory must be failing

You might have the first one, although if I recall correctly, quite a few were saying that he shouldn't have been rushed back at the time... Knight though, you're the one with the faulty memory as this place was FULL of people saying he shouldn't have returned the last few times and that the Wildcats were negligent in their duty of care for him...

As a (former) Kings fan, I'm all for seeing what Lisch can do with Randle on the court and I understand the desire to see how they can work together with Lisch having one season left on his contract and the team with the option on Randle, but there's still 8 games left, and I've never been a huge fan of playing players when they've basically HAD to pass a physical two days before a game...

Hopefully they've factored in extra wait time into this return date and not clearly rushed him back like last time, as the pressure being on from coaches and management was really clear then...

This still smacks of desperation to avoid the spoon, which seems unavoidable (not sure of Brisbanes schedule, but there's no way they're not at least equalising their worst record ever) so hopefully Kev knows his body better and doesn't push it...

Reply #665605 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'd bring him back too.
Not so much in desperation for wins, but I think it's important to know for next season how various combinations (that include Lisch) look on the court.
I wouldn't be rushing him back of course. Once he is 100% ready to go, wait a couple more weeks just to be sure, and then ease him back in slowly. He's the type of guy who is going to play 100% once he steps on the court so you don't want to take any chances.

Reply #665615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly if fit play him, find out what's there for next season, no point having him on the roster if he keeps breaking down.

Reply #665620 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:31 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754