Ricey
Years ago

Jason Kidd fired by Bucks

It's been announced that the Bucks will be looking for a new fresh direction and have fired Kidd. Seems a ballsy move at this point especially with Giannis being close to him, and apparently devastated at the news.

Who would the eventual replacement be? Can’t see them deciding on anyone long term this season which kind of makes the firing a bit soon to be making a decision on.

Topic #42569 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Seconds before me haha

Moderators feel free to delete my post. Apparently Giannis called Kidd and offered to try and save his job by calling the owners.

Interesting move by the Bucks, not sure there's a clear candidate. Whisperings it could be Monty Williams but is that a massive upgrade on Kidd? Is it worth the mid-season disruption?

Reply #668338 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Apparently they're going to chase a big coaching name offseason possibly. There would be a few out there salivating at the idea of having this team under them.

Reply #668341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Apparently they're going to chase a big coaching name offseason possibly"

Trevor Gleeson?

Reply #668342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely this is about his relationship with the front office in his executive role more than the coaching side of things? I know you could argue that the Bucks are underperforming but it's not by much and would be a pretty tenuous reason to fire a coach who has so much buy-in from the players. There are better coaches in the league than Kidd but what chance does Milwaukee have of hiring any of them?

Reply #668343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long time coming really with some weird decisions by Kidd like telling Middleton to miss foul shot when they were up by three to avoid a 4 point play. Really needed to serve an apprenticeship before jumping into coaching. For all the talk about a point guard being a coach on the floor and Kidd being one of the greatest ever, he needed to spend a few years on the bench learning his craft before jumping in.
Wonder who the new coach will be, Fizdale would be a good candidate after being in Miami with similar type players. Never know, Lebrons a fan of his but who would choose Milwaukee over LA. But then he did choose Cleveland over Miami.

Reply #668344 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Kidd used too many weird/ineffective rotations for my liking. Seems like they will hire a replacement in offseason, I think they should have fired Kidd then instead of having a nobody interim coach for a playoff team.

Reply #668352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kidd is a dick coach

Reply #668353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The whole dick? I heard he was just a head coach.

Reply #668354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Demopolous here is your chance!!!

Reply #668412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754