LC
Years ago

Jock Landale named National Player of the Week

Jock Landale continues to lead a host of Aussie big men who are starring in college basketball, while a host of other Aussie men performed well across the past week including an impressive freshman class who are lifting and answering the call from their respective teams.

NCAA Men: Landale named National Player of the Week as the freshman answer the call

He has now earned the West Coast Conference Player of the Week honours for a fourth time, and was this week also named the NBC Sports and Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week.

Topic #42575 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, Any idea if any NBA teams are showing interest now?

Reply #668460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, he's not on the draft boards. Only deng adel.

Acuil and landale likely will try out in the combine.

Reply #668461 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would still expect to see Landale and Lual-Acuil Jr drafted, but most likely second round.

Adel is shaping as the only Aussie to go first round.

Reply #668462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting. None of the 3 above mentioned are on this draft board:

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Reply #668465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adel has been moved to 2019.

The others are not on the board.
Acuil was listed at 55 or something last month but has been pushed out.

Reply #668469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pity that players like psycho t hansbrough and frank the tank kaminsky have had so little impact on the nba because that has affected players like landales standing being similar players.

Reply #668553 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

He can have a solid pro career, even if the NBA isn't ready for him, he will still have an awesome opportunity at the Euro level or NBL level if he wants. Great kid, who would walk into one of our NBL teams similar to Humphreys I would expect. NBA draft is as much about hype and timing as it is about skill and performance!

Reply #668640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing I have seen in college or this season in the NBL suggests that Humphries is anywhere near as developed as Landale. Landale could be more of a Matt Knight level sort of player starting out professionally.

Reply #668974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Humphries talked up so much then? I don't believe he's 7ft either, no taller than Josh Boone.

Reply #668978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754