The truth
Years ago

Paul Pierce To Denver

It has been Rumour that boston and denver have spoken about a possible deal between Paul Pierce for Andre miller and Nene ...

Boston already attempted to trade pierce early this season for the thrid pick in this years draft but nothing ever happend

Topic #4254 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Doubt that would happen IMO

Reply #49441 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

better not, i love the celtics and paul is the heart of that team. Who will fill the spot? davis to 3, tony allen to 2, miller the point, where does nene fit? they need to bring on jefferson. Bad trade for the celtics.

Reply #49449 | Report this post

aliasunknown  
Years ago

and bad trade for denver

they should trade camby to give schenscscscer some minutes

Reply #49450 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cavs picked up Damon Jones. Has that already been posted? Surely that's reasonable news? Cleveland have picked up Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes and Damon Jones now, and I don't think they've lost anyone major, have they?

Reply #49452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its a heaps good trade for denver! melo, camby, martin, pierce! thats a gun team. a team capable of being a championship contender ...... but this will leave celtics no where!

Reply #49453 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

are there enough shots for that team though? same problem miami and maybe even the spurs with finley will have to face!

Reply #49454 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Better trade for Denver. This trade could put the Nuggets in the top bracket. Camby, K-Mart, Pierce, Mello and Watson as your starting 5. Not bad....but seriously if you were a Nuggets fan you would be to be concerned that if Camby goes down, your starting centre is Elson backed up by Luke.

If this goes down the Celtics are gonna be loaded at the PG possie with West, Allen, Banks, Bynum, Miller, there is only Green for the SG. Didn't Ainge agreed to a sign-and-trade with NOH for Dickau. I thought Ainge was looking at making Al Jefferson his PF of the future.

The Celtics would have to waive a few players as they currently have a 16 man roster, one for two doesn't work in this case.

Reply #49458 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

with watson and boykins signed the nuggets may be putting andre millers name out there to see who bites, but i dont think this trade will happen.

Reply #49461 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I won my fantasy league last year on the back of Damon Jones and Josh Smith.

Jones' signing by the Cavs is huge news. I hear ya Isaac!

Reply #49475 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

IMO this trade as it stands currently will not happen.

Firstly, this particular trade rumour has been floating around for months, and it has only picked up in interest because hoopshype reported on the deal earlier this week before insidehoops picked up on it and now other websites are starting to report on it as well because of this. If anyone checks hoopshype regularly they would realise that its not the most reputable site of all time.

Secondly, with this trade the celtics would have 18 contracted players + Dickau (who will most likely be signed) as well as a 6 man point guard rotation! 6! (Miller/Dickau/West/Banks/Greene/Bynum)
Even if a few players are waived and a few are sent to the d-league we could still have too many players contracted as well as team chemistry issues. Ie if this trade was to go through you have Nene, LaFrentz and Blount fighting for the same spot, very expensive with not much to show for it...

Thirdly, does Ainge really want to trade Pierce for these two players without seeing Mark Blount being shown the door? Any trade involving Pierce should include Blount, which makes me think a 3rd team will be involved in this trade, possibly memphis.

As TR said if Nene gets traded the nuggets are looking vulnerable at centre so I dont see them doing this trade either. Not to mention PP relationship with George Karl from the world champs a few years back. At the same time this trade does not make the nuggets contenders, so why would they do it?

Summing up (!): Wont happen!
More likely player getting shipped out of Boston: Tony Allen. (Bostons code of conduct might see him gone while he still has relatively high trade value)

Reply #49494 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It's a little funny that this post was started by 'the truth' and that Paul Pierce's nickname is also 'the truth'.

On a sadder note I've read that Red Auerbach has slipped into a coma and is reportedly fighting for his life. A true legend of the sport. He won a record 16 NBA titles  nine as a coach from 1950-66 (including eight straight), then seven more as general manager.

Reply #49499 | Report this post

Underzied Pf  
Years ago

thats a bad trade for denver. Listen why, there loosing andre miller, and read it hear, Andre Miller is in the top few pg's in the game. forget what the stats say hes awesome. Paul pierce cant fit into that team with mello. plus nene is a gun

Reply #49565 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

QUOTE:its a heaps good trade for denver! melo, camby, martin, pierce! thats a gun team. a team capable of being a championship contender

**weren't these guys on the last US team that got whipped by Porta Rico??!

Reply #49655 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

only melo was in the us team

shit i hope red auerbach is ok! he is clearly the best coach of all time, forget phil jackson, red started teams from scratch! phil merely came into teams with superstars already (jordan, pippen, shaq, kobe)

Reply #49658 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

yeh, i hope red is alrite, hes done more for the game than any other gm/coach in history

Reply #49745 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

boston has already lost walker. surely they wouldnt get rid off their best player in pierce. but i think tony allen could play at the 2 if he has to. not saying he is as good as pierce or anything.
PS damon jones to clev is a huge loss to the heat. hope they can get someone else as good as him.

Reply #49769 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

twenty four, antoine walker, and jason williams should fill in fine for him, not so much antoine but you know :P

Reply #49770 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Where has Walker gone?

Reply #49771 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

Miami

Reply #49778 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

is it true

Reply #49781 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754