Looks like a part time user of English

Reply #668437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is not an English lesson just answer a sensible question

Reply #668446 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would the height and size matter if you're asking what their job is?

very small by my stands
This in a thread about "small" forwards should've given it away.

I don't know that Sobey is a small forward either. He's been a guard for the 36ers.

Their job is to be effective. Not every player at a given position fits a stereotype. There are classic, effective undersized power forwards. Or scoring centres, or defensive centres. Scoring point guards. Shooting guards and defensive off-guards. Small forwards that play a defensive role or 3&D or are power hitters.

Defence is useful, perimeter shooting and/or penetration are useful, versatility in guarding multiple positions is useful.

If someone has small forward skills but is 5-6" taller, they're generally playing in a better league.

Reply #668447 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Whatever their coach needs them to do. There are many permutations in the job description for every position that depend on the team style of play and personnel. A small forward can be needed to be anything from a lock down defender to a volume scorer. A combination of both (eg Kawhi Leonard) is probably ideal

Reply #668464 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, positions are pretty meaningless these days. More so than the SG spot though, it seems to me it's becoming more of a utility spot, where you can go find guys who compliment the rest of your roster by being either rebounders, defenders, shooters, etc. You can just plug another SG/combo guard there and hope for the best too, which is very common in US college basketball where a lot of schools struggle to recruit prototypical SFs (or are playing them out of position at the PF/C spot).

Reply #668467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

google it

Reply #668839 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754