Anonymous
Years ago

Majok Deng signs with Pioneers

deng will be spending his off season in mount gambier playing in seabl with the pioneers.

i think this will be excellent for his ongoing development.

it also looks like a good signing for the pioneers who will again be in with a strong chance to return to the grand final for the 6th year in a row!

Topic #42540 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what can he earn in the seabl

Reply #667354 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

http://pioneersbasketball.com.au/2018/01/19/majoks-our-man/

Reply #667366 | Report this post

Aus  
Years ago

10k? Maybe more?

Reply #667412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10k a few years back I'd think Deng got between 20 to 30g.

Reply #667420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10k??? Hell of a lot more, forestville would be offering way more. Stanbridge getting that from Norwood, Drmic got 30k from southern.

Reply #667434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can get $30K in NZ and if the Pioneers are paying that they are paying way over the odds.

Reply #667472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

30k haha. not getting that.... Sometime it's about more than money. Just like Hobart claim with moller in Hobart although calling bullshit on that claim...money talks for moller unless something has changed

Reply #667473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are sides out there paying well, Kendall didn't go back to Bendigo for peanuts, I'm hearing the 25g for the better players is quite the normal. Normally accomidation and car on top of that as well. I'm certain Deng would be a high earner, lot clubs paying more to keep players out nzbl.

If any player is taking good offers you can't blame them sporting careers aren't that long.

Reply #667533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder what Forestville are paying the three 36ers they've got that that meant they couldn't keep him.

Reply #667802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No wonder Norwood and Forestville want to take over the running of the junior competition - to help pay for their crazy over the top player payments

Reply #668243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good for him and well done again to the Pioneers, they certainly seem to have deep pockets over there!

So, does SEABL have limits to the salary cap, what are the rules? Can a team just load up and win a title based on their financial situation, buy a championship?

Reply #668855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure can. Ask MtGambier.

Reply #668858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd ask Bendigo, they splash the cash. A few sides look like splashing the bucks this season, Kilsyth, Ballarat, Hobart.

Reply #668874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Splashing the cash also means results. Bendigo have failed on that count. Their is no salary cap anyway. So it's not really an issue.

Reply #668879 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754