TokotoRulz
Years ago

Speculation Player only wildcats meeting tomorrow

An open training session for fans has been pushed back an hour.

It's reasonable to think the Wildcats leadership group is calling a player only meeting to discuss their recent form.

Topic #42567 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or that they wanted a sleep-in after the road trip?

Reply #668216 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

One would argue they got enough sleep on that road trip, considering no one showed up to play.

Reply #668217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they realised they would have to miss the end of the NBA game so they pushed it back an hour

Reply #668219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson finally on the ropes, can't believe he lasted as long as he has.

Reply #668228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously?

Reply #668235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One would think Perth would be the only team with enough capital to lure Brian Goorjian back here. Highly unlikely but you never know

Reply #668246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No thanks we need to get away from sludgeball and to run and gun.

Reply #668247 | Report this post

Concerned fan  
Years ago

Apart from Tokoto and Martin they all need a swift kick up the pants

Reply #668250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Tokoto needs one too. Terrible body language.

Reply #668256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JP Tokoto is one of the main culprits for the Perth steep decline.

Reply #668260 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

I think Tokoto may be pissed with Gleeson running everything through Cotton. Either that or he just enjoys standing on the weak side wing doing SFA most of the time....in between taking ill advised jumpers.

When he makes an effort to get to the boards he invariable comes up with the rebound but if you watch him closely that effort comes only every now and then.

Reply #668262 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

I've noticed that cotton rarely passes to Tokoto. Might just be me though.

Reply #668267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JP issues with Gleeson. No surprise there if I had to work under him I'd hate it too.

Reply #668268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankfully the Cats aren't looking at recruiting you!

Reply #668269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow thanks for the valuable contribution to the topic.

Reply #668270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And your contribution was insightful?

Reply #668271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes as Gleeson would be hard to work for hence the JP non effort hence the team struggling.

Reply #668272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Gleeson and Tokoto had a big dust up around Xmas at training, it seems to coincide with the wildcats decline and tokoto's lack of effort all the time

Reply #668273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly yet that anon above thinks it's not a meaningful contribution that Gleeson is part of the issue. Not too bright.

Reply #668274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not saying Gleeson is perfect but he's done ok managing his team for the past few years. One rumoured dust up with a player doesn't suddenly make him at fault or being a bad coach.

Reply #668281 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

oh yeah, the guy who has lead them to an unprecedented THREE championships is the problem.

and where's your evidence for this supposed "Dust Up"?
(As opposed to simply your bias against everything Perth.)

Reply #668282 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Players only meetings are nnot uncommon, there are enough vets in the locker room to make it work.

Reply #668283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Tokoto has put in a lack of effort because of a training mishap four weeks ago then that is completely unprofessional and not on the coach.

Reply #668284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pussycats imploding. Yay!

Reply #668288 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

They can still finish top, playing like craps, but different to last season, the streak was on the line.

Coach can't put the ball in the bucket, Friday I forgot how much sitters.

Reply #668292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I forgot how much sitters too. All week.

Reply #668295 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

and where's your evidence for this supposed "Dust Up"?
(As opposed to simply your bias against everything Perth.)
Why would there be evidence? There never is for these things. Remember last year when you argued until you were blue in the face that Johnson definitely hadn't failed a drug test? How did that work out for you?

Reply #668309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About as good as starting a topic on Cooke Jnr.

Reply #668312 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Ok so if Tokoto has had a dust up at training then please please please Clint Steindl actually do something and make it harder on Trev and how much he should play Tokoto.

I know people will bag me as Tokoto is in MVP conversation but if Steindl hits say 5 3's in the first half then not only do Wildcats look a different team but Tokoto can stay on the bench for a couple more minutes. Issue there is Steindl not only isn't shooting 5 3s in a half but when he is shooting it, his shot looks flat and his pretty action isn't looking as sweet as it did a few years ago.

Reply #668314 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Breaking: Sources confirm that there will be a Wildcats Fans only meeting prior to further posts being placed on Hoops SA.

People close to the Wildcats Fans camp inform that the sources of tension include deciding if Gleeson is or isn't a flog and if using the word flog makes one a flog themselves.

Reply #668321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were going to have a Coaches Only meeting but they couldn't find a meeting room big enough.

Reply #668324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the globetrotters visit Perth, the wildcats may fill in for the washington generals who are looking a bit tired after all the travel.

Reply #668325 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

@DoubleClutch hahahah

Reply #668331 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Update from training.

Very business as usual.

Briefly mentioned that the session was delayed due to an "extended film session" because of the last two losses.

Read into that what you will.

Bit surprised at the intensity of the training session, looked like a team thats sitting on top of the ladder, not one that's loss their last 4 or 6.

Also packed crowd... more than what's usually at Kings games by the looks of it.

Reply #668393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson holding a relaxed training session despite the losses? That is horrendous.

Reply #668395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been a gruelling few weeks and badly need to freshen up so smart not to go too hard IMO

Reply #668397 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Called it

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/early-morning-meeting-could-shake-perth-wildcats-out-of-slump-ng-b88722882z

Reply #668398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awww the pro athletes are tired. Give me a break.

Reply #668399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow. There was 5000 + people at the Wildcats training with one tittle tat in there.
Get a job for starters

Reply #668416 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Went today, team looks like they are very tight group. Never been to a training session before, team looked relaxed. If they played like they trained over the weekend, they wouldn't needed a meeting at 6am.

Reply #668426 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Gleeson holding a relaxed training session despite the losses? That is horrendous.

HAHAHAHA... Yeah, and he gave them all reassuring hugs as well...

Called it

You called them having a video session? Nowhere in the article said that it was a players only meeting was there?

Seriously though, I love the more mental Wildcats fans... a little mini-slump and they're already calling for the head of the coach that took them to how many consecutive finals appearances and championships? Then going straight to bringing in Goorj? HAHAHA... great reading...

Reply #668449 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

The calling of a players only meeting was never meant to be a slight at the head coach.

Only now do I realise it could have been interpreted that way.

By saying they were having a players only meeting, I meant the leadership group needed to call a meeting to get some of the younger players into line.

To be honest, the thought of Gleeson being the problem didn't cross my mind when making this post.

Reply #668470 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754