Anonymous
Years ago

Duke hits jackpot - gets Zion Williamson

Zion Williamson just announced he's signed with Duke giving them the top three ranked players plus Tyus Jones little brother. Could this be the best recruiting class ever, maybe rivalling the Fab Five. Looks like Calipari and Kentucky are now behind Coach K in terms of recruiting one and dones. Interesting how Coach K tended to avoid them until Calipari started winning. Looks like superteams are no longer for NBA, no salary caps or free agency rules to stop anyone in college.

Topic #42558 | Report this topic

Latrentis  
Years ago

As a Duke fan this is great!! But not for college basketball as they'll all leave after one season.

Reply #667937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's face it they only go to college because they can't join NBA .
One and done has nothing to do with education just ask Ben Simmons.

Reply #667944 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If I were Zion I'd be heading overseas for a nice little cash bump rather than wasting a year pretending to be a student athlete, with restrictions on how much I can train.

Reply #667945 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Yeah because he's going to be so short of cash when he gets drafted top 10. A few bucks playing in some shithole in Europe with all the expectations put on you as an import pro would be a much better experience for a kid out of high school than playing in one of the best College programs with one of the all time greats coaching you and pretty much a guaranteed trip to the NCAA Tournament and further with the roster they're putting together.........not.

Reply #667953 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Unless he blows out a knee, anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love college hoops, I just think that it's a complete waste of time for blue chip prospects like Zion.

Reply #667960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zion Is a little Overhyped.
He's an explosive dunker who has below par dribbling and shooting skills.

Reply #667962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh to be honest he will be getting a nice chunk of change from Duke. All top 25 kids get paid.

Reply #667994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anthony Bennett 2.0 if he doesnt get in shape. Looks undersized and pudgy.

Reply #668032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't there an Aussie kid at Duke? Hows he doing??

Reply #668106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack white very rarely plays.
He's just there for exp. he will never get big minutes.

Reply #668107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if they dont get decent minutes whats the point of éxperience' better off at a college that will use them

Reply #668133 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Unfortunately Jack keeps getting bumped for these one and done guys. He is the one guarding them at practice etc but obviously not getting the chance to play minutes in any games.

Reply #668159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt that always the story though when good Australians get to top colleges , you have to wonder is it worth all the trouble

Reply #668189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754