Anonymous
Years ago

Ben Simmons and Kyle Lowry both ejected

Anyone else see the footage from today's game where Ben Simmons tells Lowry to meet him in the hallway. Reports are saying they did meet and Simmons took out Lowry.

Topic #42524 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

In all seriousness, does anyone actually know what happened here? I saw a few comments from both after the game including Lowry saying something along the lines of 'I guess he thinks he's somebody'.

Interested to know what went down.

Reply #666784 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

But then:

Simmons seems like the sort to keep emotions in check and play the long game with career/reputation/etc.

Reply #666785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-76ers-ben-simmons-raptors-kyle-lowry-involved-in-altercation-after-ejections/amp/

Reply #666787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like Simmons ego is getting the better of him bigtime now,

Reply #666788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Reports are saying they did meet and Simmons took out Lowry."

You spelt "ran away from" incorrectly.

Reply #666789 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Simmons cops rubbish all game long and keeps a pretty even temper. Some of the shoves and give backs he is giving is good in my opinion. Ego isn't much of an issue when you take into account how many people are jerking him off in media, sponsors and person.

Love the kid, he is going to be a star in fact, he already is. Ego wont be an issue his sassy sister will keep that in check, as will his mum and dad.

Reply #666790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't read a single credible report this morning that says Simmons "took out" Lowry, this may be a figment of your imagination.

Reply #666806 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Still trying to work out why either of them were ejected in the first place

Reply #666807 | Report this post

Olgun trying to look like he knows things again I reckon

Reply #666809 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

How the hell did anyone get thrown out for that?!?! Was there something that happened earlier and this was the last straw for the refs?

Reply #666815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont even think simmons hand signal is directed at lowry. I think Simmons is looking at the referee and makes the gesture confiming that he is being ejected and then walks off. I dont think he is paying any attention to at all to lowry at that time. i think can best be seen by the footage in the second video posted above. Lowry miss interprets it, thinks it is directed at him and goes running off.

this would be reflected in simmons walking calmly off and straight to the locker room as is being reported and as he has stated since.

Reply #666816 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESPN:

Lowry and Simmons, who had 12 points and six turnovers, were ejected with 6.5 seconds left after a dustup near midcourt. No punches were thrown in the game that included six technical fouls.

"I don't play around," Simmons said. "I'm not going to take (crap) from anybody."

Reply #666818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed that it is a joke that either of them were ejected in any event.

the nba has gone way over the top with the ejections, technicals and flagrants. they expect no one to show any emotion. they are creating robots.

Reply #666819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yet its popularity is sky-rocketing.

Reply #666822 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Looks like a technical was given to each of them for the verbal alteraction, from the commentary its their second each so thats auto-ejection.

Reply #666839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's to say the popularity would not be at the same level if the ref were not so ridiculously hot on techs, flag rants and intentionals

Reply #666841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hadn't been particularly impressed by Simmons before this season. I thought his behaviour after missing out on the Worlds' team was juvenile, which wasn't unreasonable at the time given his age, but still showed he had growing up to do. And I wasn't convinced from his play at LSU that his strengths would outweigh his weaknesses in the NBA. But the comment from Lowry and the W for the Sixers means Simmons easily comes out on top in this non-event. Seriously, "guess he thinks he's somebody"??? He's turning in the best rookie performance since Blake Griffin and looks like a perennial all-star and possible future-MVP. He IS somebody and he hasn't exactly pranced around with his own reality tv show or personal hype machine so that you could accuse him of egomania.

Reply #666849 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This...

https://twitter.com/PickandRollAU/status/953109157313314816

Reply #666872 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Seriously though, you have a little go at each other verbally and they call for video footage and it seems they just call a double tech anyways.. driving me nuts!!!!

Lowry is a sook and yep, 200,000+ votes below Benny. Salty boy.

Reply #666932 | Report this post

SIXERS VOICE  
Years ago

I believe the following NBA rule may have applied in this situation (also it was a second technical):
Section V--Conduct
a. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time. A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game. A technical foul cannot be assessed for physical contact when the ball is alive.
EXCEPTION: Fighting fouls and/or taunting with physical contact.
b. A maximum of two technicals for unsportsmanlike acts may be assessed any player, coach or trainer. Any of these offenders may be ejected for committing only one unsportsmanlike act, and they must be ejected for committing two unsports-manlike acts.
d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
(7) Taunting

Reply #667107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL I guess Lowry isn't so salty anymore!

Reply #668466 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Disappointed for Simmons but he will make it next year if he stays healthy and keeps grinding.

Reply #668472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and suddenly learns how to shoot in the next 12 months

Reply #668482 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754